Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,400 of 1,842 1 2 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Us too Charlie. When I get home, I'll see if I can post up a pic or two of our adventures.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sorry to hear this. I too enjoyed his post very much .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Us too Charlie. When I get home, I'll see if I can post up a pic or two of our adventures.

That would be nice.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, he was a good guy. frown

RIP

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he always had a good thing to say and PM'd me many times. he will be missed, I wish I had the honor to have met him in person.

was saddened to read of his passing

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dang...I just got on the fire and read this sad sad news about Bill. There is a pit in my stomach and I'm kind of in shock right now. Grizzly Bill was a great guy and will be missed very much around here. frown

RIP Bill and May God Bless your family and friends.

Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate reading about any hunter who's passed. I especially hate to read about someone I've come to know through the bandwidth here at the Fire. I never had the honor of meeting Bill in person, but like many others, spoke to him a few times here. He will be greatly missed. Our little group is a lesser place with his passing. Rest In Peace Grizzly Bill. Godspeed and prayers sent for the family.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Would like to see those pics Tom. Sorry for YOUR loss as well

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I guess Uncle Dusty and Grizzly Bill are sitting with Waylon on a log "up there" having a good old time.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been a tough time for those on this thread. Here's to the hope that we never forget those who have gone before us. May their memories bring a smile to our faces this fall when the north wind blows, and we gather to continue the tradition that is deer season. Lest we ever forget.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I dont know what to say. Saying I feel ike I got kicked in the gut does not do it justice. I didnt get to meet him either, but shared PMs and just really enjoyed his posts. Doggone it, I will miss him!

RIP Grizzly Bill!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't think I have visited the fire in a month...and this morning I click on and see this. Very saddening and a reality check at the same time. Bill was a true gentleman of the 'fire. He will be missed....Calm winds and following seas Grizz....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't comment here much, but mostly just enjoy reading and seeing the camaraderie and banter. Bill truly did come across as a gentleman and knowledgeable woodsman. My condolences to his family and all that knew him.

The fire will burn a little dimmer with his loss.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a few boxes of ammo from Bill a few years ago,and was really looking forward to meeting him in person. frown

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've kind of been in a funk ever since heard about Bill. I never met this man in person. Talked to him a few times here. It's different how we get "close" to one another here on the fire, and even more so on this thread. It just hits me like a brick to see another good gun gone from our ranks. Those of us that come here to Dave's little corner of the world are all hurting today. We lost a darned good one, and it hurts a lot. Now another camp's gonna be a man short this fall. A tree stand on some windswept ridge, or on a funnel between two swamps will sit empty. A bunch of guys will be just going through the motions this fall, and missing their dear friend. For those of us who've gone through this, the hurt never fully goes away. We just try to block it as best we can, remember our friends, and do as they would want us to, and pick up a rifle, stand a post, and hunt hard in their memory. Rest in Peace Bill. Heartfelt prayers to all his friends and family.

Last edited by gophergunner; 07/28/14.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well said, Jeff. Thank you.

And thank you Tom and Dave. That is not an easy post to type. I'm sure the screen blurred a bit as it did for the reader.

My sincere condolences to Bill's wife and family.

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Agreed. Sad time and well said from the last two posters.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is the a pic from the first time Bill and I went fishing. Big walleye slayer he was, it was a rare release for him, but he felt he had to do it.
[Linked Image]
This is a hot spot I had on Lake Dubay near Bill's home town of Stevens Point, WI. We literally caught over 100 walleyes in this spot on that morning. None were smaller than that one. grin

This was a bit later in the day.
[Linked Image]

A pic of his SIL with a bear near Bill's deer camp.
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
And where the Grizz really shined, his deer camp. Man...He lived for this camp, like many of us. But Bill did it up right. He got there two days before the season opened, to cut wood, get the goods in the camp and settled in. Bill was the last to leave. He left the Monday after the season ended. He was one of the younger guys in camp, believe it or not? He was there for the comradery of the camp and the hunt itself. He's shot some big buck, but was there for the other and to make sure their hunt went well.

[Linked Image]

Bill and his uncle, 90+ years old, at camp.
[Linked Image]
Leveling up the cabin.
[Linked Image]

A nice buck.
[Linked Image]

Page 1,400 of 1,842 1 2 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,399
Posts18,470,113
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.