Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SLM,

That's it...you convinced me.

I'm gonna get me one of them pocket cameras,as they seem like they'd be handy.

Film at 11:00...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Jorge- What's your boy going to load for it?

Mooner: I normally load 180gr Hornady Spire Points for most use, I've found that bullet to be very accurate and work very well in my Browning Safari Grade (98 action) as well as 180 TTSXs. His rifle likes them as well and it shoots just about anything to POI. Since he doesn't reload and the whole object of this rifle was an "all around, find-ammo-anywhere" rifle, he uses factory 180gr Fed Premium with 180 Noslers or regular ol' 180 Wincester Power Points. Can't get much easier than that! j

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Georgie,

Can't get much FUNNIER than that.

Wow..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Though much chit as has been heaped on the 06 here, I'm sure your boy will find it more than adequate for his uses.

If he ever takes a shine to twisting his own and stretching it out, I hear Montana Marine takes his to a mile with the 208Amax. If your twisted to launch it, should be fun. Not sure the BDC will hack it though!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The '06 is simply very easily slapped around and anyone who's shot it even a smidge...don't gun it,except to scratch a Nostalgic Itch now and again.

Was out past a mile yesterday with a number of rifles,all of which were S/A and under .30cal..................(hint)

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yep, your son will be served well by that rifle. LR ain't the only game in town. I like .30 Calibers, .300 AAC, .30-30, .30-40, .30-06, and .300 H&H have all been used and will continue to see use in my arsenal. .30 Calibers just flat out work, and work well.

However, I have a thing for "chit" cartridges that simply work when applied properly. Plus there is just as many ways to apply ones craft. Boxer/Big Stick seems to know his, but that doesn't mean his is the only craft out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A schit cartridge squirting schit bullets,steered with schit mounts,schit rings and a schit scope...that NEVER gets used,is in fact about the opposite of a well thought out approach to acquiring Proficiency. Even though them facts ain't music to the ears of the pointy-headed buffoon who concocted the sham.

Dirtiest of DIRTY Tricks,to do someone in such a fashion and it's blued to boot...................(hint)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sorry Stick you're on ignore, but I pretty sure you said "blah, blah, blah, it's chit, chit, chit". Try posting as Boxer, at least I don't have him on ignore yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
taylorce1,

I'm more than a whole bunch sure,that you are lying more than a bunch..............(hint)

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I asked my buddy why he never wants to shoot. He said "I don't find shooting my '06 with 180's to be fun."

I told him to get a smaller gun. He declined, and when he does shoot once a year, he uses a piece of memory foam as an additional puss pad.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm in the fortunate position,that folks line up for miles just to "tell" and "show" me stuff,if only as this Thread and countless others attest. I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and that is much to the chagrin of guessers everywhere.(grin)

NOONE is going to be amidst a herd of very sound rifles and pick the '06 outta the pile with schit mounts/glass/bullets and say "I WANT this one". Especially a kid,or someone who shoots a smidge.

But the notion it could go ANY other way,never loses anything in it's humor!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see that quite often as well. Guys touch off MAYBE 1/2 box of ammunition to check zero before deer season. They don't see the reason to shoot more.... likely because they're shooting 30-06, 7Rem Mag, and .300WM mostly (for Texas size deer no less, lol)!

Shooting a .223 and .22LR throughout the year makes a lot of sense and is FUN to boot. Stretching out the .22LR has been a hoot, and has really aided the boys (and myself) in learning to read the wind better. Since tinkering around with "long range" .22LR shooting I'd have to say our shooting time has tripled (if not more). Would likely be tenfold if good .22lr ammo wasn't so hard to source for a reasonable price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MANIC Reloading Day today.

B&H has used G1 X's for 380 clams,pard just put one in his cart. Hint.

'Nother Range Trip here in a minute,to yield final data on '2495 fueled 75Hornie HPBT's,for Stoner mags. Pard is stuffing formed Lapooey 223AI hulls with the same bullet(I'm not coughing up A-Max),243AI/105'Max and 7 Whizzum/162Hornie HPBT's.

I've got 223AI/75'Max,22-250AI/75'Max ,243AI/105'Max,6-284/105Hornie HPBT and 7-08AI/162'Max yet to go.

Never been tough to cypher who talks and who shoots.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
B&H has used G1 X's for 380 clams

I was checking out the G1 X MKII as the aperture is a bit faster and the Sony DSC-RX100 II as it's been getting good reviews and is truly pocketable, but that's a good buy on the MKI.

Saving my pennies though as I really need to procure the 1D Mark IV before getting another P&S.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Sorry Stick you're on ignore, but I pretty sure you said "blah, blah, blah, it's chit, chit, chit". Try posting as Boxer, at least I don't have him on ignore yet.

That's pretty close to an accurate translation.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by Big Stick
B&H has used G1 X's for 380 clams

I was checking out the G1 X MKII as the aperture is a bit faster and the Sony DSC-RX100 II as it's been getting good reviews and is truly pocketable, but that's a good buy on the MKI.

Saving my pennies though as I really need to procure the 1D Mark IV before getting another P&S.

The 1D4 is a killer body,no doubt and I'm afeared that APS-H sensors are gonna end with it.

The G-16's frame rate and AF are rather sumptin'................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hatari,

Do you REALLY believe she's NOT reading every word?

Here's HOPING you do...because that would only add to the hilarity of you Boobs,trying to out-Boob one another,by doing your "best"!............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't kept abreast of the rumor mill, but last I read it seemed that the APS-H sensor wasn't going to go away as rumor was Canon was going to add that to the new 7D MKII/X. Who the phug knows?? They've been dragging their feet, so I kinda doubt they'll even come out with a 7D successor. The 70D doesn't count IMHO!

Up to 12fps on the G16 is impressive. The aperture is pretty damn nice to boot!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With all the G-16's and G1 X's running around...I might just "drop" my G-12 in the drink overboard.(grin)

Have heard all the APS-H rumors too and lament in advance,it's passing. In fairness however,the 1DX really is quite an impressive machine.................

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hatari

That's prety close to an accurate translation.

It doesn't take reading very many posts by Boxer/Stick to realize he has knowledge and talent. All he lacks creativity and imagination to share in a way that really benefits all who frequent this site. All his posts read exactly the same with his form of Boxer Ebonics. So now that he's posting as Big Stick again, one doesn't need to take him off ignore to know what he's posting.

What I really take exception to in this thread is the way in his first post as Boxer, he insulted a heartfelt gift from a father to a son. Most people have limits and will usually leave the kid posts alone. However, it seems that when Boxer/Stick feels the need his level of toxicity knows no bounds.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 13 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,720
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.