Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The media is saying ISIS is selling millions of dollars of oil on the black market but who's buying it?

It sounds simple at first but then the next question is how are they transporting millions of barrels of crude oil?

The only feasible ways I can imagine is through pipelines or by ocean tankers. If it is transported by sea where's the port where tankers fill up?

And then ...

What entity or country has the resources to refine black market crude oil?

None of this adds up to me but then again I'm totally ignorant about black market crude oil in the ME.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You listen to the media and believe them?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fish head
The media is saying ISIS is selling millions of dollars of oil on the black market but who's buying it?

It sounds simple at first but then the next question is how are they transporting millions of barrels of crude oil?

The only feasible ways I can imagine is through pipelines or by ocean tankers. If it is transported by sea where's the port where tankers fill up?

And then ...

None of this adds up to me but then again I'm totally ignorant about black market crude oil in the ME.

I have always taken that to mean that the countries that fund them, simply take over the oil fields, and sell the oil.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
You listen to the media and believe them?

Always. They're experts.

Baa aaa aaa aaa.

I'm a good sheeple. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

And then ...

I have always taken that to mean that the countries that fund them, simply take over the oil fields, and sell the oil.

Travis

There's an issue with that.

The transfer of funds would require the use of banks. I watched a very good clip from a reporter who seemed to have knowledge of what's happening in Mosul. He commented that since the takeover of the banks and their hard assets (cash and gold) that this has collapsed the banking system. ISIS and the territory they control is a strictly cash economy.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If there is an efficient way of laundering money, I'm sure the countries that fund groups like ISIS are waaaaaay ahead of the curve.

I don't think defectors from Minneapolis high schools are selling 55 gallon drums of crude oil on the street corner like cartons of cigarettes.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

And then ...

Selling it to Turkey

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Selling it to everyone. You think China gives a damn about the assclown's sanctions?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Selling it to everyone. You think China gives a damn about the assclown's sanctions?

This, and they are paying in gold. Only the grossly ignorant believe that all banks would follow the "sanctions" imposed by our feckless leader.

A great deal of that oil does move by tanker. That could be stopped pretty damned quick by sinking a tanker or two at the terminal. Of course, then you have storage problems, which would lead to well shut downs, etc., which the oil companies don't want the expense and hassle of restarting the system, ad nauseum.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

This, and they are paying in gold. Only the grossly ignorant believe that all banks would follow the "sanctions" imposed by our feckless leader.

A great deal of that oil does move by tanker. That could be stopped pretty damned quick by sinking a tanker or two at the terminal. Of course, then you have storage problems, which would lead to well shut downs, etc., which the oil companies don't want the expense and hassle of restarting the system, ad nauseum.

Ed

That brings up some more questions ... and no offense.

If, and I say if, ISIS is in control of pumping stations and refineries who is operating them?

What control do the oil companies still have?

Has ISIS turned the employees into slave labor?

Again, none of this makes sense. I can't imagine that anyone would have remained at the facilities if they knew ISIS was approaching. I would have abandoned ship, got in a vehicle, and hauled azz to get as far away as I could.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Like everyone else, they sell to the highest bidder.

1Minute
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
No, just like the dam they took over. ISIS told the technicians they would continue to receive their checks as long as they kept the dam working and in good repair.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Reports are that the ISIS oil from northern Iraq and Syria is sold in Turkey for black market prices about half the current market rate or roughly $50 a barrel. Maybe $2 million a day.

From Turkey is where it reaches the world market.

The problem with ISIS , now called Islamic State, is that they want all the mid East oil just like Saddam Hussein. One oil field, one country at a time.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's another problem I have with the scenario that ISIS is selling black market oil in vast quantities.

It was only weeks ago (a little over a month) that ISIS captured the oil assets and just a few weeks later they're supposedly selling it on the black market.

How in just few weeks time could this realistically happen?

Who contacted who to make the arraignments?

I just can't imagine that it's that easy to phone the Chinese govt and especially the Turks and make a oil for gold deal.

I dunno. This whole thing seems far fetched and especially since there's been no conformation of any of it by any reputable source. A rumor was started and now it's become fact.

Maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If Steve_NO hadn't turned into a Democrat and stuck around he could tell us.grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No, just like the dam they took over. ISIS told the technicians they would continue to receive their checks as long as they kept the dam working and in good repair.

And keep their heads.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And then ...

They fill a tanker, take it to sea and then offload to another tanker that takes it to port. There was a story just yesterday of a Kurdish tanker that disappeared off satellite and it was suspected that it had turned off the satellite tracking for a rendezvous.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They are selling to the highest bidder.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Military degradation of this little scheme shouldn't be too tough.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

They fill a tanker, take it to sea and then offload to another tanker that takes it to port. There was a story just yesterday of a Kurdish tanker that disappeared off satellite and it was suspected that it had turned off the satellite tracking for a rendezvous.

We turned a Kurdish tanker away Thursday... it's a lot like dealing with stolen cattle and trees.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.