Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9042044 07/22/14
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Following another round of sanctions, demand for Russian-made firearms like the AK-47 rifle has picked up in recent days.

The U.S. and European nations have imposed economic sanctions targeting Russian companies over the country�s role in backing separatists that are fighting the Ukraine government. Additional penalties could be handed down in response to the downing of a Malaysia Airlines flight late last week. Federal officials believe the jet was shot down by a surface-to-air missile fired by rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The sanctions unveiled on Wednesday include Kalashnikov Concern, the maker of AK-47s and Saiga firearms. American companies are now prohibited from having Kalashnikov products imported into the U.S.

According to the Treasury Department, new transactions with Kalashnikov would violate the sanction, while current AK-47 owners can keep or resell Kalashnikov products. The Treasury also said distributors with an inventory of Kalashnikov firearms that aren�t fully paid for should contact the Office of Foreign Assets Control.

Impact Guns, which operates two stores in Utah and one in Idaho, has limited or no stock of several Kalashnikov models online. A Saiga AK-47 and AK-74 made by Arsenal, a Las Vegas-based company that modifies guns imported from Russia, are listed as out of stock. The AK-74 uses a smaller caliber than its older sibling.

Craig Ball, director of operations at Impact Guns, said the stores have seen increased interest from buyers looking for AK-47s over the last few days. Gun stores typically don�t keep many AKs in the pipeline, he added.

�Then something like this happens, and the supply dries up,� Ball explained.

Quick on the Draw

Impact Guns reached out to distributors as soon as news of the sanctions on Kalashnikov broke, but most distributors have stopped taking orders.

�Some were quicker on the draw than others,� Ball said.

Atlantic Firearms, a Bishopville, Md.-based distributor that specializes in AK-47s, is telling customers that many of its Russian firearms are unavailable.

�Due to recent import restrictions, we have had a run on our supply of Russian manufactured firearms. We are currently SOLD OUT of the Russian AK47 CAK-132 Wood as of 7/17/14. We are working with our importer to try and acquire what we can but are expecting price increases,� Atlantic Firearms said in a message on one product page.

A similar note appears on Atlantic Firearms� product page for the Saiga IZ240 AK-74, Saiga-12 IZ109 and other models.

K-Var, one of the primary distributors for importer FIME Group, lists multiple versions of the AK-47 and Saiga-12 shotgun as out of stock.

�The products of Kalashnikov enjoy great demand in the United States,� Kalashnikov, which is named after AK-47 designer Mikhail Kalashnikov, said in a statement published on the company�s website. �Preorders on civilian products are three times the annual volume of deliveries. Thus, the sanctions taken against Kalashnikov go against the interests of American consumers.�

Considering the import ban, some buyers may be looking to make an investment in AK-47s and other Russian firearms. Ball noted how Chinese versions of the AK-47 became rare commodities and went up in value when shipments to the U.S. were banned.

�A lot of people are looking down the road,� Ball said when asked about a possible jump in AK-47 prices.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess they will have to buy a rifle that actually hits what it's aimed at now... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Elections matter.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Elections matter.

No they don't.

I've read right here that there was absolutely no difference between Obama and McCain or Obama and Romney. I read right here that a dead cat would be just fine. You must be mistaken about that election thing. smirk

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Light in the darkness. Maybe the dark market in AKs will take some of the pressure off .22 rimfire ammo. But I wonder if Wolf and Tula ammo and components will be affected as well.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so a republican wouldn't be putting sanctions on Russia right now?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not at all sure a Romney admin would have this problem to deal with. Sort of think relations would have been a bit different with competency in the White House.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so you believe Romney would have kept Russian separatists from going ape [bleep] over the Ukranian leadership choosing to go with an EU partnership over a Russian one, preventing the Crimea region from being annexed by Russia and ultimately not shooting down a commercial airliner.

Romney had that power?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I guess they will have to buy a rifle that actually hits what it's aimed at now... wink

HAHAHA!!! EXACTLY!!!!

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
so you believe Romney would have kept Russian separatists from going ape [bleep] over the Ukranian leadership choosing to go with an EU partnership over a Russian one, preventing the Crimea region from being annexed by Russia and ultimately not shooting down a commercial airliner.

Romney had that power?

You think Zero hasn't completely F'd up international relations, totally and completely for the worse?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

With any luck at all....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nonsense, you can hit a barn with it, as long as you're inside the barn... grin

There are at least a couple of US companies making AK's. The one I have will do about ~3 MOA with a cold barrel. I'be be interested in a milled AK just to see if the stiffer reeciver worked better, but I'm not gonna pay $1K+ for one of them.

Rock River announced a AR that takes AK mags some months ago, but I've never seen one for sale. Maybe they'll get off the stick now.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Romney had that power?

We've had Hillary Klinton and John Kerry as Sec of State. Romney and McCain could have done better.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes, I believe Obama has hurt us

but that doesn't answer my question about Romney stopping the annexation of Crimea

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
heck, the Bulgarian AKs are better anyway. I'm hanging onto my old Arsenal SA93
[Linked Image]

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
yes, I believe Obama has hurt us

but that doesn't answer my question about Romney stopping the annexation of Crimea

It doesn't matter what Romney "would have done". Nothing could matter less.

Any speculation on that, or any other subject is mute.

What DOES matter is that we never, ever, ever have another POS like we have now in office, or top government officials to do his bidding.

Time to work toward something that has a smidgen of preventative action for future mistakes, not speculate what might have been...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GI, can onry own AK if tark funny.

Rove,

Dragon Rady

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Romney had that power?

EVERYTHING would be different. Our entire world relationship as rebuilt and maintained with President Romney would look little if anything like what it is under Obama. And I do mean under. The situation in the Ukrain is not a static occurance bound to have happened regardless of what else is/was going on in the world. It is the result of dynamic relationships. Separtist ideology would certainly have been present but any action to mobilize it as it has been of late would have been subject to pressures from established relationships between world nations. For all I know Putin could have had such a grand relationship with Romney that he would have converted to Mormanism by now. But of this I am sure; with President Romney our relationship with Russia and President Putin would have been less adversarial and quite possibly more amicable than the lack of relationship that exists now. Obama not only has destroyed our relationships with allies and potential allies, propped up radical muslim revolts with our money and blood, and caused the U.S. to be less respected in the world, he has also established a strong veil of confusion about what the hell the United States really is and what it will do next. To imagine events of late would have occured with a different President exactly as they have with this sorry excuse for a president is short-sighted to say the least.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
had anyone but the kenyan running American foreign policy, America's power and influence would not have deteriorated to the point where Putin and his commie thugs would have attempted to do what he is doing now.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Elections matter.

No they don't.

I've read right here that there was absolutely no difference between Obama and McCain or Obama and Romney. I read right here that a dead cat would be just fine. You must be mistaken about that election thing. smirk

I beg to differ. Matters would be a whole lot different re many domestic and foreign issues had Romney been elected.

There is no way that his agenda would have been the same as Obamas.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,450
Posts18,471,039
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.