Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Doesn't matter. He agreed with trh that a normal functioning heart cannot have pvc's, which, as many have stated, is absurd.

Were PVCs normal, they would be termed NVCs, you boob. smirk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Doesn't matter. He agreed with trh that a normal functioning heart cannot have pvc's, which, as many have stated, is absurd.

Were PVCs normal, they would be termed NVCs, you boob. Pc" smirk

And there, folks, is the argument of a subject matter expert.....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I'll bet he's Googling his little heart out trying to find the answers to the Lido & Bretyllium question.

No, nor am I googling down-draft carbeurators.
Well that one went right over my head; no idea what point you're trying to make.

They are all obselete.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hawk...love ya man; but you're wrong. PVC's have been found to be completely normal in most people. EVERYONE will experience PVC's at some point. Can be from something as innocuous as just drinking an extra cup of coffee in the morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are all obselete.
Got it...now that makes more sense. Still, the fact that you agreed with TRH that PVC's aren't normal shows you just don't know the A&P of the heart. I just can't see anyone who has passed ACLS who wouldn't know that.

And by the way, you got the first medication wrong. It was a bit of a trick question that only someone who has ACTUALLY taken ACLS would get.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Were PVCs normal, they would be termed NVCs, you boob. Pc" smirk

And there, folks, is the argument of a subject matter expert.....
It's simple reason, in which you seem to be lacking.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Hawk...love ya man; but you're wrong. PVC's have been found to be completely normal in most people. EVERYONE will experience PVC's at some point. Can be from something as innocuous as just drinking an extra cup of coffee in the morning.
Then they need to change the term to Normal Ventricular Contractions. smirk

Do you know the meaning of the word premature?

PS abnormal doesn't imply pathology. Lots of abnormal things occur in the body absent pathology. If, for example, you get a twitch, this is abnormal nerve function, but it's not ordinarily pathological.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok, I've not read the whole thread admittedly, but I'll respond on the basis of giving patients anesthesia for some thirty-four years and also from my own personal experience. Without getting into the nuts 'n bolts of the biochemical causes, PVCs or VPCs (as some like to call them) essentially fall into two categories-benign (mostly not serious) and malignant (serious).

In the first category are PVCs caused by a major stress (many instigators) and stimulants such as caffeine presumably without any CAD (coronary artery disease) or other heart pathology.

However, PVCs can also be caused by myocardial ischemia or CAD, the heart muscle complaining due to too little 02 secondary to small vessel disease in the heart. This is serious.

I am iconic for the first case. My youngest brother died at age twenty-seven in Katmandu, Nepal in '83 and it fell to me to get his remains back to this country for autopsy and burial (a logistical nightmare) all the while mourning his loss. My PVCs started then and have been a constant companion since. Bottom line in two Mayo Clinic work-ups--manage your stress; your heart is, "ok." Thanks; that was easy. In regard to stress induced arrhythmias which you "feel," being conscious of these irregular beats can cause anxiety, thus more stress, thus more irregular heart beats. It can feed itself.

The short answer here is if you are bothered enough to post here about them get to you doc or cardiologist and have the necessary tests done to better define the problem. The two initial tests are usually wearing a holster monitor for 24-48 hrs; this records the number of aberrant beats. The second would be a treadmill or other stress test of your heart.

SIAP or redundant.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
this friggen thread is giving me pvc's. time to pound some pbr's.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They are all obselete.
Got it...now that makes more sense. Still, the fact that you agreed with TRH that PVC's aren't normal shows you just don't know the A&P of the heart. I just can't see anyone who has passed ACLS who wouldn't know that.

And by the way, you got the first medication wrong. It was a bit of a trick question that only someone who has ACTUALLY taken ACLS would get.

So, are you saying that I'm lying that I've attended, and passed, numerous ACLS certs?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then they need to change the term to Normal Ventricular Contractions. smirk
Hawk you're not a medical professional, so you're taking literal meanings of words and extrapolating a whole lot of stuff that just isn't so. There are PVC�s that are normal and there are PVC�s that are abnormal. Some people have PVC�s of unknown etiology and they are completely harmless and thus normal. Some have them from the potassium imbalances you mentioned (low or high), some from toxicity to medications they�re taking. Lots of reasons. And while most are completely innocuous, there are some that are telling you something is wrong. You can get PVC�s from an infarction or cardiac ischemia, or even changes in intra-thoracic pressures.

Because the beat is pre-mature does not mean it�s an abnormal event.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are PVC�s that are normal and there are PVC�s that are abnormal.

It's been said that I used to cause ectopy in the hearts of many women.

I considered it normal....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Because the beat is pre-mature does not mean it�s an abnormal event.
Nonsense. You're confusing abnormal with pathological. A twitch, for example, is the result of abnormal nerve activity, but isn't ordinarily pathological.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Bottom line in two Mayo Clinic work-ups--manage your stress; your heart is, "ok." Thanks; that was easy. In regard to stress induced arrhythmias which you "feel," being conscious of these irregular beats can cause anxiety, thus more stress, thus more irregular heart beats. It can feed itself.

So, elevated cortisol can precipitate PVC's, so maybe they aren't "normal", but merely a symptom of the avg american's schidt for a diet? Anybody got any idea what can cause elevated cortisol? If not, you might wanna check out the fish oil thread. All this heads back to diet, just like TRH initially suggested.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hawk wouldn't know a malignant PVC from a ham sandwich.......

.........but he will damn sure keep googling and typing.......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hawk wouldn't know a malignant PVC from a ham sandwich.......

.........but he will damn sure keep googling and typing.......
I've yet to consult a search engine of any sort today, but I'll take the insinuation that I did as a complement.

PS Still waiting for your retraction/apology. Why don't you be a man and just do the right thing? You screwed up. Just admit it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PVC is good for water lines.

And my post count soars.

Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, are you saying that I'm lying that I've attended, and passed, numerous ACLS certs?
Well I can't prove you're lying, but you don't have a great track record. Post your ACLS cert and that will pretty much clear it all up right there (although you'd still be wrong).

And before you ask me to post my creds, I haven't been ACLS certified in 19 years...yet I still seem to know it better than you...you ought to be a bit embarrassed about that.

You very well could have attended and passed ACLS. The sad reality is. AHA has made ACLS nearly impossible to fail anymore. It's really RARE that someone fails ACLS because the AHA wants everyone to pass, which promotes ACLS becoming universal (follow the money).

Also, I've never heard you say you were a medical professional and ACLS is restricted to certain scopes of practice.

So given that ACLS isn't hard to pass, I guess someone could not pay attention enough to miss that. The sad reality is, most who are ACLS certified these days wouldn't really know what to do for a cardiac patient in extremis.

Given the details you missed and your lack of the A&P of the heart, it sounds like if you took ACLS, you're one of the one's they passed just to get you through.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
There are PVC�s that are normal and there are PVC�s that are abnormal.

It's been said that I used to cause ectopy in the hearts of many women.

I considered it normal....
You big stud. Me, I just made then wish they were dead:)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well I can't prove you're lying, but you don't have a great track record.

Damn you to Hell Kevin.

Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (160user, 257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 31 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,406
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.