Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

this is the lw commander along with a norinco that I kida tricked out... both feed about anything....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those are some fine looking handguns, for sure! You did some pretty nice work there. I like a silver and dark two tone gun a lot, and the upgrades you did look to all be practical and useful mods.

What are the grips made out of on the Norinco? I have never seen a pattern or color combo like those on a set of grips.

Both 45ACP, I presume?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The grips on the norinco are from Wilson combat. If I remember they might be cocabola but not sure. I liked them and just bought them...
The commander has had many dif grips always smooth on that one as I carry it in a Bandara belt and the grips are against bare skin. The checkered grips chaff..
Both have been coated in Teflon Molly.. Notice the wear on the commander have been carrying that one for 7 years and its holding up pretty well
Notice the cut on the front of the slide and you can't really see but they both have border cuts on the side of the slide. Maybe I can get some more pictures.
And yes they are both 45
Thanks for your interest. I'm kinda proud of these. They are the first ones I did

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
What are the grips made out of on the Norinco? I have never seen a pattern or color combo like those on a set of grips.

Check out the grips by Esmeralda. Oh my !!!!!

http://www.esmeralda.cc

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
God forbid, a norinco, made in china? I get a kick out of it when i hear the knocking of eastern block products.
I paid about 200 bucks years ago for a norinco 1911, and have shot it countless times with nary a bubble, and it still works fine. My understanding is they are often used to day for custom builds.
While they can't be imported anymore here, they I believe still come into canada.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Modern manufacturing techniques have brought the making of a really good 1911 to many places where such did not exist a generation or less ago. Yet some folks still hang on to old and no longer valid biases.

(Written by a guy who is only considering Ford and Chevy for his next pickup truck..... crazy)

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
So it kinda funny as I am the worst made in china hater you will ever meet. A good friend had an ffl and ordered them and was selling them for like 180. It was the Clinton days and I couldn't resist. In standard form I never really liked the gun and didn't use it much.. I went to 1911 school on that one.. A screw up in machining would be no great loss. As it turns out the gun is one of my best shooters and gives up nothing to a colt.
One thing I did learn the colts are finished and machined much better and the quality of steel in the norinco is stringy with hard and soft spots. Never found that on a colt.. Non the less I have shot it the most without issue..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by safariman

Check out the grips by Esmeralda. Oh my !!!!!

http://www.esmeralda.cc

to hell with the grips. Check out Esmeralda! whistle

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.