Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
None taken. Again, I'm not saying its OK to be complacent, just that these screwballs don't have a snowball's chance.

Are you just sticking your head in the sand, or are you actually that misinformed?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The goal is to get every 'American' lumped together in a dozen or so mega-cities.

Lot easier to control critters when penned up.

This is by far the most accurate of statements. It goes WELL beyond hunting, and WELL beyond the conception of most of the "useful idiots" on the far left (and many on the right).

THIS ^^^ is the goal, and the rationale.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The goal is to get every 'American' lumped together in a dozen or so mega-cities.

Lot easier to control critters when penned up.

Exactly. The New American Magazine (John Birch Society) has thoroughly documented the Re-wilding movement, and its movers and shakers, for twenty or so years. This stuff ain't new.

Political appointees of the last several adminstrations are sympathetic to this bullschidt.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
None taken. Again, I'm not saying its OK to be complacent, just that these screwballs don't have a snowball's chance.

Are you just sticking your head in the sand, or are you actually that misinformed?

Neither, but I do what I can to get more people into hunting and shooting. What are you doing besides preaching to the choir on the internet?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Neither, I'm doing what I can to promote hunting and get more people into it.

What are you doing, besides preaching to the choir here?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess you don't read well either.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt that even more than a handful of people here at the 'Fire even realize how serious this problem is. Nor do they care until it impacts THEM. A sad turn of events.

Even worse than hunters and outdoorsmen not knowing or caring, is the problem being ignored by powerful hunting organizations that could and should do everything in their power to stop this effort and people.

OK, so what are you doing? Besides preaching to the choir here. See Below.

Personally, I think the tide is turning. More and more people are realizing that hunting is not a bad thing and more people are hunting, for different reasons than in the past.

More people are shooting too. A fancy new indoor gun club just opened up nearby, catering to an upscale clientele. Business is booming, no pun intended. That wouldn't have happened 20 years ago.

The DC gun ban was just overturned.

Having said all that, this is no time to be complacent. Everyone needs to do their part, and the best thing is to get more people interested in and participating in hunting.

But as far as these kooks getting their way and substituting predators for hunters, it'll never happen. Because none of their ideas will work, and people are smart enough to know that. Birth control is not feasible, and neither is having large populations of predators anywhere except in the wilderness. Agriculture would cease to exist if we eliminated hunting.

Yes, we all need to do our part, but it involves promoting everything that is good about hunting and shooting, and getting more people into these pursuits.

The half-baked plan of these nut-jobs don't stand a chance. They say hunting is "unnatural" while promoting prey species control by predators. The general public is smart enough to see through that. After all, most people eat meat.

You'd be surprised what I do to stop the groups.

I serve on two boards of directors dedicated to defending hunting rights or wildlife management, I engage the environmental terrorists with science that disproves their emotions and lies at the levels that do some good, like Game Commission meetings. I also write for two nationally distributed magazines, and never miss the chance to mention the fight in my articles.

I also participate and sponsor events that educate our youth about guns, hunting, trapping, and the like. My favorite of these events are where they bring city kids out into the wilderness, that otherwise would not have the chance to learn.

I have also engaged the opposing side of radical environmental terrorists in national radio talk shows. They hate facts, and hate to see me coming... grin

I also participate politically with the procedure in which our leaders and elected officials are chosen. This is important on a local level too. Local politics, and the people that don't know the difference need to be educated before they vote... Not be stuck with the idiots for years after they elect them.

So, I think I may contribute at least what I can to the fight.... I could ask the same question of you. smile

I don't think things are as rosy as you paint them as far as gun rights and hunting privileges.

Ground lost will never be regained.

But, I'm hopeful that people do wake up and smell the coffee before all is lost. wink

rockinbbar,

Out of curiosity, what organizations?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
From 2011

Perspective: Animal rights group has infiltrated California Department of Fish and Game.

http://www.wonews.com/t-PerspectiveReport_AnimalRights_102011.aspx

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
From 2011

Perspective: Animal rights group has infiltrated California Department of Fish and Game.

Of that, there is no doubt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From 2011

They did in NM as well when Bill Richardson was governor and appointed 3 animal rights activists to the Game Commission. 2 of which were illegal appointments because they had to be appointed from different areas of the state and they weren't. Suzanna Martinez cleaned them out though, and we got a new Director of the NMG&F replacing the animal rights guy Richardson had in there.

I fight to keep politics OUT of game management...

4ager. New Mexicans for Proactive Wildlife Predator Management and two Cattleman's Associations.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From 2011

They did in NM as well when Bill Richardson was governor and appointed 3 animal rights activists to the Game Commission. 2 of which were illegal appointments because they had to be appointed from different areas of the state and they weren't. Suzanna Martinez cleaned them out though, and we got a new Director of the NMG&F replacing the animal rights guy Richardson had in there.

I fight to keep politics OUT of game management...

4ager. New Mexicans for Proactive Wildlife Predator Management and two Cattleman's Associations.

Gotcha. Not familiar with those groups, but keeping politics OUT of game management is an honorable fight (and a damned difficult one).

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I doubt that even more than a handful of people here at the 'Fire even realize how serious this problem is. Nor do they care until it impacts THEM. A sad turn of events.

Even worse than hunters and outdoorsmen not knowing or caring, is the problem being ignored by powerful hunting organizations that could and should do everything in their power to stop this effort and people.

OK, so what are you doing? Besides preaching to the choir here.

Personally, I think the tide is turning. More and more people are realizing that hunting is not a bad thing and more people are hunting, for different reasons than in the past.

More people are shooting too. A fancy new indoor gun club just opened up nearby, catering to an upscale clientele. Business is booming, no pun intended. That wouldn't have happened 20 years ago.

Having said all that, this is no time to be complacent. Everyone needs to do their part, and the best thing is to get more people interested in and participating in hunting.

But as far as these kooks getting their way and substituting predators for hunters, it'll never happen. Because none of their ideas will work, and people are smart enough to know that. Birth control is not feasible, and neither is having large populations of predators anywhere except in the wilderness. Agriculture would cease to exist if we eliminated hunting.

Yes, we all need to do our part, but it involves promoting everything that is good about hunting and shooting, and getting more people into these pursuits.

The half-baked plan of these nut-jobs don't stand a chance. They say hunting is "unnatural" while promoting prey species control by predators. The general public is smart enough to see through that. After all, most people eat meat.

You have no clue of how successful half-baked plans of nut-jobs have been and will be.

It's not doing something that'll work. It's doing the right thing. Getting non-hunters involved in hunting doesn't work. As hunters, we know it's a passion. People either want to hunt or they don't. I love to hunt. My son is indifferent about it. He has refused to o elk hunting with me this year. He does like to shoot, though.

My advice is to link hunting to individual liberty; that is: show indifferent Americans that hunting is a positive indicator of a free people.

As for those who are against hunting, it's a waste of time to try to convince them otherwise. You might as well dig a hole on a beach.

I will tell you for an absolute fact that underestimating enemies of freedom is a catastrophic mistake. I know. I live in CA.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

OK, so what are you doing? Besides preaching to the choir here.

You have no clue of how successful half-baked plans of nut-jobs have been and will be. One tiny compromise & one little new law at a time and they've gotten what they have wanted, and they'll get more of it using the same strategy.

It's not doing something that'll work. It's doing the right thing. Getting non-hunters involved in hunting doesn't work. As hunters, we know it's a passion. People either want to hunt or they don't. I love to hunt. My son is indifferent about it. He has refused to o elk hunting with me this year. He does like to shoot, though.

My advice is to link hunting to individual liberty; that is: show indifferent Americans that hunting is a positive indicator of a free people.

As for those who are against hunting, it's a waste of time to try to convince them otherwise. You might as well dig a hole on a beach.

I will tell you for an absolute fact that underestimating enemies of freedom is a catastrophic mistake. I know. I live in CA.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SansSouci
ingwe,

Keep in mind that the agenda is gun confiscation, which I can't rule out in my lifetime.

Moreover, since oppressive political constructs always arise from the left, should emotional wildlife "management" be adopted, expect severe penalties for poaching; e.g., felonies and loss of what gun rights might remain.

I used to have a game warden friend who's now in Heaven. He hated Morgan Fairchild because she duped easily duped CA voters to enact via initiative our state's mountain lion hunting ban. He was adamant that wildlife management is a science, not an emotion. Being a hunter himself, he was extremely supportive of hunting RIGHTS. He also told me to take my handgun when I hiked/fished certain areas. He told me that I always had the right to protect my life.

American voters are the most gullible (read: stupid) voters in the world.

I didn't know BigSqueeze was a game warden, I sure can't imagine you having more than one friend

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Which cattlemans's associations?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 222Rem
"Ever wonder where the Communist party disappeared to? ...

International Communism and National Communism never disappeared. They just changed the color of their lipstick and rouge and called themselves "Progressives."

Same ol' same ol'.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SansSouci
You have no clue of how successful half-baked plans of nut-jobs have been and will be.

You choose to live in la-la land, don't talk to me about getting a clue.

You can't even buy one there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Smokepole, I know what side of the river you are on. We have had that discussion here before.

You and your bud's are government employees that oppose multiple use of public land.

You ARE the enemy. Yet, with all that has been documented about the plans of the radical environmental groups to take the west from public use, and use the same old government agencies to enforce that land grab, and denying people the rights and privileges they have enjoyed on public lands,.... you still deny that there are drastic efforts to do exactly that?

You ARE the problem.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Smokepole, I know what side of the river you are on. We have had that discussion here before.

You and your bud's are government employees that oppose multiple use of public land.

You ARE the enemy. Yet, with all that has been documented about the plans of the radical environmental groups to take the west from public use, and use the same old government agencies to enforce that land grab, and denying people the rights and privileges they have enjoyed on public lands,.... you still deny that there are drastic efforts to do exactly that?

You ARE the problem.

You're full of unadulterated bullsh**.

I'm not a government employee, and never have been. And I challenge you to go back and find anything I've ever written here that is against multiple use.

You want to cite membership in unnamed "cattlemen's associations" as an indication that you support hunting.

I've got a news flash for you--cattlemen's associations exist to promote cattle ranching. Nothing wrong with that, unless you want to say membership proves you promote hunting.

Then it's just more bullsh**.

PS, I'm guessing one of the cattlemen's associations you belong to is the New Mexico Cattle Grower's Association. I'm sure it's a fine association. But I went on their website, read through it, and didn't see "hunting" mentioned once.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't put everything out in plain view where folks like you can get it.

The cattleman's assoc. supports hunting, trapping, multiple use of public lands and vehemently is opposed to the injection of wolves and other species that are not only in conflict with ranching, but hunting and public safety as well.

Next go around is grizzlies.

To say the cattleman's associations are not involved with supporting hunting is a lie. I see their presence not only physically at all the important meetings, but see the checks they write in support of proper game management and preserving hunting and trapping rights.

You never did answer me about WHAT you DO to help the efforts...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,262
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.