Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I just got off the phone with Bill Goodman. He picked up my rifle at Shiloh this afternoon and will ship it out to me tomorrow!

I'm more excited than a five year old on Christmas eve! grin

I'm gonna park my butt in the LGS on the day it is supposed to get there.
I went to Sharpsguy's house a short while back and he assembled some magic ammo for it, so I have something to break it in with.

Man, oh man, this next few days are gonna DRAG by! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tick tock tick tock....

grin

(mine is supposed to ship sometime soon...)

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give us some pictures when it arrives.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick.
I'm usually a pretty patient guy, but this next few days are going to feel like years. blush

Mike. I will most certainly post pictures. It didn't help my anticipation for Bill to tell me I had a gorgeous rifle on the way. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinSUFFER peasant!!! grin Pics WILL be required!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

It's all your fault, Jim! Well, yours, sharpsguy's, and Crossfireoops. Between your phone calls and them letting me shoot their Sharps, I was a goner. grin

I'll try to remember to take pictures. I might be too busy shooting it...

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 07/24/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinVELKOMM to der Darkside!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He won't be busy shooting it very long. He'll go through those 40 rounds before he knows it. It's like eating potato chips--you can't eat just one..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Meanwhile I sit waiting for a '77...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Meanwhile I sit waiting for a '77...

What are the specs on the 77 you have ordered?

Ed

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do have a picture of a 77

[Linked Image]

(sorry for the cell phone photo)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Back in Feb of 10 Shiloh had a rd /bull barrel run,I put my deposit down on a Business rifle with some add ons on March 1, in early Sept some guys I knew who had also ordered rd barrel guns were getting theirs. I called mid month and they said it had gone into final inspection that day.They said they would call when it was ready. I packed a bag and went to the bank for extra cash that afternoon. I told my boss I needed a short notice time off when I got an anticipated call just didn't know when it would be later in the week. At a little after 9am on Thurs day morning I walked out the backdoor at work and called Shiloh, the gal who answered it said she was just walking to the phone to call me. the call ESP? I walked back in told my boss I had gotten my call I was leaving then and 2 minutes later going down I-90 west towards Big Timber,MT 483 miles and 7hrs 10 minutes later after,2 gas stops, the Mac D's drive up at Billings I pulled into the park lot at Shiloh in Big Timber.No carbon left in the Toyota's engine that day , I pulled them grades across Wyo. that day at 70+ and down the other side damn near 3 figures. Well we did the paper work shook hands. I stayed at a motel in town and had a great barby rib meal down town as well as a few beers back at the motel,hard to put the gun down. Next morning went over to the Forest Circus office and asked for advice on where the locals used public land to shoot and 15 minutes later was making smoke. Yeah I had 60 rds loaded to go with me and a cleaning kit. I waited 30 years for my first ordered out by me Shiloh 74, waiting 3 more days for the UPS turds to get it to me in 1 piece would have given me a stroke.You should have grabbed the old lady for a relief driver and been half way there by now. Magnum Man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outstanding I do remember the feeling well. grin Ed as Jim says welcome to the DARK SIDE. !! Hummmm Big Timber ring a bell? grin This theme always will take me back to the many hours looking through their online catalog...good memories forever..

[video:youtube]chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYb30J_UOI[/video]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinYeah, but I screwed ya worst (or best) of all grin When you fondled then shot my 44/90 u wuz skrewed grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Back in Feb of 10 Shiloh had a rd /bull barrel run,I put my deposit down on a Business rifle with some add ons on March 1, in early Sept some guys I knew who had also ordered rd barrel guns were getting theirs. I called mid month and they said it had gone into final inspection that day.They said they would call when it was ready. I packed a bag and went to the bank for extra cash that afternoon. I told my boss I needed a short notice time off when I got an anticipated call just didn't know when it would be later in the week. At a little after 9am on Thurs day morning I walked out the backdoor at work and called Shiloh, the gal who answered it said she was just walking to the phone to call me. the call ESP? I walked back in told my boss I had gotten my call I was leaving then and 2 minutes later going down I-90 west towards Big Timber,MT 483 miles and 7hrs 10 minutes later after,2 gas stops, the Mac D's drive up at Billings I pulled into the park lot at Shiloh in Big Timber.No carbon left in the Toyota's engine that day , I pulled them grades across Wyo. that day at 70+ and down the other side damn near 3 figures. Well we did the paper work shook hands. I stayed at a motel in town and had a great barby rib meal down town as well as a few beers back at the motel,hard to put the gun down. Next morning went over to the Forest Circus office and asked for advice on where the locals used public land to shoot and 15 minutes later was making smoke. Yeah I had 60 rds loaded to go with me and a cleaning kit. I waited 30 years for my first ordered out by me Shiloh 74, waiting 3 more days for the UPS turds to get it to me in 1 piece would have given me a stroke.now. You should have grabbed the old lady for a relief driver and been half way there by Magnum Man
I did that very thing not once, but twice several years ago. Once to pick up a bull barreled 45-110 and once to get a 40-70 Sharps Straight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grinYeah, but I screwed ya worst (or best) of all grin When you fondled then shot my 44/90 u wuz skrewed grin

Ya think ! grin

[Linked Image]

This will always hang over my loading bench..

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FlyboyFlem; 07/25/14.

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGOOD thing the REALLY funny part ain't showed!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OOOOO..that hurts!But you managed to catch that smoke plume which seemed endless down that bean field. grin

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinI wuzn't meant to wear those sunglasses anyways grin The interesting stare and the drooling I saw sorta summed up whether ya liked it or not grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grinI wuzn't meant to wear those sunglasses anyways grin

It was an earthquake I tell you... whistle

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinDo we have any spies local to Too-Many-Letters so's we can have pix of HIS bloodshot stare and drool??? grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Shiloh should have given you that rifle, given how many people it's corrupted, to then order their own smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinAre you close enuff to be our spy? grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Magnum_Man, I would probably doing the same thing except that I'm by myself on an eight day business trip. I got the call on the first night of the trip, sitting in my hotel room, catching up on paperwork. Needless to say, I didn't get any more work done that night. grin

I'll get home just in time to go pick the rifle up.

E.T., tex n cal is a five hour drive away, but I'm guessing the drool and silly look on my face will still be there if he drove up. blush

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmm...I do have a business trip to Dallas in a couple weeks, might have to detour, just to get a spy cam pic smile

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Magnum_Man, I would probably doing the same thing except that I'm by myself on an eight day business trip. I got the call on the first night of the trip, sitting in my hotel room, catching up on paperwork. Needless to say, I didn't get any more work done that night. grin

I'll get home just in time to go pick the rifle up

Ed

OK that's acceptable excuse this time but next time what you order better have a original style tight chamber for ppb bullets only, you can't spend what's left of your life dicking around with grease groove bullets any more. Mag Man

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

laugh, Congrats Ed, you went and done it now...........................

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Infidel Ed,

Do not mistake Bullseye for BP, or you will receive your 72 virgins much sooner than anticipated!

ET will soon ordain you as a Knight of the Smokepole, and you will receive all honors that go with it (none). smile

Yours,
GAH

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
OK that's acceptable excuse this time but next time what you order better have a original style tight chamber for ppb bullets only, you can't spend what's left of your life dicking around with grease groove bullets any more. Mag Man

I DID order the 7 degree leade and am told it is a tight chamber. Does that count for anything? grin
I'm back on the grid now, so I can check tracking number again. blush

My trip was cut short for me, so I will be home tomorrow night and can get ready for the grand arrival.

E.T., I got your phone messages when I hit the grid again today. I'll give you a shout on my way home tomorrow.

Gunner & Jeff, thanks for the kind words.

I think we should put together a East Texas Campfire Sharps Shoot. Even invite a couple of guys from OK, AR, and LA to come play. Greasers vs. Paper Patch? Rookies vs. Old Guys? grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm up for it. When mine arrives that is. Otherwise it would be a Highwall. Or a Ruger blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 45/90 gits it Tex

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It do indeed, make large holes through critters... smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No larger than a 45-70.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've shot clear through a full grown buffalo with a 45-70. all a 45-90 will do is hit the dirt harder on the other side...

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I aim to try that as soon as possible... grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
My rifle is sitting next to me as I type this. It rained all day today, so her break in will have to wait until tomorrow.

It is everything i had hoped for and more. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I aim to try that as soon as possible... grin

Ed

Let me know when or I'll issue a fatwa on your azz!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
How many fatwas can you issue on someone before they can start shooting back? shocked grin

My sister, BIL, and their kids just moved to Big Timber, MT so I have a place to base out of when (not if) I decide to take a shot at a buff. cool

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many fatwas can you issue on someone before they can start shooting back? shocked grin

My sister, BIL, and their kids just moved to Big Timber, MT so I have a place to base out of when (not if) I decide to take a shot at a buff. cool

Ed

Glad I don't reside there as my plastic would be maxed out continuously. cry grin

Woody
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
�No larger than a 45-70.�
--SharpsGuy

�I've shot clear through a full grown buffalo with a 45-70. all a 45-90 will do is hit the dirt harder on the other side...�
--Sharpnel

BINGO! We have two winners over here.

I have to agree. And I have been campaigning with .45-2.4� rifles since 1987�.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
..but the BIG boomers are as much fun as fallin' into a barrel of tits grin44/90,45/90,45/110,50/90-BIG boomers!!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Shiloh I ordered will be a .45-90. Which I chose mostly because every body has a .45-70 (me included) and the -90 adds a little power without big case blues -110/-120 smile And makes a bigger boom & cloud of smoke, too smile

Along the way I stumbled across my original High Wall, which was rebarreled to a .45-90 at some point in its life. It's also a fun rifle, so I will have two of them. A light carbine and the heavier Sharps. So they share brass & dies - and we'll see how they like the same bullets, too.

Call it BPCR Loonyism...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
EvilTwin: I �nevva� feel into a barrel of tits, so can�t speculate if that would be fun or not. Sounds like it involves more than one female at the same time and those that I know who were fortunate -- or unfortunate enough -- to be involved with more than one at the same time, never seemed to come out of the experience unscathed and usually much poorer....

Anyway, yes there is something �bout loading a large chamber .45 or .50, especially when Those-Not-In-The- Know abound. I have a Sharps-Borchardt in .45- 2 7/8�. The Uninitiated always ask about the Paper Patched rounds and as the rifle: �what is that?� Some people just don�t know that they don�t know.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I touched off the .45-90 one day at the range. Through my plugs and headset (the guy next to me had a brake) I hear a woman yell, "what the f... was THAT

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinHere ya go Ray, a 44/90 Shiloh Sharps and a "Real McCoy" Sharps original 45/110
[Linked Image]

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
EvilTwin: Nice; very nice!

My Borchardt originally was a .45-2 7/8" and it was shipped to San Francisco in 1878. I bought it when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. I had John King �refurbish� it. Of course the calibre of choice for the re-barrel was a .45- 2 7/8�. That cartridge really shines. Just wished I had better eyes to take full advantage of its potential.

Upstate NY?? My family was some of the original settlers in Sullivan County � Fremont Center, North Branch, Obernburg area. Spent weekends and summers on the family dairy farms. Learned to handle a team of horses, then "graduated" to the tractor when my legs got long enough to reach the pedals....

Last edited by Ray Newman; 08/01/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The big guns do have their own special SOP's.. grin

[Linked Image]

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ray, the big 45 REALLY shines when it comes to killing BIG game. Newfoundland moose and Wyoming buffler both blown out of their sneakers with one shot each from that cannon.
Buffler
[Linked Image]

Moose
[Linked Image]

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice pictures gents! You guys have some gorgeous rifles! I'm with ET and Woody on this one, 45/70s are like fat chicks and Vespas, lots of fun...until your friends see you fondling one!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Nice pictures gents! You guys have some gorgeous rifles! I'm with ET and Woody on this one, 45/70s are like fat chicks and Vespas, lots of fun...until your friends see you fondling one!

Well, I guess I have a fat chick riding a Vespa. grin

I wouldn't change a thing about my choice of this rifle. I can't believe how well it shoots, even though I put over 100 rounds through her today.

Y'all have fun with your big boomers, I'll settle in with my Plain Jane .45 2.1". grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinYep!! Ya have a SHARPS!!!! grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I wouldn't change a thing about my choice of this rifle. I can't believe how well it shoots, even though I put over 100 rounds through her today.

Y'all have fun with your big boomers, I'll settle in with my Plain Jane .45 2.1". grin

Ed

Nothing plane about a 2.1 or any other chambering in Shiloh attire.. grin Our 110's dote on big hefty charges behind big chunks of lead but of course you pay the price in heftier recoil and pricier components which is an acceptable trade off you deal with upfront.

Enjoy your new toy it'll serve you well... smile

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

Ed

Nothing plane about a 2.1(load 'em wid a garden trowel) or any other chambering in Shiloh attire.. grin Our 110's dote on big hefty charges(load 'em wid a coal shovel) behind big chunks of lead but of course you pay the price in heftier recoil and pricier components which is an acceptable trade off you deal with upfront.

grinFixt grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

Ed

Nothing plane about a 2.1(load 'em wid a garden trowel) or any other chambering in Shiloh attire.. grin Our 110's dote on big hefty charges(load 'em wid a coal shovel) behind big chunks of lead but of course you pay the price in heftier recoil and pricier components which is an acceptable trade off you deal with upfront.

grinFixt grin

grin.Do we bring up the smokeless subject? Oh that's right forgot he gets a free pass this time only for fire forming purposes. grin

Woody
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
How about some pictures, Ed?

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Of the rifle...not the ScooterChick!

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Uncas
How about some pictures, Ed?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9066631/2

Woody
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Very Kind. I was with Ed when he bought that little knife and I owned the 97 for about twenty minutes!

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Uncas
Very Kind. I was with Ed when he bought that little knife and I owned the 97 for about twenty minutes!

I knew hanging around you was good for me. grin Can't wait 'til you get down here this fall!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The real killer is an original in a buffalo cartridge 40-90 BN. It works on all big game from buffalo to Angus cows...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinHey Shrap, is that yer Cooper?? Ya finally got it to work right?? grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is the Cooper, but we are still working on paper patch bullets. It does shoot minute of Angus...

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
But does it over penetrate? grin

Ed

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 28 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.