Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
For those of you that do this, what program or site do you use? What's the best way to get results printed out in a small enough form to get it on a 3x5 card or similar size to tape to the stock?

I use shooter on my phone but I'm thinking that having the drops taped to the stock might be quicker.

Also, where on the stock do you find it easier to use? I'm thinking opposite side from my cheek and upside-down so that it is easily viewed when I lean the rifle stock toward me to see it. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I write it on a piece of notebook paper. Then I put tape over it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You can email yourself an export table from the Shooter app (in Excel). I then delete the rows/columns I don't need and play with the text size printing out a few until I get the size I want.

Most of my rifles do not have a cheek piece so I tape it on the inside, right side up...just pick your head up and look down at it. The one rifle I have with a cheek piece gets the table in the same place...just a little smaller size text to fit where I need it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by deflave
I write it on a piece of notebook paper. Then I put tape over it.

Travis

Or you could do this...I work in a cube-farm...so I need something to help pass the time. That's the biggest reason I mess with Excel... grin

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I do it in Word so I can pick a font size that doesn't require my specs, laminate it and tape it upside down on my stock. I have a chart for each of the loads I shoot and keep them w/ the ammo. Having a LRF actually helps this work for me.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I print out what I want and the font size that works best in lower light using Open Office.
Then I tape them to the bottom quarter of the front tapered section of my scope, using clear packing tape, making it mostly waterproof.
I put drops on the left, windage on the right.
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I drop the results into excel, print then fold so the most used data fits in an area the size of a front shirt pocket. After a quick glance, it's right back into the pocket, and I don't have to disturb the position of my rifle etc.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
If I am hunting I put the drops and full value wind drift for 200 300 400 450 500 550 600 yards on masking tape on the inside of my rear butler creek. I then carry a comprehensive table in my wallet.

For everything else I keep the drop charts in a different book along with my gear. I think it is easier to reference a chart that is on the ground below the gun then it is to reference one taped to the stock.

As always, to each their own and YMMV.

J.A.F.O.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dote on my penmanship and flaunt same.

While I've laminated in several fashions,I'm most apt to incorporate a roll of clear shipping tape and make multiple passes on both sides of important data,as a means of protecting same.

The works are then affixed to the stock proper and typically on the strong side............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
For years I made drop chart for each rifle based on Quickload Quicktarget and attached it to the range finder with a rubber band.

Then I started buying glow in the dark tape, wrapping it around the elevation turret, and making marks per long range target practice.

http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-GLW-Glow-Dark-Tape/dp/B000QDLMSK

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Who would have thought feedback from reality would pay off?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A laminated drop/drift card affixed the stock,has no equal,in regards to all terrains and all weather.

I'm more than a touch dubious of someone's come-ups,when they denote values that aren't even mechanically possible to input the very glass,slated to do same...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used G7 this last year. Input all your info and it prints things out nicely. Gives drop for yardages and different inclines.

I taped it where I did and seemed to work fine.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gledeasy,

I have seen things done in similar fashion,on a few hundred stocks..................(hint)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Gledeasy,

I have seen things done in similar fashion,on a few hundred stocks..................(hint)

Who doesn't like redundancy smile

For those that have a computer, printer, and bad hand writing I don't think the print out could be much better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screen shot your iPhone, crop out whatcha don't want, reduce, print, tape..

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Calculate drops in JBM. Put into excell spreadsheet. Print out, laminate, stick to side of stock with clear packing tape. The first line means 5 moa + 2 clicks second line is hold over windage.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow.

17HMR 20gr Elephant Load come-ups in Mil/Mil...from an hour ago and re-confirmation..............(hint)

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Offside affixed,due strongside cheekpiece sculpting...................(re-hint)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then there's this, which is a pain in the ass
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
it's ok bore, i can zoom in onnit on the iphone.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.