-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just caught this thread, and can only echo what George said ( NHK9) and add, like many others, that this is a case where disparity exists between what IS the law,and how I personally feel it should be handled.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As far as I am concerned, the idiot was killed for resisting arrest with a deadly weapon.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
As far as I am concerned, the idiot was killed for resisting arrest with a deadly weapon.

That's about the way I took it from the get go. Just as the article stated

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
... this is a case where disparity exists between what IS the law,and how I personally feel it should be handled.

Gee, didn't know you were Irish...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Mac84

Unfortunately the use of force sometimes escalates during the apprehension. Ferguson MO case in point.

Apparently you are correct, if the CITIZEN doesn't like getting mauled, he will be shot.

Nah, if he didn't want to be mauled he shouldn't have fled.

Not a problem, you seem to have no problem using your dog as a weapon to "maul" fellow citizens, so I would guess that you have no problem killing them as well if they object to the "mauling".

And you lot wonder why so many detest coppers.

You're pretty good at jumping to unfounded conclusions. Perhaps a sarcasm emoticon after my last post would've helped. You can act butt hurt all you want but the fact is I made nor inferred any of the bs you spouted

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The man lost any claim to "self defense" when he started fleeing...
I'm not sure I agree. What you're suggesting is a right to punish belonging to the cops. You can't be talking about justified dog siccing, since dog siccing is only justified in the law (as traditionally understood in the US) in self-defense or defense of innocent others, both of which require imminent serious threat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In this case you are extremely keen on defending his actions, as is MM.

How so?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You're pretty good at jumping to unfounded conclusions. Perhaps a sarcasm emoticon after my last post would've helped. You can act butt hurt all you want but the fact is I made nor inferred any of the bs you spouted

Probably...but it is an interesting conversation, and seems to have come down squarely along party lines.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

That's about the way I took it from the get go. Just as the article stated
laugh The dog wasn't trying to arrest him. The dog was tearing him up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't argue that Sir. The dog is a tool that needs to be used judiciously. Like I said before, not every potential scumbag is deserving of a bite.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

What happened

About 8:45 p.m., police were called to a business burglary at 7233 S Air Depot Blvd. Officers saw a man drive away and pursued.

Looks good.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers led the pursuit when the driver was speeding southbound on Interstate 35 in Norman, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.

Troopers used tactics to end the pursuit near the Goldsby exit on I-35, where the vehicle hit a ditch west of the highway, Nelson said.

Reckless, dangerous driving by the robbery suspect. Using "tactics" to force him off the road looks pretty good to me.

Oklahoma City K9 officers and gang unit officers stayed back with troopers until the driver got out of the vehicle and started running south near the service road.

Can't let this guy go. True, the officers don't have an arrest warrant and the guy hasn't been indicted by a grand jury, but he's exhibiting dangerous behavior and has committed criminal acts in full view of the pursuing officers; reckless driving and fleeing/attempting to elude.

A K9 officer, who later was identified as Stark, let the police dog chase the driver.

The story doesn't say, but I think it's reasonable to suppose that the officers have been screaming "stop!" ever since the suspect got out of his car. He didn't stop. The story doesn't say, but we might consider the possibility that he was running faster than any of the officers.

The K9, later identified as Kye, apprehended the driver as he ran behind a business, police said.

Stark made his way to the man�s location to pull the dog off of the man, at which point he saw the driver had a knife and was stabbing the police dog, police said. Stark was in close proximity to the driver at the time, police said.

The story doesn't say how long Stark was in close proximity to the suspect while the suspect was stabbing the dog. The story doesn't say how many times the suspect stabbed the dog while Stark was in close proximity. The story doesn't say what Stark was saying to the suspect between the time that Stark came into close proximity and the time Stark shot the suspect. I would like more information about this.

Stark fatally shot the man, and the police dog was taken to a veterinarian for emergency surgery.

Based on what we know - from the story - I'd be inclined to trust the officer's judgment in fatally shooting the suspect. Pending more information on the subject above.

From a legal standpoint, a K9 is considered a tool that an officer uses, Nelson said. However, police officers view them as partners, he said.

A police officer could not shoot a person solely for attacking a K9 dog, but officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants, Nelson said.

The suspect was in close proximity and - I'm speculating, here - may have been within 21 to 25 feet of the officer while the suspect was shanking the dog an unknown number of time and - again, I'm speculating, here - the officer is screaming something to the effect of "Put down the knife!" and the suspect didn't put down the knife. If subsequent information doesn't materially conflict with what we know from a news story posted on the internet, I'm inclined to think that the officer acted correctly.

TRH....exactly what do you disagree with?

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 08/28/14.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think I've been clear thus far. What part of what I've said is confusing you?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell

How so?

I stand corrected as I have reread your posts and you most definitely have not been defending his actions.

And I have got to say that asking a deceptively simple question like that is very rude...I actually had to go back and read your posts.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Read the post I quoted & be specific about what you disagree with...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Again, I've fully expressed my position on this situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

How so?

I stand corrected as I have reread your posts and you most definitely have not been defending his actions.

And I have got to say that asking a deceptively simple question like that is very rude...I actually had to go back and read your posts.

lol

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Criminitly, give him a summation counselor, unless your concerned about contradicting yourself.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

How so?

Let me clear up any misconception you may have on my thoughts about dogs...I have three. Those three are generally confined to my house & my back yard...If I found you or anybody else in either & you were actively stabbing or even attempting to stab them, you'd most likely end up dead. If I had invited you into either my back yard or house & one of them tried to bite you, I'd promptly kill it myself...

If I thought any of my dogs were of a mind to bite somebody if they somehow got loose & were running free in the neighborhood, I'd kill them...I have no compassion or use for either undisciplined or vicious dogs.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RWE
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye][quote=Middlefork_Miner]TRH....exactly what do you disagree with?

Criminitly, give him a summation counselor, unless your concerned about contradicting yourself.

TRH contradicting himself??? Shirley you jest...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Come on man...you spend a good part of your day here...
Is it really that inconvenient to answer the question?
Prolly only take 5 minutes or less.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 7 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,952
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.