-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next step on this one (assuming DC really does not appeal - I can't imagine that) is a challenge to the DC handgun and ammunition registration.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...an-on-gun-carry-rights-unconstitutional/

Here's the money quote:

Judge Sculin extensively referenced the Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) and McDonald v. Chicago (2010) to concluding �there is no longer any basis on which this court can conclude that the District of Columbia's total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny.�

The court ordered the city to now allow residents from the District and other states to carry weapon within its boundaries.

Question, would this mean that any convictions, fines, gaol sentences, and criminal records be over-turned and compensated?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...an-on-gun-carry-rights-unconstitutional/

Here's the money quote:

Judge Sculin extensively referenced the Supreme Court decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) and McDonald v. Chicago (2010) to concluding �there is no longer any basis on which this court can conclude that the District of Columbia's total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny.�

The court ordered the city to now allow residents from the District and other states to carry weapon within its boundaries.

Question, would this mean that any convictions, fines, gaol sentences, and criminal records be over-turned and compensated?

No.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Why not...if the original ban that led to such was un-constitutional?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would make sense and DC can't/won't do that. Anyone subject to a conviction under that statute could and should appeal their conviction, but I'd not hold my breath on having it overturned.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Court has issued a 90 day stay to allow DC to come with a set of carry laws that meet Constitutional Muster.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
The Court has issued a 90 day stay to allow DC to come with a set of carry laws that meet Constitutional Muster.

Or, to file an appeal.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Expect a local ordinance to prohibit concealed carry in private businesses soon.

Something they have not had to worry about prior to.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by 4ager
That would make sense and DC can't/won't do that. Anyone subject to a conviction under that statute could and should appeal their conviction, but I'd not hold my breath on having it overturned.

=========

Remember you have a jurisdictional time limit to file such an appeal.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 257 mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,329
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.