Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Funnier than phuqq,that you could "think" I was somehow "unfamiliar" with such things?!?

In fairness...HS do make a fair barrel and I've never failed one of their 1st Gen DBM's.................

I didn't think you were, I just wanted the method behind your madness. It took a little prodding but I got it. You just need to expound on your feelings from time to time.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The method is simplistic.

Shoot,shoot,shoot and shoot.

Roughly in that order.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
I also try to break it up with 4 shots quickly then I let the barrel cool a bit and fire the last 4.

You're gonna wear that barrel out prematurely due to excessive heat build up. I fire two shots and let my barrel cool no matter how large the group number is.

One six shot group I fired took six days: One shot every morning for six days. I know where that rifle is going to place its cold bore shot.
that is the main reason I like this barrel so much there is no difference between cold bore. It also shoots the same with a clean barrel, no fouler needed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals really get after it!

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Stick,
I am thinking The Fire needs a "Comedy" topic for you to rant on. You missed your calling. You crack me up! By any chance do you have the complete collection of all of the Moe, Larry, and Curley episodes of the Three Stooges? Just asking.
Also, what other topics are you as learned on as you are rifles, ammo, rifle components, optics, shooting technique, ballistics, hunting, bullet performance , etc.
Have you ever given any consideration to opening up a counciling business. With your "never at a loss for words" attribute you would be an instant success.
BTW a good way to "have to" replace a barrel (if a guy doesn't like it and just wants a good excuse to get rid of it) is to find a load about 2 grains over what's in anyone's manual and spend at afternoon at the range with said barrel and never let it get too cooled off. You can tell when this procedure is successful when you clean it and the bore brush feels like it's running over a bead blasted area about 4" in front of the chamber.
Screw her off and get another one.
Dave
Oh and I cannot wait for your response

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
10 rounds, casual pace, probably 5-6 minutes total.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Reckon I better get a new barrel in the pipeline...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I "clean" barrels with bullets. Hint.

Never have bought a barrel,not to use and could never shift my brain into a low enough gear...to get there.

Some of you are really "lucky".

Laughing!....................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I need to roll more video.

Clueless Whining Kchunts the World over...would come unhinged..................(grin)

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Shooting will burn up a good barrel.

How are you going to know if you have a good barrel if you don't shoot it? Barrels are consumable IMO just like welding rod. You can't become a good wrlder without burning some sticks.

No worries, all my rigs have a half inch guarantee. I'm sure its all good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote]

One six shot group I fired took six days: One shot every morning for six days. I know where that rifle is going to place its cold bore shot.

What's the point?

All conditions were absolutely identical each morning?

If the point of impact was 1/2" different, the rifle would be sold?

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Shooting will burn up a good barrel.

How are you going to know if you have a good barrel if you don't shoot it? Barrels are consumable IMO just like welding rod. You can't become a good wrlder without burning some sticks.

No worries, all my rigs have a half inch guarantee. I'm sure its all good.

All I can say is you haven't spent much time in a dog town. On an active day you'll be hard pressed to keep a barrel cool on multiple rifles.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My comment on 10 shots had nothing to do with ruining a barrel etc. The first 6 were going into the same hole, so why shoot 4 more? What were you trying to prove at 100 that the first 6 didn't?

It is boring enough shooting at 100 yards, without prolonging it.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
IDK if they were trying to prove anything other than letting the guy shoot. I just know they were at the local 100 yard range. They have to drive at least an hour to get to a range they can shoot to 700 on.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
[quote=Ringman]

What's the point?

So you can go on the internet and write stuff like "I know where that rifle is going to place its cold bore shot."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
taylorce, it was all tongue in cheek. I've shot a 10+ shot group or two.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
taylorce, it was all tongue in cheek. I've shot a 10+ shot group or two.

Sorry, I don't hang in this forum much. Its a little too passionate for my tastes usually.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What's the point?

So you can go on the internet and write stuff like "I know where that rifle is going to place its cold bore shot."

Thanks for clarifying that for him.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You're welcome. It was the least I could do for him.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon it's plum comforting,that zero ain't lost from the kitchen,to the living room.

Laughing!........................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't stop guys I'm (eyes rolling) learning so much!

p.s.
More pictures please, after I get tired of reading I like to scroll through the pictures.

I'm not trying to leave good barrels on rifles for those who will either inherit or purchase them on my death.

Like my organs when I die, I hope they are all worn out! laugh

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.