Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Perp, stabbing K9 Unit, Shot and Killed by PoPo

Police said K-9 Sgt. Ryan Stark was the officer involved in a Sunday night pursuit that ended in a fatal shooting.

Kye, a 3-year-old German Shepherd who was involved in the pursuit, suffered multiple stab wounds Sunday night and underwent emergency surgery. He died about 3:30 p.m. Monday, police said.

The name of the man who stabbed Kye and led authorities on the pursuit, which ended in an officer-involved shooting, has not been released. Police said K-9 Sgt. Ryan Stark fatally shot the man.

What happened

About 8:45 p.m., police were called to a business burglary at 7233 S Air Depot Blvd. Officers saw a man drive away and pursued. Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers led the pursuit when the driver was speeding southbound on Interstate 35 in Norman, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.

Troopers used tactics to end the pursuit near the Goldsby exit on I-35, where the vehicle hit a ditch west of the highway, Nelson said.

Oklahoma City K9 officers and gang unit officers stayed back with troopers until the driver got out of the vehicle and started running south near the service road. A K9 officer, who later was identified as Stark, let the police dog chase the driver. The K9, later identified as Kye, apprehended the driver as he ran behind a business, police said.

Stark made his way to the man�s location to pull the dog off of the man, at which point he saw the driver had a knife and was stabbing the police dog, police said. Stark was in close proximity to the driver at the time, police said. Stark fatally shot the man, and the police dog was taken to a veterinarian for emergency surgery.

From a legal standpoint, a K9 is considered a tool that an officer uses, Nelson said. However, police officers view them as partners, he said.

A police officer could not shoot a person solely for attacking a K9 dog, but officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants, Nelson said.

Sunday�s shooting was the seventh officer-involved shooting this year, police said. Four of those shootings were fatal, police said.

[Linked Image]
Oklahoma City police K-9 Kye is shown in February
during a demonstration on training involved for police
dogs. Kye died Monday following a stabbing attack Sunday.
ARCHIVE PHOTO, CHRIS LANDSBERGER

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Now there's a GOOD shoot, but very sorry the dog was killed.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Good

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
trash cleaned up. to bad the dog died.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the police want to start playing the "kill my dog and I kill you" game.

Sad about the dog.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, it's fine for officers to shoot family pets without consequence, but K9 units are hands off. Good job! I hope this takes some of the heat off Officer Holtzclaw so they can get him clear of the sexual assault charges.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

LE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

Were you there? No! Are you a police officer? If not, you have no business saying anything negative about their actions no matter what they do. STFU!!

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, good idea for sure, pal.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sherp
Yep, it's fine for officers to shoot family pets without consequence, but K9 units are hands off. Good job! I hope this takes some of the heat off Officer Holtzclaw so they can get him clear of the sexual assault charges.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pal

Stab my dog & find out what happens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Id end up dead. No way id sit and let any dog nip and bite my ass. Good bye cruel world, but im taking that fookin dog with me!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I follow the philosophy of not doing anything to get a police dog sicced on me... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So long at the law applies the exact same standard to me if I should catch someone delivering serious bodily injury to my dog.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I follow the philosophy of not doing anything to get a police dog sicced on me... smile

Oh so do I. But I got bit when I was a kid. Dont get me wrong, im ok around dogs. But they get nasty I flip the fook out! Killed my buddies rottweiler when we were partying one night in my 20's. SOB started getting nippy and I told him to get it the fook away from me but he didnt. Friend or no friend, your fookin dog gets at me im gonna kill it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have shot him until I was empty. I know very few people I like as well as dogs.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

Perp should have been shot for running.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, this 8 year old knew the deal:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/nov/27/police-defend-k--in-attack-on--year-old/

If he had so much as laid a finger on that dog there isn't an officer in the country who wouldn't have shot his punk ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I'd have shot him until I was empty. I know very few people I like as well as dogs.

^^^This^^^

Sounds like the Perp got exactly what he deserved!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.