Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Notropis

Then what are the answers to my questions?

Duhhhh...no.

Do you not know or do you just not want to answer? The questions in no way are meant to put any LEO in a bad light. I just want to know what the legal status of a police dog is.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your question was "So the skumbag would be charged with murder and possibly be executed for killing a dog?".

My answer was " Duhhhh...no.". Sorry for the "duh". That was insensitive of me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Then what are the answers to my questions?

Duhhhh...no.

Do you not know or do you just not want to answer? The questions in no way are meant to put any LEO in a bad light. I just want to know what the legal status of a police dog is.

In MI killing a police dog is a 5 yr felony

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Having a funeral for a dog is bizarre.

He is considered the officer's partner. This is how much the k-9 dogs are valued. If people are going to go through a grieving process, the funeral or memorial service is a good way for them to have closure.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

Never have been LEO, but thanks for your service.

I"d have shot any SOB before they stabbed my dog if I knew it was headed that way.

I've owned dogs most of my life, and I'd have shot my dog before it bit somebody if I knew it was headed that way.

most rural places allow you to shoot a dog killing your chickens fer crissakes..

Big difference between your dog & the circumstances surrounding the shooting...read slow so you can comprehend...

What happened

About 8:45 p.m., police were called to a business burglary at 7233 S Air Depot Blvd. Officers saw a man drive away and pursued. Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers led the pursuit when the driver was speeding southbound on Interstate 35 in Norman, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.

Troopers used tactics to end the pursuit near the Goldsby exit on I-35, where the vehicle hit a ditch west of the highway, Nelson said.

Oklahoma City K9 officers and gang unit officers stayed back with troopers until the driver got out of the vehicle and started running south near the service road. A K9 officer, who later was identified as Stark, let the police dog chase the driver. The K9, later identified as Kye, apprehended the driver as he ran behind a business, police said.

Stark made his way to the man�s location to pull the dog off of the man, at which point he saw the driver had a knife and was stabbing the police dog, police said. Stark was in close proximity to the driver at the time, police said. Stark fatally shot the man, and the police dog was taken to a veterinarian for emergency surgery.

so you don't believe in Presumption of Innocence either. either...got it.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like about 5 years more than an officer will getting for killing a 7 year old human in Michigan, as it should be.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

He is considered the officer's partner. This is how much the k-9 dogs are valued.

A little too much value for a partner that cant arrest, write a ticket, or generally make their own decisions, besides schitting/pissing outdoors and generally eating junk that would make a human puke his guts out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pahick

He is considered the officer's partner. This is how much the k-9 dogs are valued.

A little too much value for a partner that cant arrest, write a ticket, or generally make their own decisions, besides schitting/pissing outdoors and generally eating junk that would make a human puke his guts out.

I just wanted to emphasize the importance of the actual funeral or memorial service in assisting people through the stages of grief. As a side note, I know there are people who "schit and piss outdoors" and eat junk food when they are already obese. ...even have eating contests which can turn your stomach.

The police officer is not worried about the k-9 dog arresting or writing tickets. Often times, the dog is a better deterrent than a gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll copy it again so you might comprehend. Might......

"About 8:45 p.m., police were called to a business burglary at 7233 S Air Depot Blvd. Officers saw a man drive away and pursued."

So this person deserves to be tore up by a trained attack dog?
A person leaving the area of a SUSPECTED burglary deserves to get attacked by a TRAINED ATTACK DOG while his owner wasn't in the area to control the situation?

If I'm walking/running/driving down the street & some fleabag makes the bad decision to attack me, you fawkin aye right I'm gonna kill that somebish. I don't care if there was a supposed crime in the area or not.

This [bleep] doesn't have the balls to handle the situation with one supposed suspect (that's still innocent) while probably carrying a gun, taser, baton, vest, hands-on training and who knows what else?

Anyone else see "Police State" written on the wall? Jebus crips guys.....

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why do you guys respond to this fool?

Fool? I am just trying to get a handle on what the legalities are. I have made no statement about whether I think the LEO was right or wrong. Are you so blinded by emotion one way or the other that you can not recognize an honest question about what the laws are regarding the topic?

And once again,...

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Why do you guys respond to this fool?

Fool? I am just trying to get a handle on what the legalities are. I have made no statement about whether I think the LEO was right or wrong. Are you so blinded by emotion one way or the other that you can not recognize an honest question about what the laws are regarding the topic?

And once again,...

[Linked Image]

Just say "no" to drama. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I just wanted to emphasize the importance of the actual funeral or memorial service in assisting people through the stages of grief. As a side note, I know there are people who "schit and piss outdoors" and eat junk food when they are already obese. ...even have eating contests which can turn your stomach.

The police officer is not worried about the k-9 dog arresting or writing tickets. Often times, the dog is a better deterrent than a gun.

Totally beside the point. Is a dogs life equal to, or in the case of a law enforcement animal, above the life of a human? Our police forces are full of PETA members? Theyre full of something, thats for sure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you're making hostile and life threatening moves on MY dog, in a manner with which I happen to take exception to, or dispute,...

YOUR life is worth less than amoeba and paramecium.

You need to get a handle on your dog fear, and look at this from a practical, and (pardon me all to hell for saying so) NORMAL angle.

WTF would anybody pay attention to YOUR propositions and extrapolations, ...given what you've already posted regarding dogs ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Totally beside the point. Is a dogs life equal to, or in the case of a law enforcement animal, above the life of a human? Our police forces are full of PETA members? Theyre full of something, thats for sure.

Being a PETA member is besides the point. I didn't read anywhere that this officer or any other officer was a member of PETA.
To have a memorial or funeral service for a k-9 dog is not saying it is more important than, or equal to a human. Although, I'm sure there are folks who would have more respect for their dog than some people. To grieve for an animal that served in this capacity is not in the same league with PETA members.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Guess you don't own any dogs

Last edited by gunchamp; 08/27/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I appreciate your posts & would like you to see this from a slightly different angle if you would.

Here's the situation....

A dog owner was under the assumption that you had wronged someone in some way. No killing, raping or kiddy diddling. Only thin circumstantial evidence of a REPORTED theft.

The owner sent their attack dog after you & it pursued you well beyond the area of the owner. You are being viciously attacked & there is no end in sight as the owner isn't in the area.

Please fill in the rest of the story from where I left off so we might be able to find common ground from these two opposing sides.

Honest request by me.
Thanks

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I appreciate your posts & would like you to see this from a slightly different angle if you would.

Here's the situation....

A dog owner was under the assumption that you had wronged someone in some way. No killing, raping or kiddy diddling. Only thin circumstantial evidence of a REPORTED theft.

The owner sent their attack dog after you & it pursued you well beyond the area of the owner. You are being viciously attacked & there is no end in sight as the owner isn't in the area.

Please fill in the rest of the story from where I left off so we might be able to find common ground from these two opposing sides.

Honest request by me.
Thanks

Well, iffn' it's me, you hear BANG. Maybe another BANG.

I am not a robber, and I don't GAS who's dog attacks me, I will stop it if I can. The mistake (in my case) will be that the dog handler wasn't handling the eff'n dog.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Here's the situation....

Honest request by me.
Thanks

I've been around and about on this site long enough for you to already KNOW what my answer to your HYPOTHETICAL (as in doesn't have a FARGIN" thing to do with the real meat of this post, or what's on the record regarding this PARTICULAR incident) "question".

You workin' on one of those online law degrees or something ?

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
If you're making hostile and life threatening moves on MY dog, in a manner with which I happen to take exception to, or dispute,...

YOUR life is worth less than amoeba and paramecium.

You need to get a handle on your dog fear, and look at this from a practical, and (pardon me all to hell for saying so) NORMAL angle.

WTF would anybody pay attention to YOUR propositions and extrapolations, ...given what you've already posted regarding dogs ?

GTC

You want normal and practical? A man is dead because he was stabbing a dog. The cop ran to him. The cop murdered the guy over a ffffuckin dog.

As for my "fear" of dogs, ill say it again. I have no problem being around dogs. But if you dont control YOUR dog, it dies. If YOU take exception to that, that threat will get dealt with too. Youre no different than me. From what ive read of your posts over the years, you either like to shoot your drunk mouth off or youd defend yourself from an attack no matter who it came from. Seema like you dont take no schit, so dont BS me that youll stand there and let a ffffuckinndog gnaw on you.

Last edited by pahick; 08/27/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Messages of sympathy pour in regarding Oklahoma City police dog's death

The Oklahoma City Police Department has received an outpouring of support in the wake of the death of Kye, the K-9 who was stabbed while helping with a police pursuit Sunday night. Services for Kye will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Southern Baptist Church, 6400 S Sooner Road.

BY DARLA SLIPKE, Staff Writer �
Modified: August 27, 2014 at 5:00 pm �
Published: August 27, 2014

[Linked Image]
photo - Oklahoma City police K-9 Kye is shown in February during a demonstration on training involved for
police dogs. Kye died Monday after a stabbing attack Sunday. Photo by Chris Landsberger, The Oklahoman Archives

People from all over the world have been touched by the death of Kye, an Oklahoma City police dog who died Monday as a result of injuries he suffered while being stabbed in the line of duty.

The Oklahoma City Police Department has received an outpouring of support in the wake of Kye�s death, officers said. People from other states and even other countries have offered their sympathies, and a post on the police department�s Facebook page announcing Kye�s death had reached more than 4 million people as of Wednesday afternoon, police said.

A woman from Belgium sent photos of Kye when he was a puppy, which the police department posted on Facebook. Another woman sent a photo of Kye posing with her young son.

�We greatly appreciate all of the support and well wishes from around the world in this time of loss,� Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson wrote in an email. �We apologize that we are simply unable to respond to everyone. Messages are being forwarded to the OCPD K-9 Unit.�

Kye, a 3-year-old German shepherd, died Monday after being stabbed multiple times Sunday night by a man who led authorities on a pursuit that ended near the Goldsby exit on Interstate 35, police said. The man, Mark Salazar, 22, of Blue Mound, Texas, was fatally shot by Kye�s handler, K-9 Sgt. Ryan Stark, police said.

Stark has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of standard criminal and administrative investigations by the police department.

Services for Kye will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Southern Baptist Church, 6400 S Sooner Road. The service is open to the public, and it will be conducted with full police honors.

Kye joined the Oklahoma City Police Department in July 2012, and hit the streets with Stark in October 2012, according to a tribute video posted on the police department�s Facebook page. He was responsible for 55 apprehensions, which included the recovery of 250 grams of methamphetamine, 17 grams of cocaine and 92 grams of marijuana, police said. He also helped to locate numerous missing persons. In addition to his patrol duties, Kye was a member of the Police Tactical Unit.

Nelson wrote in his email that the Oklahoma City Police Department cannot accept cash donations in response to Kye�s death. The department�s K-9 Unit is asking that people who would like to make donations do so to smaller police departments in the state that may be able to accept donations or to K-9 search and rescue, service animal or comfort dog organizations. People should check the legitimacy of any organization they choose to donate to, police said.

Anyone wishing to send flowers can send them to the First Southern Baptist Church, 6400 S Sooner Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135. Cards and other correspondence can be sent to police headquarters, 701 Colcord Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 204guy, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 1234, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,813
Posts18,516,549
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.