Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Which social network are you participating in? If you have not joined either one, why not?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both - Linkedin for professional connections.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have both, but haven't looked at Link in probably two years. Not sure if its even active.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neither. I waste enough time here.

And I find FB to be pretty disingenuous. Everyone I know has "friends" who aren't their friends and who they really don't even like. I have a lot of coworkers and acquaintances but only a few people that I consider a "friend". If I got on FB I'd feel compelled to deny friend requests to people that are just acquaintances, which would just hurt feelings and I'd rather just avoid the drama.

If you're my friend, you know what's happening in my life and I in yours. For most folks FB is a reason to blab endlessly about themselves under the guise of keeping in touch with everybody else.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 08/19/14.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I kinda like Facebook but I don't become "friends" with people that I don't want as friends. Mostly distant family that I never see along with a few good, real friends.

And if I don't like what somebody says, they get the axe.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neither and never...

I keep in touch with people I choose to in a more personal manner.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FB for me. Its a social network. Doesnt mean your "friends" have to be your friends. 90% of my friends are acquaintenances. Some from the same line of work, others from hobbys, others I used to party with years ago, and family. The only people I delete are those who are out and out liberals.

We'ved helpes others in need, found each other jobs, and shared fond memories of hunts and family gatherings. All which brought us closer.

I "liked" most manufacturers of things i use recreationally and keep up on the newest gadgets and gizmos. Most of which are introduced on FB sometimes weeks before the general public gets a chance to buy.

Besides, FB is full of drama, and who cant get enough of that? I mean, thats why 99% visit the hunters campfire right laugh

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

I've heard that it's much easier to control contacts and that it is "safer" on Linkedin. Safer in terms of privacy settings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm on Facebook, it allows me to stay in touch with my daughter & grandkids on a daily basis, I'm on the west coast and they're on the east coast. So I can see what they are up to with weekly picture posts. I Keep in touch with old high school friends and flames wink
Also friends & second family in Wyoming&North Dakota.
I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know.
You can set your security settings to your liking, nothing is totally secure & can be hacked so keep conversation light. You can pick&choose who can see your pictures & posts on your wall.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Neither and never for me, also. Way too much identity theft, malware and other nasty crap on social media.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This. More and more jobs require a Linkedin profile to even apply.

Have a friend who does high level recruiting for a financial company, they use Linkedin a lot. It's a tool in the bag so to speak.

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

And I find FB to be pretty disingenuous. Everyone I know has "friends" who aren't their friends and who they really don't even like. I have a lot of coworkers and acquaintances but only a few people that I consider a "friend". If I got on FB I'd feel compelled to deny friend requests to people that are just acquaintances, which would just hurt feelings and I'd rather just avoid the drama.

If you're my friend, you know what's happening in my life and I in yours. For most folks FB is a reason to blab endlessly about themselves under the guise of keeping in touch with everybody else.

So, you're saying you wouldn't add Take a knee?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Every so often, I get an "invite" to join Linkedin. The thing that pizzes me off is that there's no way to decline - or at least no way that I can discover. If I just delete the invitation email, they send more of them. I can't even complain to them without joining, and that's the thing I'm trying to avoid in the first $%#*ing place.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Every so often, I get an "invite" to join Linkedin. The thing that pizzes me off is that there's no way to decline - or at least no way that I can discover. If I just delete the invitation email, they send more of them. I can't even complain to them without joining, and that's the thing I'm trying to avoid in the first $%#*ing place.

I think (I'm not sure) that when other people that have your e-mail in their list of contacts join Linkedin, it sends an automated invite to all those addresses. This is my theory because I get "invites" from people that would really like to see me dead.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Linkedin

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
This is my theory because I get "invites" from people that would really like to see me dead.

I suspect you're correct, but thats too big a pool of people to draw a proper conclusion..

Last edited by Pete E; 08/20/14.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
apples and oranges. facebook is for showing stupid pictures of your cat and linkedin is for lying about your past jobs.

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by teal

This. More and more jobs require a Linkedin profile to even apply.
Have a friend who does high level recruiting for a financial company, they use Linkedin a lot. It's a tool in the bag so to speak.

This. I stick to the professional forums and stay away from anything other than business related topics.
There are some juveniles on LinkedIn that would have it like Facebook, but most professional folks try to rein them in.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pete E

This!

Same here. FB is for sheeple.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,717
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.