Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#8965529 06/22/14
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Since some here apparently never eat baked beans from a can but haven't yet posted their method/recipe for hearty, meaty baked beans, I guess I will get the baked bean party started.

Time to roll out the 4 quart cast iron bean pot (not to be confused with a dutch oven). A bean pot does not have feet/legs and a dutch oven does. The lids are different as well. A bean pot lid does not have a lip for coals.

[Linked Image]

Time to get soaking. grin

Edit

See page 5 of this thread for the detail and all the other pages for a bunch of school girls wringing their hands. grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/22/14.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Your beans have bruised my ego...............
now I must go fishing.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
As I cook up this hearty dish Im thinking I should rename it to Pork, hamburger, bacon, smoked chicken and onion with some beans. grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I must say, your posts are definitely making me lose interest in hanging around this site.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Should we all remove our shoes, and look about for a bush that burns, but is not consumed?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I must say, your posts are definitely making me lose interest in hanging around this site.

RB it's amazing that the diverse cross section of members here from widespread locations have come to the same conclusion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That makes two of us.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
That makes two of us.

Mike

Can Denny come out an' play wit youse guyz ??? grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I always have an interest in someone's version of a proper bean cook.

tell us what you know, and we'll let you decide if we agree, or not.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Please take advantage of the ignore feature. If only for your own sake. You have always had the ability to see only the content that pleases you.

Or piss and moan and keep rushing back to remind us how unhappy you are because you can see who started this thread. You knew full well what you were clicking on and yet here you are.

If you are not a baked bean fan of a DIYguy fan, you get to choose the threads you view. I struggle to have sympathy for your lamenting. grin

IC B3

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Gus
I always have an interest in someone's version of a proper bean cook.

tell us what you know, and we'll let you decide if we agree, or not.

Spot on. Thats kind of the whole point of this Food, Cooking and Game preparation forum area. Its to share recipes ans preparation methods. Why this confounds some of the others is beyond me.grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Should we all remove our shoes, and look about for a bush that burns, but is not consumed?

You are free to do so but watch out for sharp stuff. A foot laceration is no joking matter. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I enjoy DIYguy's posts so please keep them coming.

My cooking, sewing, and cleaning skills always need improvement. laugh

Last edited by Whiptail; 06/22/14.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You just stepped in it now Whiptail. The "Clique" will now blackball you and fart in your general direction. Dont be surprised if a few of the minions start doing background checks on you and stalking you. Just saying. They are a sensative bunch that does not care for "outsiders" posting recipes in the food section. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So where's the recipe, or the tutorial?
Bring it on.
Although some folks here do seem to prefer ignorance...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Im writing it up as we type. (and as they cook) I like to give folks a heads up so they can

A. Look away

B. Piss and moan about a pending recipe coming down the pike and so they can make ready their list of "your doing it wrong".

or

C. know whats coming.

I think we know were the "clique" stands so far. :grin"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Please post some of your handiwork Whiptail I bet you're selling yourself short on yer skills.

With DIYguy OTOH it's not about the skillset but about HIM and he feeds off those who diasgree rather than entering into some good old fashioned banter or sharing.

He really is a conceited fellow as noted by the amount of time defending his honor.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
And if memory serves 284luvr is one to share good old fashioned banter out of one side of his mouth and then PM you slams and harsh words and name calling about these same people out of the other side of his mouth. Even giving some of those folks names like "chubby gal in sensible shoes". You have to be mindful of a couple things around here.

1. Watch out for burns from cast iron cookware

and

2. two faced back stabbers that pretend to like you only to PM others nasty comments about other people here that he pretends to friend to their face.

Other than that he is a right amiable chap. grin

Aint cooking beans a hoot?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well I enjoy DIYguy's posts so please keep them coming.

Would you be as interested in his DIY method of illegal bait piles?

That's something of which he has admitted to, and been convicted.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I got a citation (in 2012)for feeding deer by placing feed for deer a week before season by my dads stand. I would do it again a heart beat. Its not like the truth will matter to you. I didnt admit to nor was I convicted of illegal bait piles. You are free to manufacture a scenario that comforts you even if it doesnt represent actual events. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Betcha DIYguy paid the citation or tried to wiggle out of it.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Those are the only two options available grin. I paid it. It was a pretty small fine (around $350). Money is not an issue. I have lots of that. grin Like I said, If I have the opportunity to help my old man in his last years, I will especially if it amounts to the speeding ticket equivalent in the hunting world. I spent twice that just on the materials for an enclosed and heated stand for him. I will spend far more for as long as I can keep him in the woods.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DIYguy
I got a citation (in 2012)for feeding deer by placing feed for deer a week before season by my dads stand. I would do it again a heart beat. Its not like the truth will matter to you. I didnt admit to nor was I convicted of illegal bait piles. You are free to manufacture a scenario that comforts you even if it doesnt represent actual events. grin

BS! https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=5B8414FB575B2389776D4017636E7E84.render6?caseNo=2012FO001566&countyNo=49&cacheId=D047256C797025F4D3EF655D23D198B3&recordCount=13&offset=1

You got charged with placing or hunting over bait, and since you shot a monster spike off of the bait that's hunting over bait, not placing bait. Then you tried to blame it on you dad instead of taking the blame something you clearly did. Tell me where I'm wrong in those facts?

Congradulations tho Rancid as you have found a web site that it's almost impossible to get kicked off of. Considering that you've been kicked off of just about every other site you've ever been on. There must be a reason that you're kicked off of all those different sites.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Those are the only two options available grin. I paid it. It was a pretty small fine (around $350). Money is not an issue. I have lots of that. grin Like I said, If I have the opportunity to help my old man in his last years, I will especially if it amounts to the speeding ticket equivalent in the hunting world. I spent twice that just on the materials for an enclosed and heated stand for him. I will spend far more for as long as I can keep him in the woods.

But he wasn't huting over the bait - YOU WERE! Again trying to blame your dad on your violating. DISGUSTING!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would do it again a heart beat...... :D(284 smile) Its not like the I didnt admit to nor was I convicted of illegal bait piles.

But the innocent guy paid the fine anyhoo. You never heard of lawyers.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by reelman
You got charged with placing or hunting over bait

Nope! I got a citation for placing feed. That piece of code covers placing feed and it also covers hunting over bait. The difference is based on whether or not you hunt over it or not. I did not. It was not present when I hunted the stand and when the CO showed up. It was gone in the week prior. (not that the truth matters to you.)grin

and since you shot a monster spike off of the bait that's hunting over bait, not placing bait.

Nope (again) The CO said "Since there is not corn here I am going to cite you for placing feed." Then he helped me tag the deer. Not something he would do if the story you manufactured were true. grin

Tell me where I'm wrong in those facts?

I just did. See above. :grin

If you didnt know you were there. I was there. I dont think you were.

Anyway. I also got two speeding tickets. You might want to pretend you are outraged over that too.

Anyway. The more important question is do you like baked beans served on a plate or in a bowl? Im a bowl man myself. grin

I return you to your feigned outrage. Clearly you want to prented it matters to you. I should let you in a little secret (it should not be a secret at this point) I couldnt care less. The state said its square with me (back in 2012) I dont really care at this point even if some here pretend to care grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I would do it again a heart beat...... :D(284 smile) Its not like the I didnt admit to nor was I convicted of illegal bait piles.

But the innocent guy paid the fine anyhoo. You never heard of lawyers.

He plead no contest and he squared with the state back in 2012. And has a few lawyers. Some are just for land acquisition and mineral rights and stuff. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody likes you and it's been that way wherever you go and yet you continue attempt to reassemble the carnage.

Carry on Sir.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Read the last three sentences laugh

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Number/8966036/what/showflat/fpart/1/q/1

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I dont peek when I ignore somebody. Hahaha Remember when you lied about that? grin I didnt think it would last more than a day. You are not capable. grin

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
DIY guy,
The more I learn about you the more I like you!
Kicked off other sites ...Hoo Rah,
Killing big deer over illegal bait piles , especially in Nazi Wi. Yeah yeah.
Mostly pissing off the frizzin' puritans here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never did peek till I took you off ignore and all the negative traffic piqued my curiousity.Slap me I'm weak laugh laugh laugh

Amazing how many people dislike you and the amount of time you spend defending your honor like a little girl

I dont peek when I ignore somebody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

HOORAH !!!! A fan club of one.

Dues ?

Originally Posted by cisco1
DIY guy,

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
DIY guy,

Actually I killed a cull spike that we targeted after two years of dismal growth. We called him whipy. A spike 2 seasons in a row. And there was no bait. I got a citation for placing feed (feeding deer) by putting out corn a week prior to the season.

As to pissing off the goof balls here. Thats just good all around family fun right there. Im finding it more entertaining with each passing day. They lack a certain ability so they are left with my citation from 2012. They pretend it means a great deal to them even if I dont give a rats ass (I think thats what has them pissing all over themselves, That I dont care). It keeps them busy. They are very predictable even if they resemble a bunch of 13 year old girls on facebook. grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

From your huge fan base !!!! laugh

Originally Posted by mike7mm08
He has been banned from every other site I encountered him and his posts purged. Regardless of his offsite activities he is an azzhole. What we are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. He can take stirring the pot to levels never before seen on this forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DIY guy,

DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend,DIY has boyfriend, DIY has a boyfriend, DIY has boyfriend,DIY has a boyfriend.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Who luvs ya baybay
XXX
OOO

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
LOL grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Supper is nearly ready. :grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Slap me I'm weak

Your only human. Its natural for you to be curious. grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Photo upload complete.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
See page 5 for details.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I use great northern beans. Why? because that's what Mom used. If you are a pinto fan or fancy another type of beans, go crazy. Throw caution to the wind and use multiple bean varieties in the same pot.

[Linked Image]

You can soak the beans overnight or simmer for 20 minutes and then let the beans sit in the water for another hour. Do NOT salt the water. I toughens the beans and you are trying to soften them.

[Linked Image]

When they hit a boiling point add some baking soda, cover and let stand.

[Linked Image]

While the beans soften, I fry thick cut bacon. I fry it crispy because its going to end up soaking in the bean sauce and getting soggy.

[Linked Image]

I save the bacon grease for other parts of the recipe.

[Linked Image]

Im adding some hickory smoked chicken leftover from one of my smoker fests.

[Linked Image]

Then I brown (in bacon grease) Fresh pork and sweet onion.

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans8_zpsbf850c7d.jpg[/img]

I also brown up some 70-30 ground beef.

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans8a_zps3189089d.jpg[/img]

The "solid" ingredients.

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans9_zps8d7fc34b.jpg[/img]

The bean broth is made of several flavors.

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans91_zpsec81f8f6.jpg[/img]

1. Grey poupon mustard

2. Molasses

3. Worcestershire sauce

4. Dark brown sugar

5. Vinegar

6. Bean water (saved while draining)

7. BBQ sauce

8. Bacon grease

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Wipe down the inside of the bean pot with bacon grease.

[Linked Image]

Then all ingredients are combined in the cast iron bean pot and 2 slices of the thick cut bacon are placed on top. 1 slice for flavor and garnish and the 2nd slice because thats how momma did it.

[Linked Image]

Then in the oven at 350F for one hour. Then check to make sure you have enough moisture (add water if needed) and then back in the oven another hour at 300F. Then turn off the oven and let them sit until they cool to the temp you to eat them at. Try not to stir. You end up making mush.

[Linked Image]

Here is how they look after 1 hour.

[Linked Image]

To bad this video does not have a smell feature. Make sure to turn up the sound on your viewing device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSFD0TfRUBM

Now smash some strawberries with sugar for the shortcake that will follow the baked beans.

[Linked Image]

Supper time served up with some nice soft buttered bread.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans97_zps34a4cdc6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/newscouts/beans99a_zpsd50f2f3e.jpg[/img]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks tasty. I'll be doing a batch of beans on Friday night for Saturday lunch for my jazz combo that's coming up to play. We'll be starting the 8 lb. pork butt at about 11 p.m. to eat at around 11 a.m.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good stuff. I need more beans and lentils in my diet.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by selmer
Looks tasty. I'll be doing a batch of beans on Friday night for Saturday lunch for my jazz combo that's coming up to play. We'll be starting the 8 lb. pork butt at about 11 p.m. to eat at around 11 a.m.

That will really improve them over the ones I did. I didnt have any smoked pulled pork butt so I used the chops but I really like how smoked pork butt adds to the flavor.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Good stuff. I need more beans and lentils in my diet.

And really, dont we all. I can think of a few guys on here that would benefit by adding more fiber to their diet. It might dislodge that stick they got shoved so tight up in there. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And really, dont we all. I can think of a few guys on here that would benefit by adding more fiber to their diet. It might dislodge that stick they got shoved so tight up in there. grin

No more fiber needed in my diet. I'm chitting through a keyhole at 50 feet with no adjustments for elevation.

Lazer butt is my name. laugh

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Got fans Lazer butt????????
Or just sniffin' keyholes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got fans Lazer butt????????
Or just sniffin' keyholes?

Got lots of fans dickhead. Chitt stinks or haven't you figured that out.

Never touched the sides of the keyhole ergo the keyhole probably doesn't stink.

Go blow Pancho and his horse

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No doubt ^

Still waiting for your call about those incorrigible Shorthairs.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"Minerals are bait. If your baiting (using minerals) then you're in violation of the baiting laws unless your doing it within 50 yards of your home. If your using bait (mineral) in violation of the law, you are as bad as a poacher. Dont be a turd. Stop feeding the herd."

THese are your own words. Were you within 50yds of a house? Sounds like you're as bad as a poacher by your own definition.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Since my citation for putting out deer feed was in 2012 and I got 2 speeding tickets that year as well. I feel the need to confess other stuff Too.

On March 22 1988 I took 13 items through the 12 items or less lane at the Piggly Wiggly.

On Dec. 9 2009 I went 28 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.

On May 9th 1981 I bought a ticket for one movie and snuck into a different movie instead.

Last year for Halloween I dressed up as lady Gaga. That costume made me feel so free and liberated I did not take it off for two full days.

Om June 4th 2007 I farted in a crowded elevator and blamed it on a war veteran. I want to apologize to that woman. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXDbdlufjF0

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Are you dillusional? Did your momma drop you on your head as a baby? What are you going to do when you fall out of Love with yourself? Sir, you have some tough times ahead of you. Best of luck!

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
That why Socrates was so correct. Loser. (again)

I waited for somebody to post up a baked beans recipe but nobody as up to the task. Now that one is posted, suddenly people care about beans. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I waited for somebody to post up a baked beans recipe but nobody as up to the task. Now that one is posted, suddenly people care about beans. grin

Better look again you troll piece of dog dirt you received two posts in favor about your beans and it ain't rocket science and as usual it's all about you.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Its about the bean. Respect the bean while you prove my sig line correct over and over. grin

Beans is tough work if you want to get them just right (like I did) With this new found knowledge, you can spring forth and give beans a try with a little less trepidation and for that you are welcome. grin

Oh and by the way, did you know in 2012 I got a citation for feeding deer as well as two speeding tickets. There is no way a guy with such a sorted past should be able to produce such mouth watering legumes and yet here we are.

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/23/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My moms baked beans are the best bar none. wink

Don't believe me, just ask me. grin

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This never was about beans.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
My moms baked beans are the best bar none. wink

Don't believe me, just ask me. grin

Do tell. Lets see the recipe/process. Without pics/recipe it didnt happen. whistle

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This never was about beans.

Well it was about Mom too but mostly beans and a little about cast iron.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Beans is tough work if you want to get them just right (like I did)

Again it's about you.

Beans ain't rocket science but you're convinced that someone here will grovel on bended knee in the face of your mad cooking skills.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Beans ain't rocket science but you're convinced that someone here will grovel on bended knee in the face of your mad cooking skills.

That is always optional. I make no demands but cant say how others might react.

By the way, did you know I got a citation for feeding deer in 2012 as well as two speeding tickets that same year? Lock up your women folk. (and your beans) grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My posts are generally humorous in nature.

How come there's no laughter there chuckles.

You ain't ready to work the big room yet.

Maybe a 5 year olds birthday party blowin' up balloons.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I freaken hate balloons. That squeaking sound and the smell and when they pop. Im not a balloon fan. Im used to 5 year olds (how else would I be able to tolerate the cooking section here?) grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There is no way a guy with such a sorted past should be able to spell correctly.

lol...

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I freaken hate balloons. That squeaking sound and the smell

A ballon sniffer ???

What's the recommended course of therapy for that fetish?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I freaken hate balloons. That squeaking sound and the smell and when they pop. Im not a balloon fan. Im used to 5 year olds (how else would I be able to tolerate the cooking section here?) grin

I bet you are....

Steelhead

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tells us more about yer bean eatin' friends on the sites you've been given the boot.

He has been banned from every other site I encountered him and his posts purged. Regardless of his offsite activities he is an azzhole. What we are seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. He can take stirring the pot to levels never before seen on this forum.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
??????

When you go off your short lived (no peek) ignore feature promise you become quite obsessed with me. Im flattered. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tells us more about yer bean eatin' friends on the sites you've been given the boot.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
??????

When you go off your short lived (no peek) ignore feature promise you become quite obsessed with me. Im flattered. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yet you skirt the query. You are indeed banned from other sites ???

Large conspiracy against you I suspect.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Your passion and obsession for all things me (including my past) is comforting, flattering and creepy all at the same time. Tell the truth, the chubby gal in sensible shoes wants info but can keep her ignore promise and has hired you to get details and pics for her shrine to me since she knew you wouldn�t last a day with your ignore promise? Its ok, you can fess up. I cant imagine an adult male would fawn over me so tirelessly as you do so it has to be for her. grin

I already gave you my bean recipe, what more do you want?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Banned from other sites? Heck he was pretty much asked to leave Wisconsin Bowhunters because he was causing so many people to leave the group!

Spin it however you want about getting a citation for feeding deer. You put the bait out to hunt over and to attract deer which is illegal where you were hunting. By your own words that makes you no better than a poacher.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Cool story bro. LOL at "Pretty much"????? Im still a member and working on a novelty shoot for them in Sept.

Did you know I get a citation in 2012 for feeding deer? Its all the rave. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I already gave you my bean recipe, what more do you want?

Nittin' remotely enlightening about your recipe as it's fairly pedestrian. As for the other a hearty wave goodbye as you leave here permanently would be welcomed by many.

I'm thinking thunderous applause.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cool story bro. LOL at "Pretty much"????? Im still a member and working on a novelty shoot for them in Sept.

Did you know I get a citation in 2012 for feeding deer? Its all the rave. grin

You're a member because you paid your dues, but you're no longer in any kind of leadership role are you? I bet your novelty shoot will be fun, shooting a scrub buck over a pile of corn maybe? You're still so high on yourself that you don't realize that by you being a member you're doing more harm than good for the orginisation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're a member because you paid your dues,

I can't decide if it's part of the old adage, "a fool and his money,...." or if he feels he should to pay to feel welcome.

Considering the time spent here defending his honor I suspect the latter for the warm fuzzies.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's not about the organization though.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You're a member because you paid your dues

That is pretty much how it works. That is the only requirement.

but you're no longer in any kind of leadership role are you?

No I retired back in 2012.

I bet your novelty shoot will be fun

It has been for 6 or 7 years running. Its called the ultimate broadhead challenge.

You're still so high on yourself that you don't realize that by you being a member you're doing more harm than good for the orginisation.

Actually Im starting to think you are high. grin

P.S. did you know I got a citation back in 2012 for feeding deer? I wasn't sure if you had heard that yet.grin

Ironbender in 3....2.....1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

P.S. did you know I got a citation back in 2012 for feeding deer?

What a coincidence, huh?!

You "retire" fromWisconsin Bowhunters at the same time you were convicted of game violations.

LMAO! Bark now, Ronnie.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He "retired" because he was hurting the group with his presence and he knows it, or at least he should know it but maybe he's to high on himself to know it.

Where is your manifesto that you put all over the internet, and then removed, where you pretty much blamed your dad? Let's see it again.

You might have got a citation for feeding deer but that's only because the warden let you off easy. You know darn well that you were baiting deer. In your manifesto you even said that you threw out some bait so that a deer might come in for your dad. You are so full of [bleep] it's beyond funny, it's actually sad. I don't know if you are just lying or if you are actually delusional enough to believe the crap you're spreading. I know that you're so full of [bleep] that your eyes must be brown!

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
He "retired"

Yes. My wifes healths was really failing at that point. 5 surgeries in a year and a half meant My time at home with her was and still is the top priority. She is facing surgery number 6 but first will get her a series of injections in her spine and a nerve block to stave off the pain. You will hate that that is the reason for retiring after you invested so much in manufacturing a scenario that you like. I expect you to rebel at this news and stomp your feet and complain it aint so.

Where is your manifesto that you put all over the internet. Let's see it again.

Its in the other thread. You can go reread at your leisure.

You might have got a citation for feeding deer but that's only because the warden let you off easy.

Yeah because they do that all the time. Im sure he had me on a laundry list of things and flipped a coin and it was my lucky day. You really try too hard at this. Thanks for that. grin

In your manifesto you even said that you threw out some bait so that a deer might come in for your dad.

Nope. Once again you are manufacturing a tail that you like that is not factual. Thats ok and all but expect I will let you know about when I see it.

You are so full of [bleep] it's beyond funny, it's actually sad. I don't know if you are just lying or if you are actually delusional enough to believe the crap you're spreading. I know that you're so full of [bleep] that your eyes must be brown!

Hahahahahahahahha. grin This is when I know I am living rent free in your head 24/7/365. He who makes you angry controls you. Dance puppet, dance. Hahahahahahahaha grin

I look forward to the next ham fisted rage filled post pounded out on your keyboard. Now scoot along and get to typing up that really angry reply. Chop Chop.

[Linked Image]

P.S. Im not sure if you were aware of this but I got a deer feeding citation back in 2012. Spread the word. grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Im betting we can take a baked bean thread to 15 pages or more. Who's with me? grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Im betting we can take a baked bean thread to 15 pages or more. Who's with me? grin

well, I actually do have a question about your recipe. I'm not a baked beans expert, so let's clarify that right up front, ok?

so, I didn't know one could make bake beans without adding tomato catsup or at least tomato sauce or paste to a degree.

that said, I suppose the bbq sauce can cover a piece of that puzzle if necessary. It was good to see the addition of molasses, but the less sugar overall the better...for us afflicted ones, ok again?

so, I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe. no problem, I can live without them. the bacon and the fried pork did add a certain majesty for sure.

but, how much water, or bean water as you call it, to add? it looked dry to me, but that might have been all about camera angle.

overall, looks like a good rendition of baked beans. I have a bean pot, but it's been used to soak a goat chain in oil. I suppose I could clean it up, and set it to a higher and better use.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Gus
well, I actually do have a question about your recipe. I'm not a baked beans expert, so let's clarify that right up front, ok?

That would be a refreshing change of pace.

Originally Posted by Gus
so, I didn't know one could make bake beans without adding tomato catsup or at least tomato sauce or paste to a degree.

BBQ sauce and all the other liquid ingredients make the sauce. You can make it tomatoie (if thats a word?) of use this method. It whatever floats your boat.

Originally Posted by Gus
It was good to see the addition of molasses, but the less sugar overall the better...for us afflicted ones, ok again?

Less brown sugar if you like. No worries. Sweeten as you wish.

Originally Posted by Gus
I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe.

Never heard of such a thing in beans like this but its your pot. Add what you like.

Originally Posted by Gus
the bacon and the fried pork did add a certain majesty for sure.

If I were doing it right it would have been smoked, pulled pork butt but I have used ham too. The bacon is the key.

Originally Posted by Gus
but, how much water, or bean water as you call it, to add? it looked dry to me, but that might have been all about camera angle.

I used that cup and a half cup more later on. It looks dry but it really wasnt. The liquids settle in the bottom.

Originally Posted by Gus
I have a bean pot, but it's been used to soak a goat chain in oil. I suppose I could clean it up, and set it to a higher and better use.

Wash it well, heat it and wash it again, wire wheel it and keep heating it to sweat out that oil. Tip it upside down over a cookie sheet and bake at 450. It will smoke. Let it cool and clean it again. It can be saved. Then season it with good oil. I have rescued several pieces of cast iron over the years from farms where the cast iron may have easily been thrown out. I like a challenge.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I looked through the other thread and can't find your 1900 word "appalogy" anywhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Gus
I didn't see any chopped up hotdogs in the recipe.

Never heard of such a thing in beans like this but its you pot. Add what you like.

Unconventional but pureeing hot dogs of your liking through a blender will ad a subtle flavor profile to your pot and may take few tries to please your palate.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I looked through the other thread and can't find your 1900 word "appalogy" anywhere.

No really, go back and look again. wink

Then go back and look again. Im sure you will find it right where I left it. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

No really, go back and look again. wink

Then go back and look again. Im sure you will find it right where I left it. grin

By "right were you left it" does that mean only on your computer after you took it off of every site that you put it up on because it showed just what kind of person you really are?

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
No, no, just go back to the epic 18 page thread. Its right there.

How many times do we think I will get this dullard to go back and check?? grin

no really. Go look.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That's what I thought, you won't put it up anywhere because it shows just what kind of guy you are. Blaming your dad for your baiting violation - pathetic!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I really wish this fools posts from the various forums had not been purged. He put out at least three maybe it was four different accounts of the baiting situation. Personally I don't give a chit. When I dropped the link to his baiting problems I was hoping it would make him go away. He quickly crawled back into whatever hole he came from on the other forums well the ones that had not already banned him when the story came to light. I wanted to save us all from his unending bullchit. This is how he acts on every forum I have encountered him on. Just the topic he turns into an azzhat about changes.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
But Mike7mm08 where to you stand on hotdogs in baked beans? It was something new to me and I dont think I would like it. That is the real question.

Oh and I got a feeding citation in 2012, in case you hadnt heard about it yet. Here is the link.

http://host.madison.com/sports/recr...9217f20-56bb-11e2-b15a-001a4bcf887a.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the interest of history here is a recipe copied verbatim from my great grandmothers cook book dated 1877.

YANKEE PORK AND BEANS

Pick over carefully a quart of beans and let them soak over night; in the morning wash and drain in another water, put on to boil in cold water with a tea-spoon of soda, boil thirty minutes, drain and put them in an earthen pot with two tablespoons of molasses. When half the beans are in the pot, put in the dish half or three fourths of a pound of well-washed salt pork with the rind cut in slices; cover all with hot water and bake six hours or longer in a moderate oven; they can not be baked too long. Keep covered so they will not burn on the top. Serve in the dish in which they were cooked, and always have enough left to know the luxury of cold beans, or baked beans warmed over. If salt pork is too robust for the appetites to be served, season delicately with salt, pepper and a little butter, and roast a fresh spare-rib to serve with them.

I've made them just this way many times and they are good! I don't have an earthen ware pot but club aluminum works fine and I like salt pork.

Addendum
"half or three fourths of a pound of well-washed salt pork with the rind cut in slices" I take this to mean slices of salt pork off a salted side of pork. Not that you cut the rind in slices.

Quando Omni Moritati
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
That sounds good. I like salt pork. Every time we butchered a pig my dad insisted on making side pork with the (rind we called it) on. Today that sort of thing would kill ya and come with lots of warnings. My mother would add that to her beans.

I contemplated adding some of my canned/shredded venison to these beans but I would have ended up with more of a meat dish than a bean dish.

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/24/14.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I like your rendition of the classic, and good for you, baked beans.

if my bean cooker ever becomes functional again, I might give it a try, as a test.

likely, the sugar will be reduced, and compensated for with additional bbq sauce, which might be one and the same? anyways, something tomato like "needs" to be a part of the effective solution.

perhaps some Hebrew national or similar hot dogs will be chopped and added. down here in the poor South, we make do with whatever adds the most flavor at least cost. ya know? anyhoo, we don't have to use National Hebrew.

when one is in a hurry for Sunday dinner, opening some Van Camps pork & beans, and adding pineapple chunks, fried bacon, chopped dogs, and brown sugar and/or molasses will do in a pinch. the first rule is to allow the beans to rule, ok?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beans and hot dogs aren't just a southern thing, every Saturday night when I was growing up mom would make us homemade baked beans and red hot dogs, or "snappers" as we'd like to call them.

My wife is an excellent cook but she has struggled with the baked beans on several occasions. Will have to talk to mom and find out what her secret is to making her killer baked beans.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Once you get the secret, will you do a DIY thread please? smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys have let the azz-bag ruin this forum by playing into his hand. Please DFTFT...

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ironbender

Thats all I ask too. It brings up the level enjoyment and education to all parties involved when a recipe is well crafted and documented in pictures. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm headed back east this Saturday to see family, i'll see what I can do about getting her recipe. If I remember right, it was a fairly simple recipe but man those beans were out of this world.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My mom's were terrific as is the baked beans my wife makes. Each a little different from the other, but both outstanding.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Since some here apparently never eat baked beans from a can but haven't yet posted their method/recipe for hearty, meaty baked beans, I guess I will get the baked bean party started.

Time to roll out the 4 quart cast iron bean pot (not to be confused with a dutch oven). A bean pot does not have feet/legs and a dutch oven does. The lids are different as well. A bean pot lid does not have a lip for coals.

[Linked Image]

Time to get soaking. grin

Edit

See page 5 of this thread for the detail and all the other pages for a bunch of school girls wringing their hands. grin

That's not really correct, but I guess you can use any terminology you choose.
All most all of the dutch ovens made after the prevalent use of indoor wood stoves and the age of electricity were smooth tops with flat bottoms and were/are still listed under that name by the mnfg's.

The most commonly referred to "bean pots" were generaly fired earthen ware. I don't think I have ever seen a cast iron piece that was specifically marked bean pot... and I've seen a lot of cast iron. but what ever works... smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wrath of DIYgay will be upon you soon laugh

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
but what ever works... smile

Boy, does it ever. Thanks for the info. Next week it will be a stew pot. Shortly after that it will something else. grin

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
DIYguy makes some damn fine dinning. We have all learned a lot since he arrived.

Stick around. There is more to learn. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Another one of your fabrications. You spelled dining incorrectly sunshine.

DIYguy makes some damn fine dinning. We have all learned a lot since he arrived.

Stick around. There is more to learn. grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
all this talk about beans is becoming intriguing.

can we use it to make ethanol for our automobiles?

sorry, off-topic. I'm am thinking if I can get the goat-chain oil odor out of my bean bucket, I'm gonna do some in that cast-iron container.

maybe start with Great Northerns, then advance to Pintos and finally wind up with the Anasazis. I don't know. but, the local Ingles did have some hotdogs on sale today. that's a good omen.

legumes, such as beans might not be Paleo, but who cares?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Shortly after that it will something else. grin

At least you have a pot to piss in. grin

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No doubt he will be along with a piss recipe.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Gus
all this talk about beans is becoming intriguing.

can we use it to make ethanol for our automobiles?

sorry, off-topic. I'm am thinking if I can get the goat-chain oil odor out of my bean bucket, I'm gonna do some in that cast-iron container.

maybe start with Great Northerns, then advance to Pintos and finally wind up with the Anasazis. I don't know. but, the local Ingles did have some hotdogs on sale today. that's a good omen.

legumes, such as beans might not be Paleo, but who cares?

I always like to put sausage in my white beans (soup or stewed beans) like the great northern. I usually use hillshires smoked sausage in the red casing. I generally brown the sausage in a skillet then add the beans afterwards.
I make oven baked beans with red or brown beans and sometimes add browned hamburger to rest of the ingredients..

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
At least you have a pot to piss in. grin

And then some. grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Bark, Ronnie! smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, Amos63, Akhutr, anothergun, 12 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.