Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't think it's a problem in South America, Cental America, or Canada.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.gov would love to have us fighting among ourselves, forever, by promoting some false and unnatural level of "diversity". It isn't diversity which is killing America. It is an obese and overreaching .gov.

We are all from different, even mixed, ethnic backgrounds. And we usually manage to get along fairly well with each other. It is when .gov comes along and begins insisting on treating specific ethnic groups more favorably than others that resentment comes up.

So, NO, diversity isn't killing America.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing wrong with diversity in and of itself. We've always been diverse and taken advantage of the different strengths that it brings. It's the constant emphasis being placed on it that's the problem.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Diversity is all about keeping people separate, in controllable and easily manipulated pockets focused on the wrong thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Diversity is associated with weak societies, not strong. Ours was traditionally the "melting pot" model for immigration, i.e., we had a strong culture and only permitted forks in in small numbers, and then almost entirely from cultures that were deemed compatible. To the extent their cultures were different from ours, only very small numbers were permitted in, with the expectation that they'd blend in, intermarry, and gradually their descendents would be culturally indistinguishable from any other American. That's homogeneity, not diversity. That immigration policy changed radically in the 1960s for the purpose of destroying the American culture.

You got it. The foundation for American culture is Anglo Saxon and Celtic culture. Any culture that can't conform to that culture should be out of here.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Liberals have once again succeeded in making a false statement a truth: concerns of "multiculturalism" is racist.

The problem with the current liberal focus on multiculturalism is they've taken a great American focal point and turned it on its head.

American multiculturalism used to mean assimilating and absorbing the best of all cultures to better the basic AND established American core value and belief system. The key was enhancing the basic principles of being "American".

Now, multiculturalism truly means division. It means allowing our social fabric to disjoint and decay into a multitude of different beliefs, contradictory beliefs, and polarizing communities so we no longer are United as we Stand, but Divided as we Fall.

The USA was founded on the belief systems of Western Europe by Western Europeans who possessed a different view on liberties, personal accountability, social accountability, how to take care of one's property, and what constitutes the American Dream. Now we have 3rd world immigrants who come from poverty, have little regard to property, want handouts, and do not want to be American but want something from America (central/south American Hispanics, all of the Muslims, parts of Eastern Europe ... seems the Asians for the most part are the exception).

Call me what you want, but I don't want an America that resembles some Central American shanty sheit hole, and especially not one that resembles any Muslim society whatsoever. And most certainly not one that takes in welfare candidates. If you bring nothing to the party, you're not invited. PERIOD.

I'm all for legal immigration, but I also don't want us just taking in anybody. I prefer people who take care of their property, want the opportunity to work, and want to be American first. All the rest can phug off.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Liberals have once again succeeded in making a false statement a truth

Spot on.

And along the way have created a self-sustaining grievance industry based on early 70s retrograde Cultural Marxism that spends tens of millions per year of other people�s money on speakers, court ordered programs, advertising, self-proclaimed experts, on-line PhD�s, consultants and contractors � whose sole mission is to ensure their future employment by keeping everyone thinking about what makes them different, instead of what brings them together.

Anyone able to see past the smoke and mirrors will quickly come to the following conclusions:

1. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
2. They overcompensate in all they do.
3. They are insecure.
4. What they cannot find, they will invent.
5. They do not really support diversity - they enforce compliance with their world view.
6. In the end it is always about the money.

Last edited by rlott; 07/22/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had my fill of diversity........just another way of reverse discrimination & affirmative action & it's very close, along with other levels of overbearing government, that have the country as we have known it, close to death.

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Greed & stupidity are harming America.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Diversity is a morally neutral thing. In and of itself, it is meaningless.

It most certainly isn't "good" or "bad." It just is. To tout it as a virtue is wrong.

Me, well, if a team of all black doctors came up with a cure for whatever was ailing me, I damn sure wouldn't refuse to use said cure because the team of doctors wasn't "diverse" enough.

IC B3

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Diversity, enforced tolerance and big government regulations.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It's fostered by the media, gov. etc.... it will be divided we stand, united we fall. That's the purpose of progress hiding behind the veil of unity.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Your larger corporations actually have diversity departments. They tend to create misery throughout the entire organization, while being publicly praised for their important contributions. Garbage!!!!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
One of the primary mantras of the left, is how valuable America's diversity is.
I'm kinda wondering about that. In the past, our diversity was not all that diverse. Think about who settled the Country. Mostly, if not almost exclusively Northern Europeans. Later, the Irish and Italians flooded in, but in essence, they were much the same. I guess the biggest difference was they were Catholic, and they settled in the Cities, not the rural areas.
Yeah, we had blacks coming in, but at the time, they were not a long term asset.
Now though, we have the black community, the homo community, the hispanic community, the asian community, the recipient class community, the disabled community, the dope smoking community, the illegal alien community...............NONE of which want to be Americans. They are here to take.
TONS of 'diversity', but much of that is of benefit to the Country. Instead, much of that diversity is a drain, a cancer. They contribute little, they take a lot. Their insistence on maintaining THEIR cultural identity is destroying OUR cultural identity.
Not to paint with too broad a brush, but the white middle class community, if we can call ourselves that, is what is holding it all together, paying for all those other free rides.
Now all those other 'communities' are proud of their identity, and are praised for being proud. However, let a person in the white middle class say how proud THEY are of being white, or successful, then all of those other communities come down with both feet, condemning, castigating, calling us racist, and in general attacking us. We have Black Pride, homo pride, hispanic pride, asian pride, poor pride..........but we are not allowed to have any white pride.
Here at UF, we have the black student union, the hispanic student union, the muslim student union, the homo student union.........all paid for by the white kids, but is there a white student union? God forbid!!
I'm getting a little sick of it all.

Let's say I believe much of what you said - question is "what do we do to turn the tide?"
Other than preaching to the choir....

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I gots my degree from a diversity.

damn Scott, I had no idea you had matriculated. laugh

Yeah, but only once and there were no witnesses.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
E pluribus unum.

Saul Alinsky taught that one must first disorganize a community before it can be organized. Diversity is being used for divisiveness to accomplish this end by our �rganizer in chief.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Diversity was the first time in my life I witnessed racism.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by goalie
Diversity is a morally neutral thing. In and of itself, it is meaningless.

It most certainly isn't "good" or "bad." It just is. To tout it as a virtue is wrong.

Very well said.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
America has always been the great melting pot, but historically the immigrants learned to speak English and assimilated into the diverse common culture that made us great. Now however, people are not required to learn the common language and become part of the great mixture. Hope it is not a fatal mistake but I am worried. When I go to Walmart and find Asian and Mexican food sections but no Eastern Eurpoean or Scandinivan food sections I raise a fuss since I am descended from first generation immigrants from those countries. When discussing it with the Black manager, he says they don't have those sections and when I ask if the store is racist, he gets all crazy and threatens to call the cops. Probably worse in other areas of the country but MN is generally pretty tolerant of diversity but not that store!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Typical of anything from the radical left... it was foreseen a long time ago, and was explain in simple terms with the Children's Story... "the King's New Clothes"...

They think if they keep telling us what they want us to see, instead of believing what we actually see...

If the liberal left is supporting and promoting something... you darn well know it is not for the benefit of this nation, that's for darn sure...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.