Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wear an outer vest, because it's more comfortable. It allows a greater range of movement, and more breathability especially in the hot summer. In the winter i have a quilted carrier and usually wear a wool sweater underneath it. I'm not much of a jacket guy.

Yep. Being the boss has it's benefits. Our chief has a gun and two magazines on.

Compared to the rest of us. With gun, magazines, baton, o/c, taser, radio, light, and 2-3 sets of cuffs

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Umm, no it isnt. Dump a cup of coffee on a light blue shirt and then dump a cup on a black shirt. See what one the stain shows more on

Why don't you stop at a coffee shop to have a cup of coffee and then you won't dump coffee all over yourself. That's what our guys do. The local coffee shop has cops in for coffee all the time don't see a whole lot of dumping going on.

Because civilians shouldn't be driving and drinking coffee, they can't do it at all without wrecking. Just like operating cell phones, texting, and other electronic devices. That is why there are laws against civilians doing that, but exemptions for police officers doing the same.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of state agencies use tradition. NYSP has a purple tie they wear, i can't remember the significance of the color but it dates back a long ways.

Probably due to the color a perps face turned when they first used one in an interrogation! Probably require all department owned broomsticks to be red and brown for similar reasons!! smile

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Our reason for going with black is it tends to hide "grime" accumulated theought a tour and maintains a sharper look throughout a tour
Do you ever wonder what the modern obsession is, on the part of police departments, with black uniforms?

I just [bleep] told you why our uniforms are black. Pull your head out of your ass and read the wntire post before you hyper ventilate

This is comedy gold.

Police are bad; evidenced because they wear black uniforms.

HFS.

Maybe they can start wearing rainbows with flowers and butterflies?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RWE

Our reason for going with black is it tends to hide "grime" accumulated theought a tour and maintains a sharper look throughout a tour
Do you ever wonder what the modern obsession is, on the part of police departments, with black uniforms?

I just [bleep] told you why our uniforms are black. Pull your head out of your ass and read the wntire post before you hyper ventilate

This is comedy gold.

Police are bad; evidenced because they wear black uniforms.

HFS.

Maybe they can start wearing rainbows with flowers and butterflies?

And carry cans of silly string to spray at gay pride parades

Wonder what he thinks of catholic priests and their black uniforms

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Our folks wear green for class A & B uniforms, difference is material, the harsh duty is black BDU trousers and Grey T-shirts with black lettering on the back.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gunner, most folks that have never done a job, any job, have no practical sense of what it entails or the concerns. I have done a few different things in my life from farming as a kid to wearing our country's uniform then a Sheriff's Deputy uniform and even a Volly FF and Paramedic one, then driving most every type of truck there is. That does not make me and expert on any other type of work nor hold opinions on them. It does give me a rich experience base to make many judgements on those I am familiar with however.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That article was a hell of a long whine.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF? Now a work shift is a "tour"?

Hilarious.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of y'all have hideous friggin uniforms, it's no wonder you're always so cranky and beatin on folks.

If I were a cop I'd want the front of my shirt to be the color of donut glaze so I wouldn't have to be knocking crumbs off all the time. The back could be any color as long as it said AWESOME in big reflective letters.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Overtime is an �ber-tour.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�ber indeed.

Just get the boys a bib to catch the jelly filling. Problem solved.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
My only comment is that somebody needs to refer Rick Collins to the OathKeepers site and send him some information.
That...

Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by T LEE
The average, and I mean the majority of cops do not want you awed, or intimidated by them. Simply respect the job they are doing and not to break the laws, laws THEY did not put in place, that was done by elected officials. They are simply charged with enforcing them and keeping the general peace.

Amen. The vast majority do it very well, and are very much appreciated by the public (and myself).

While there are some here who start threads with the intention of bashing all cops, I consider the posting of truly bad cop threads as similar to the posting of threads about really bad politicians (or teachers, or <etc>). Best to shine a light on those specific individuals to oust them now. Similarly I love threads showing great cops like I enjoy threads about great politicians who are fighting to uphold the liberty of Americans. Shine a light on them as an example for everybody.
That...

Originally Posted by JoeBob
I've never had but one bad experience with a cop, but that one left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
Ditto - circa 1971, Stillwater, MN....younger newbie cop took umbrage at my age (23 at the time), my Triumph TR-6 and me going about 10 mph over the city limit.. Instead of just writing a ticket, I get the 'curb-kicking' routine for about 15 minutes.. Maybe that's when I began to totally dislike MN.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you ever wonder what the modern my obsession is, on hating police departments, with black or anybody wearing uniforms?

No..

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/21/14.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by T LEE
Gunner, most folks that have never done a job, any job, have no practical sense of what it entails or the concerns. I have done a few different things in my life from farming as a kid to wearing our country's uniform then a Sheriff's Deputy uniform and even a Volly FF and Paramedic one, then driving most every type of truck there is. That does not make me and expert on any other type of work nor hold opinions on them. It does give me a rich experience base to make many judgements on those I am familiar with however.

Agreed T, I believe what most Copper haters dont realize is that ALL Coppers can be got anytime, hell, their work areas and schedules are known, or can be easily found out, you call em they show up to help, guess I'm trying to say if someone had a beef with em it would be easy, anyone that doesnt realize how that'd make a man a bit nervous on the job is an idiot.

After all, they are charged with enforcing laws and do piss people off and make enemies in the process.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Do you ever wonder what the modern my obsession is, on hating police departments, with black or anybody wearing uniforms?

No..

I'm guessing there's at least one Forum member who's a guy living alone, with a police officer's uniform hanging in his closet, with a badge, an equipment belt, handcuffs, flex-cuffs, baton, radio, hat, shiny shoes and a pistol in a duty holster. All of it (except the pistol) bought off the internet.

Just for those special moments of alone-time in front of a mirror after a long, hard day's work.

Don't know who. Wouldn't even like to guess. But I'll bet he's here, somewhere. Lurking around these threads.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Probably owns a really flash set of nunchuks as well.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
finely crafted cocobolo night sticks....

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well look at that , [bleep] with a handle and a retaining strap!

Nunchuk man would just love a set of those.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you have to call them "phallic replicas"

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.