Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
ihookem,
At the beginning to see if RAW will benefit what you do, and I believe it will if you are doing post processing, I would leave it at full resolution. I shoot a RAW file with a JPEG copy in camera and I will look at the photo on the computer before I transfer them to make sure it is what I want. That way you won't fill up a hard drive so fast. RAW does take more memory since it is uncompressed where JPEGs are compressed files. Again, to me, they are worth it.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kitch
I can say little that hasn't already been said about RAW but, I call it a "lossless" format in that it's like a 35mm negative that you always have regardless of how much it's been printed, color corrected, etc. I use to shoot just jpegs till I saw how terrible the final product was for printing after I did a bit of post processing. The image was not only less sharp but displayed artifacts and for me destroyed the reason for shooting jpegs...more shots per card.

When I got my Nikon D200 some years back I started using their Capture NX2 exclusively and never looked back. I'd make my changes in the RAW file, crop, color correct if necessary, sharpen, remove sticks or whatever from the background, etc. and then when I was happy with it would "Save As" a jpeg file which was usually between 1.5-5mb size rather than the 15.5mb RAW file, which I still had unmolested. With a 4Gig card I can still get 240 RAW images from this camera...more than I'd ever need.

Hang some pics,it'll be funny...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not wearing chest waders as I type this...though I likely own some. Hint.

Hang some pics,it will be funny...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This one is hilarious...

Shooting RAW opens many possibilities.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Certainly is.

Tough to trump the humor of botched white balance and a sensor being out of square to the World...but as per always,you remain at the mercy of your "abilities" and "comprehension".

Wow..............

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Aww common there lil' guy. Seems that a rating of 99.4 and 8000 views would tend to tell you you're a fool..but you know that as you have the luxury of not guessing. Effects that can change affects are so cool with RAW processing. You're so steadfast to your rules you've no room to think or grow. Which explains your anger.

So common weeble throw some of your stuff up for schits and giggles...if nothing less than to drive our muse and aspirations, we all know you live in AK and should have photo's that are bar none better than anything world wide or in the universe. Cause I'm sure you've gained global status as the best wildlife photog on the cause we see your name everywhere. It's Larry what...? Plus you've boasted how you've spent more on photo gear than most make on an annual salary. Seems you've no excuse's.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obama got the Popular Vote and BSA sells alotta scopes.

Your insecurities are EXCEPTIONALLY well founded.

Hang another schit pic and a "vote".

Laughing!.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As an aside,PLEASE copy/paste anything you "think" I'm "mistaken" about and I'll happily rub your nose in your own Stupidity.

Perhaps muse Cellphones and Bees,regarding the "end" of the World,again.

Laughing!................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice pic..just as I thought...

Vision and creativity jus don't suit you do they.

How ironic you mention insecurities, please have another wet dream for us.

laughin'... you're above and beyond your best already.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is this where your Imagination and it's Pretend,precludes your "remembering" the "harrowing" Tales you espoused in regards to Bees and Cellphones,causing Global demise? Now THAT would be funny,if you could dupe yourself into believing those facts did not transpire,at your trembling finger tips.

Laughing!

It is a curious constant,that you Window Lickers go right to Homo Erotic Fantasy,just as soon as you feel your Pretend starting to crumble.

I'll feign my "surprise",that you are unable to cite my being "mistaken". What were the "odds"?!?

How's about a INSTANT Classic?

JPEG SOOC,as it fell off of the sensor.

[Linked Image]

PLEASE find a better pic of one,anywhere on the Planet and be SURE to sort through Votes first.

Laughing!.................

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How's about a INSTANT Classic?

JPEG SOOC,as it fell off of the sensor.

you've done that...

odds are everyone eventually gets something close to almost.

chuckle..

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
PLEASE find a better pic of one,anywhere on the Planet and be SURE to sort through Votes first.

I've not enough fingers and toes...

C'ya...keep trying you're almost close to almost.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is this where I feign my "surprise",that the JPEG SOOC image is without peer...despite your Estrogen Levels swooning moot votes?

Knock it out of the Park. Laughing! Might I add APS-H 8MP sensor and that it prints FABULOUSLY on metal,to really pop the innate iridescence.

If only again:

"Is this where your Imagination and it's Pretend,precludes your "remembering" the "harrowing" Tales you espoused in regards to Bees and Cellphones,causing Global demise? Now THAT would be funny,if you could dupe yourself into believing those facts did not transpire,at your trembling finger tips."

Do tell and PLEASE don't let the cat get your tongue.

Laughing!................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Post another...you're bound to have at least one more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The BEST in the World,will reliably more than suffice.

Perhaps take a Vote?

Laughing!...............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The BEST in the World,will reliably more than suffice.

Perhaps take a Vote?

Laughing!...............

'member that instant classic thing you mentioned and insecurities. yeah, this post of yours purdy much nailed it.

As I said you're well above your best today... good job.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A herd of black horses, one looks to have a reflection across the back, sun *is* bright.

Originally Posted by Cocadori
This one is hilarious...

Shooting RAW opens many possibilities.
[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know you can't refrain Cluelessness and that just might be one of many points. Hint.

It's hardly a "secret" that I'm more than a whole bunch good,with a whole buncha things. Hell...even someone as Stupid as you,knows that. Which do of course add to the humor. Just saying. Funnier than schit,that you Imagined to Pretend the botched Pony Show pic,was a Trump Card of some kind! Wow!!!

Here I was expecting you to do the RAW Vote "Pro" Thing and really knock it out of the Park,but alas it's just another WyoWhimper Whine Fest poignantly punctuated with Excuses.

In case you "forgot" the query:

"Is this where your Imagination and it's Pretend,precludes your "remembering" the "harrowing" Tales you espoused in regards to Bees and Cellphones,causing Global demise? Now THAT would be funny,if you could dupe yourself into believing those facts did not transpire,at your trembling finger tips."

Laughing!.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RDW,

Is that a hanging chad Vote of confidence?

Laughing.............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
RDW,
Suns are *bright* they kinda work that way...anatomy of a horse given angles of light do play tricks. But the feed back is appreciated and noted. Thanks.

Twiggy,

Pony pics are easy to be had and hardly my trump card. And as for botched pics, sheeesh, there is a laundry list of things with your bird in a a zoo photo. Only you would wet dream this into the best in the world. Go with what you're know for and drive it hard so I can believe it. You're almost close to almost believing it yourself.

Seems your the queen of self proclaimed superiority excuses which hold water like a sieve. But seeing as you have the luxury of not guessing you're savvy to that and lies are easily believed when you make em yourself. Again, your almost close to almost there.

Cheers,

PS, Again, you're on your best game today..well done.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 30 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.