Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I havent read the whole thread so maybe i am missing something but one thing i never do is pay it all up front and if that is what the contractor wants i find somebody else to do it............it just leaves a little negotiating power at the end just in case.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
VinceM: Can tell you have been there and done it too, no wise guy stuff taken. Believe me, I know all about the dime a dozen painters, after all, "anybody can paint", and "heck, you could teach a [bleep] to paint", sure you've heard it all too. When times get tough, a couple of paint brushes are cheaper than going to plumbers school, enuf said. The SW store I do business with always puts a dab of what I asked them to mix for me right on the swatch I take in so I can see the comparison, they are almost always spot on. This whole deal just sounds like an "in and out" painter to me, hope it works out for the OP.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My wife always wanted a barn red house. We live in one of these neighborhoods where all the sheep walk in a nice straight little line. So now we're the only house in the hood that isn't that ugly "off tan" color everyone seems to feel obligated to paint their house these days. Our next door neighbor actually had to balls to tell us they didn't like it and didn't believe it was ever going to "grow" on them. It's not like we painted it Barney Purple, or chartreuse or something like that-we painted it red! Thinking titty pink next time around to really get their blood pressure up!

I'd have told the neighbor that when he paid the mortgage, the utilities, and the taxes, then he could determine the color of the paint. Until then, GFY.

I'd have an affair with his wife.

Travis
Travis, she's so butt ugly I don't think YOU'D even do her at closing time on Saturday night!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like it. If I had a picture of the color my kitchen used to be you would love the color of your trim. If a butthole was blue it would have been the color of my kitchen.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by jimy
The red truck looks like chitt, that's all I see that's wrong with it,

Looks better in these pics....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Geeze man, tell us about that hog mulie. Helluva rack. What's the story?

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I painted houses in high school and college. I can't tell you how many times a woman (always a woman) picks out a color, and I paint a whole room or side of a house and she says "I don't like it." If they want me to re paint it, they are going to pay me to do it... and if they want a light color over a dark one, they are going to pay me twice because I'm going to prime it until it stops showing through. I painted a woman's bedroom eggplant purple and she turned around and asked for white. Her husband didn't want to pay me to do it. I walked. Over and over it happens though. You can tell a contractor to stop and beat it if you don't like their work. If they finish, and you let them, you are going to pay them. There isn't a lot of recourse once he's got your money.

As to your color. I'm sorry. I agree with you. It's very hard to do a brown house. I painted a couple, and one had red trim and one had a light yellow. Neither would suit me. I'd add some light colors. Trim, shudders, doors... I never painted gutters, electrical meters... That's not cool. Or, I hate to say it, re do. I wish you luck.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (35, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,092
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.