Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
US4PALIN: Ron Devito Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Oil companies deceiving Alaskans about who owns the resource with an expensive PR campaign former Governor Sarah Palin said in a phone interview with Alaska Dispatch�s Laurel Andrews. �It is very important for Alaskans to read the [state] Constitution and realize who owns the oil versus allowing crony capitalism to sneak back into our state and result in more Corrupt Bastards Club members,� she said.

Gov. Palin signed Alaska�s Clear and Equitable Share (ACES) into law. The tax system passed with strong bi-partisan support.
When Gov. Palin resigned her office and Gov. Parnell took over, he promised to maintain the Palin administration�s agenda 100%.

But, Gov. Parnell quickly reneged and waged a three-year war on ACES.
Gov. Parnell, a former ConocoPhilips lobbyist got what he wanted in the form of SB-21 the tax system that replaced ACES.
Some of the legislators who passed SB-21 are active employees in the industry. Clear conflict of interest and more of oil companies deceiving Alaskans.

Under ACES, Alaska enjoyed a $16 billion surplus as Gov. Palin left office.
ACES provided tax credits to companies that explored for new oil and gas.
SB-21 passed under the guise of increasing production has done no such thing and offers no incentive for new exploration.

Gov. Palin defended ACES on the Bob and Mark show more than two months ago. �Alaskans own the resources,� she told them. Under ACES all stakeholders shared in the energy market�s ups and downs.

Gov. Palin plans to post about the issue in the coming days or weeks. �It�s a big enough issue nationally that we want people to understand: we fought crony capitalism once before. People ended up going to prison for it. We want to make sure Alaskans don�t get schnookered again.�

AK Backbone and Vote Yes! Repeal the Giveaway got a referendum on the primary election ballot to repeal SB-21. Oil companies deceiving Alaskans to vote against the referendum and keep their patron�s SB-21.

�The future of Alaska is to develop our oil and gas reserves � but to do it ethically, to do it right, to do it responsibly. That comes down to Alaskans doing their homework, reading the Constitution, and remembering who owns the resources per our Constitution� she said.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Chrony capitalism"..............she needs a new line, that one is getting old and tired.

And we'll be voting No on 1 next month.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll bet that you know each time Sarah takes a crap.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the state and nation would be shocked if we realized how much self serving legislation was actually drafted by industry reps.

I have to pay to live in Oregon.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/24/14.

1Minute
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They wrote the ACA.

Let's see; about 500, or so, in Congress and + 36,000 registered lobbyist in D.C. and who runs this country?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The lobbyist that pays the largest non-taxable bribe?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes vote here....bill walker said so .. there is a reason the oil company's are running/spending 16 mill on ads http://itsouroilalaska.com/slideshow.htm

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aces has nothing to do with who owns the resources, the resources were sold to the oil companies when they bought the leases to the oil fields.

What Aces is about is taxing the oil companies to the point that they have been investing elsewhere, and why Alaska is now the 4th largest producer of oil in the US, and has fallen behind California.

If Sarah was truly a conservative she would not be for taxing an industry to the point that it is not making new investments in the state, and that's exactly what ACES did. It's only since SB-21 that the oil companies have been beginning to invest in new projects.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
deceiving Alaskans .... LOL .... hell, Exxon is fu-king all of us.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How so, Hotload?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
do you buy gasoline ? .... it cost too fu-king much mad

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hot button issue here for sure

damned if you do

damned if you don't

we may own the oil but thanks to the EPA and all the layers of gov't regulation, there's only a few players big enough to pull that oil outa the ground

I'm not for giving the oil companies a bigger cut, I think Parnell's piece of legislation went too far in that regard

but it's also a fact that oil development dropped too low under the ACES that Palin signed into law (and then promptly sent us all a $1200 windfall check, didn't seem very conservative to me)

I think taxes for the oil companies were too high under ACES

think they'll be too low under Parnell's giveaway program

but if we want Alaskans working in the oil industry, NO seems to be the best shot we have

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
"but if we want Alaskans working in the oil industry, NO seems to be the best shot we have"

My thoughts, exactly.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Aces has nothing to do with who owns the resources, the resources were sold to the oil companies when they bought the leases to the oil fields.

What Aces is about is taxing the oil companies to the point that they have been investing elsewhere, and why Alaska is now the 4th largest producer of oil in the US, and has fallen behind California.

If Sarah was truly a conservative she would not be for taxing an industry to the point that it is not making new investments in the state, and that's exactly what ACES did. It's only since SB-21 that the oil companies have been beginning to invest in new projects.

Do not blame Sarah and what she accomplished in open meetings for what Gov. Parnell and his big oil buddies have done behind closed doors since Sarah was forced to resigned.

There were a record number of oil industry jobs in each year from 2007, when ACES was implemented, to 2009.

The number of oil companies filling taxes with the state of Alaska doubled between 2006 and 2009. This includes a number of independent and foreign oil companies.

Natural resources and logging jobs increased 13.7% during Governor Palin�s tenure according to Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development data.

Add this to all the other stuff Gov. Palin worked for and Standard & Poor�s raised Alaska�s credit rating from AA to AA+ in April, 2008 and to AAA in January 2011. Moody's when to AAA in November 2010.

Now the trend is all downhill.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 07/24/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oil companies pay next no taxes when oil prices are low; but when democrats are in office, and oil prices go through the roof, Alaskans make bank. Of course we have the highest the gasoline price in the nation.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=E01

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Do not blame Sarah and what she accomplished in open meetings for what Gov. Parnell and his big oil buddies have done behind closed doors since Sarah was forced to resigned.

There were a record number of oil industry jobs in each year from 2007, when ACES was implemented, to 2009.

The number of oil companies filling taxes with the state of Alaska doubled between 2006 and 2009. This includes a number of independent and foreign oil companies.

Natural resources and logging jobs increased 13.7% during Governor Palin�s tenure according to Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development data.

Add this to all the other stuff Gov. Palin worked for and Standard & Poor�s raised Alaska�s credit rating from AA to AA+ in April, 2008 and to AAA in January 2011. Moody's when to AAA in November 2010.

Now the trend is all downhill.

Having worked in the oil industry in Alaska for 17 years I'd say I have a better grasp of the reality of the affect of aces than someone in the Ozarks.

The oil industry is like a large ocean going vessal, it takes time to change directions. Due to the pipeline failure and spill at the GC2 transit line, and ongoing projects, there were several years of construction that had already been engineered when Aces passed.

After Aces was passed, the engineering firms had a strong contraction, all the contractors that had been brought in to work those projects headed South, and all the engineers and designers struggled to keep employed during the downturn and many left the state.

Engineering has just started to rebound the last year or two and the next couple of years look promising. That means that module construction will start to pick up this year and next, and construction on the slope will pick up the following year and beyond.

How any "conservative" can beat the bandwagon about how wonderful high taxes are for the economy or jobs baffles me, but then again Sarah is anything but a conservative when it comes to business, taxes and government spending.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll get the popcorn. lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How any "conservative" can beat the bandwagon about how wonderful high taxes are for the economy or jobs baffles me,

The EPA is our real friend grin

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6841077/Re_Pebble_Mine#Post6841077

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another episode of Sarah knows best.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My opinion is that states need to act like ranchers when it comes to taxing natural resource - the "severance tax", the rancher also taxes in the form of a royalty. The rancher will mange his land and his mineral contracts so that he receives the highest possible return on his asset, while at the same time conserving and protecting his land.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/24/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.