Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
BTDT, sort of.

A few years ago when Iowa went from each of the 99 sheriffs having absolute discretion as to who got a CW permit, to shall issue, the chiefs and sheriffs associations screamed bloody murder that their investigations would be compromised, they'd be forced to issue permits to dangerous persons, and the streets would run red. Yadda, yadda, and of course it didn't happen. Then and now, AFAIK, you also had to get a permit from the sheriff to even purchase a handgun.

I had face to face conversations with both the local sheriff and police chief, who are highly regarded in the community and, believe me, I wouldn't want either to have any significant say as to whether a person should have a gun. Very parochial, tunnel vision, and all about the interests of LE, officer safety, little regard for citizens' rights.

The chief looked me right in the eye and told me that, as a result of the revised CW law, he was certain his officers would have to shoot somebody.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Scott F

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

I have been in all fifty states and lived in seven. I can tell you your first statement is wrong.

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

So a carpenter from New York cuts a board looking over their shoulder with a mirro while one from texas cuts the board while facing it? BS. Occupations just aren't that different from one region to the next which is what would be necessary for police in one area to be as different as you all claim.

Techniques and hardware are shared, but mindset varies by locality. A carpenter from New York may be more inclined to charge you double for the shoddy work than a carpenter from Texas. And a carpenter in New York has different codes to comply with than a carpenter from Texas.

You must live in a small world to believe that people are the same just because their job looks the same to you from t he outside.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

So a carpenter from New York cuts a board looking over their shoulder with a mirro while one from texas cuts the board while facing it? BS. Occupations just aren't that different from one region to the next which is what would be necessary for police in one area to be as different as you all claim.

The police in Boston, NYC, Chitago, and such are a world apart from where I live. Trust me, I have been to all those places.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Spoken like someone that has never travelled extensively in NJ,NY and MASS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

The police in Boston, NYC, Chitago, and such are a world apart from where I live. Trust me, I have been to all those places.

Yeah - our cops don't even have the hardware those guys do - and don't feel the need for it.

Sherps "all the same" comment is indeed the most ignorant thing I have read in a while.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Get that dick out of your mouth you fuggin' homo.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sherps "all the same" comment is indeed the most ignorant thing I have read in a while.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why of course the CT. cops are the CT citizens friend.
Why do you think there have been no firearm related killings in CT. for years and years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

What you don't get, is that your point is meaningless. You think that participation in an occasional meeting by an industry group amounts to universal groupthink. If they spent a lot of time together at frequent intervals, that might be the case - but once or twice a year does not make a mindset.

Once again, tell us the tale of the New York carpenter who works over his shoulder via a mirror while a Texas carpenter does not. How things are done just does not vary that much region to region/

Considering they go there for training and the fact they receive federal money that goes double on doing the same things the same way.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So can I. This whole "people are the same everywhere" line of thinking is a lot of myth and hoooey. Getting together with people in the same business once or twice a year does not make a homogeneous group. Getting together every weekend...more likely. Who do you think your local guys are with weekly?

Techniques and hardware are shared, but mindset varies by locality. A carpenter from New York may be more inclined to charge you double for the shoddy work than a carpenter from Texas. And a carpenter in New York has different codes to comply with than a carpenter from Texas.

You must live in a small world to believe that people are the same just because their job looks the same to you from t he outside.

No difference in quality and we see people like you representing every state in the country on yourube with yuor whiney ass police are abusing civilians videos.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

And once again tell us which states we have not seen making the youtube news with the whiney ass crying of people like you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You 2 can make fun of the statement since that is all you can do. What you can't do is show us many towns that do not send reps to IACP conferences or similar law enforcement get togethers which shows what indicates their views much better than your bogus claims.

What you don't get, is that your point is meaningless. You think that participation in an occasional meeting by an industry group amounts to universal groupthink. If they spent a lot of time together at frequent intervals, that might be the case - but once or twice a year does not make a mindset.

Once again, tell us the tale of the New York carpenter who works over his shoulder via a mirror while a Texas carpenter does not. How things are done just does not vary that much region to region/

Considering they go there for training and the fact they receive federal money that goes double on doing the same things the same way.

That makes two ignorant statements. Things are indeed done differently from region to region. Evenin the same state, carpenters do things differently from region to region. You mirror example is absurd. There are plenty of other differences.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE

And once again tell us which states we have not seen making the youtube news with the whiney ass crying of people like you?

The difference is that in some states such incidents are news and in others they are business as usual. You don't get that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Donuts have a universal attraction you fu(king wierdo and the expenses incurred traveling back forth to the "training events" are passed on to the taxpaypers the next fiscal year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Get that dick out of your mouth you fuggin' homo.

Travis

Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Donuts have a universal attraction you fu(king wierdo and the expenses incurred traveling back forth to the "training events" are passed on to the taxpaypers the next fiscal year.

And the what they learned gets doled out to taxpayers the next year too. Win win.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

The difference is that in some states such incidents are news and in others they are business as usual. You don't get that?

Everyt state's officers are represented on youtube.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That makes two ignorant statements. Things are indeed done differently from region to region. Evenin the same state, carpenters do things differently from region to region. You mirror example is absurd. There are plenty of other differences.

There are not the night and day differences you are insinuating.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

To the best of my knowledge, nothing happens in South Dakota.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One less I have to read.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.