Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DIYguy
Cool story bro. LOL at "Pretty much"????? Im still a member and working on a novelty shoot for them in Sept.

Did you know I get a citation in 2012 for feeding deer? Its all the rave. grin

You're a member because you paid your dues, but you're no longer in any kind of leadership role are you? I bet your novelty shoot will be fun, shooting a scrub buck over a pile of corn maybe? You're still so high on yourself that you don't realize that by you being a member you're doing more harm than good for the orginisation.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reelman
You're a member because you paid your dues,

I can't decide if it's part of the old adage, "a fool and his money,...." or if he feels he should to pay to feel welcome.

Considering the time spent here defending his honor I suspect the latter for the warm fuzzies.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's not about the organization though.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You're a member because you paid your dues

That is pretty much how it works. That is the only requirement.

but you're no longer in any kind of leadership role are you?

No I retired back in 2012.

I bet your novelty shoot will be fun

It has been for 6 or 7 years running. Its called the ultimate broadhead challenge.

You're still so high on yourself that you don't realize that by you being a member you're doing more harm than good for the orginisation.

Actually Im starting to think you are high. grin

P.S. did you know I got a citation back in 2012 for feeding deer? I wasn't sure if you had heard that yet.grin

Ironbender in 3....2.....1

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/23/14.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

P.S. did you know I got a citation back in 2012 for feeding deer?

What a coincidence, huh?!

You "retire" fromWisconsin Bowhunters at the same time you were convicted of game violations.

LMAO! Bark now, Ronnie.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He "retired" because he was hurting the group with his presence and he knows it, or at least he should know it but maybe he's to high on himself to know it.

Where is your manifesto that you put all over the internet, and then removed, where you pretty much blamed your dad? Let's see it again.

You might have got a citation for feeding deer but that's only because the warden let you off easy. You know darn well that you were baiting deer. In your manifesto you even said that you threw out some bait so that a deer might come in for your dad. You are so full of [bleep] it's beyond funny, it's actually sad. I don't know if you are just lying or if you are actually delusional enough to believe the crap you're spreading. I know that you're so full of [bleep] that your eyes must be brown!

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
He "retired"

Yes. My wifes healths was really failing at that point. 5 surgeries in a year and a half meant My time at home with her was and still is the top priority. She is facing surgery number 6 but first will get her a series of injections in her spine and a nerve block to stave off the pain. You will hate that that is the reason for retiring after you invested so much in manufacturing a scenario that you like. I expect you to rebel at this news and stomp your feet and complain it aint so.

Where is your manifesto that you put all over the internet. Let's see it again.

Its in the other thread. You can go reread at your leisure.

You might have got a citation for feeding deer but that's only because the warden let you off easy.

Yeah because they do that all the time. Im sure he had me on a laundry list of things and flipped a coin and it was my lucky day. You really try too hard at this. Thanks for that. grin

In your manifesto you even said that you threw out some bait so that a deer might come in for your dad.

Nope. Once again you are manufacturing a tail that you like that is not factual. Thats ok and all but expect I will let you know about when I see it.

You are so full of [bleep] it's beyond funny, it's actually sad. I don't know if you are just lying or if you are actually delusional enough to believe the crap you're spreading. I know that you're so full of [bleep] that your eyes must be brown!

Hahahahahahahahha. grin This is when I know I am living rent free in your head 24/7/365. He who makes you angry controls you. Dance puppet, dance. Hahahahahahahaha grin

I look forward to the next ham fisted rage filled post pounded out on your keyboard. Now scoot along and get to typing up that really angry reply. Chop Chop.

[Linked Image]

P.S. Im not sure if you were aware of this but I got a deer feeding citation back in 2012. Spread the word. grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Im betting we can take a baked bean thread to 15 pages or more. Who's with me? grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Im betting we can take a baked bean thread to 15 pages or more. Who's with me? grin

well, I actually do have a question about your recipe. I'm not a baked beans expert, so let's clarify that right up front, ok?

so, I didn't know one could make bake beans without adding tomato catsup or at least tomato sauce or paste to a degree.

that said, I suppose the bbq sauce can cover a piece of that puzzle if necessary. It was good to see the addition of molasses, but the less sugar overall the better...for us afflicted ones, ok again?

so, I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe. no problem, I can live without them. the bacon and the fried pork did add a certain majesty for sure.

but, how much water, or bean water as you call it, to add? it looked dry to me, but that might have been all about camera angle.

overall, looks like a good rendition of baked beans. I have a bean pot, but it's been used to soak a goat chain in oil. I suppose I could clean it up, and set it to a higher and better use.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Gus
well, I actually do have a question about your recipe. I'm not a baked beans expert, so let's clarify that right up front, ok?

That would be a refreshing change of pace.

Originally Posted by Gus
so, I didn't know one could make bake beans without adding tomato catsup or at least tomato sauce or paste to a degree.

BBQ sauce and all the other liquid ingredients make the sauce. You can make it tomatoie (if thats a word?) of use this method. It whatever floats your boat.

Originally Posted by Gus
It was good to see the addition of molasses, but the less sugar overall the better...for us afflicted ones, ok again?

Less brown sugar if you like. No worries. Sweeten as you wish.

Originally Posted by Gus
I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe.

Never heard of such a thing in beans like this but its your pot. Add what you like.

Originally Posted by Gus
the bacon and the fried pork did add a certain majesty for sure.

If I were doing it right it would have been smoked, pulled pork butt but I have used ham too. The bacon is the key.

Originally Posted by Gus
but, how much water, or bean water as you call it, to add? it looked dry to me, but that might have been all about camera angle.

I used that cup and a half cup more later on. It looks dry but it really wasnt. The liquids settle in the bottom.

Originally Posted by Gus
I have a bean pot, but it's been used to soak a goat chain in oil. I suppose I could clean it up, and set it to a higher and better use.

Wash it well, heat it and wash it again, wire wheel it and keep heating it to sweat out that oil. Tip it upside down over a cookie sheet and bake at 450. It will smoke. Let it cool and clean it again. It can be saved. Then season it with good oil. I have rescued several pieces of cast iron over the years from farms where the cast iron may have easily been thrown out. I like a challenge.

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/23/14.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I looked through the other thread and can't find your 1900 word "appalogy" anywhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Gus
I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe.

Never heard of such a thing in beans like this but its you pot. Add what you like.

Unconventional but pureeing hot dogs of your liking through a blender will ad a subtle flavor profile to your pot and may take few tries to please your palate.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I looked through the other thread and can't find your 1900 word "appalogy" anywhere.

No really, go back and look again. wink

Then go back and look again. Im sure you will find it right where I left it. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

No really, go back and look again. wink

Then go back and look again. Im sure you will find it right where I left it. grin

By "right were you left it" does that mean only on your computer after you took it off of every site that you put it up on because it showed just what kind of person you really are?

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
No, no, just go back to the epic 18 page thread. Its right there.

How many times do we think I will get this dullard to go back and check?? grin

no really. Go look.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's what I thought, you won't put it up anywhere because it shows just what kind of guy you are. Blaming your dad for your baiting violation - pathetic!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I really wish this fools posts from the various forums had not been purged. He put out at least three maybe it was four different accounts of the baiting situation. Personally I don't give a chit. When I dropped the link to his baiting problems I was hoping it would make him go away. He quickly crawled back into whatever hole he came from on the other forums well the ones that had not already banned him when the story came to light. I wanted to save us all from his unending bullchit. This is how he acts on every forum I have encountered him on. Just the topic he turns into an azzhat about changes.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
But Mike7mm08 where to you stand on hotdogs in baked beans? It was something new to me and I dont think I would like it. That is the real question.

Oh and I got a feeding citation in 2012, in case you hadnt heard about it yet. Here is the link.

http://host.madison.com/sports/recr...9217f20-56bb-11e2-b15a-001a4bcf887a.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the interest of history here is a recipe copied verbatim from my great grandmothers cook book dated 1877.

YANKEE PORK AND BEANS

Pick over carefully a quart of beans and let them soak over night; in the morning wash and drain in another water, put on to boil in cold water with a tea-spoon of soda, boil thirty minutes, drain and put them in an earthen pot with two tablespoons of molasses. When half the beans are in the pot, put in the dish half or three fourths of a pound of well-washed salt pork with the rind cut in slices; cover all with hot water and bake six hours or longer in a moderate oven; they can not be baked too long. Keep covered so they will not burn on the top. Serve in the dish in which they were cooked, and always have enough left to know the luxury of cold beans, or baked beans warmed over. If salt pork is too robust for the appetites to be served, season delicately with salt, pepper and a little butter, and roast a fresh spare-rib to serve with them.

I've made them just this way many times and they are good! I don't have an earthen ware pot but club aluminum works fine and I like salt pork.

Addendum
"half or three fourths of a pound of well-washed salt pork with the rind cut in slices" I take this to mean slices of salt pork off a salted side of pork. Not that you cut the rind in slices.

Quando Omni Moritati
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
That sounds good. I like salt pork. Every time we butchered a pig my dad insisted on making side pork with the (rind we called it) on. Today that sort of thing would kill ya and come with lots of warnings. My mother would add that to her beans.

I contemplated adding some of my canned/shredded venison to these beans but I would have ended up with more of a meat dish than a bean dish.

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/24/14.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,674
Posts18,513,231
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.