-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mississippi or Texas would be a tough call...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laughing!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stay out Wyoming at all costs, you will not be happy here. Winters are long and cold, they start about the 20th of August and last until around the 1st of June. Summer is usually the 7th of July and maybe the morning of the 8th. The wind blows incessantly, 24-7, a calm day is when you can keep your hat on your head without a chin strap. There are no cultural events like cello recitals, gay poetry readings or book signings by liberal activist movie stars. This is due to the fact the natives HAVE no culture, they are all a bunch of beer swilling, tobacco spitting, gun toting ignorant rednecks to whom getting dressed to go out to dinner means a clean pair of jeans and a shirt that's been ironed , and never mind the cow manure on the boots. We have been "discovered" by Californians, refugees from Seattle and Portland, along with a whole herd of citified folks from Back East. This has driven real estate prices out of sight, I just last week saw a 1/4 acre lot with an outhouse and a wall tent go for $350,000. Fishing and hunting truely suck, you cant wet a line or walk in the woods without getting run over by a 4-wheeler with a Colorado license plate. Plus, there�s a real good chance you will perish in the volcanic explosion of the Yellowstone caldera.
No, better you should go to Montana, I hear it's real nice up there.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alaska I'm going back after I'm done with this Army gig!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roscoe, Montana. I love the Grizzly Bar. Plus, I'd be close enough to lots of chit to hunt.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't want to move any further west than I am right now.

Harry
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Lakeview, Oregon.

Friends and ThunderRanch are there. Along with ranchers and farmers, and neighborly folk, decent hunting, low crime, low property values, and NO LIBERALS.

BMT

+1
and im thinking of going back down since im single now.best hunting and fishin in my opinion, but lets keep it to ourselves.

Last edited by sandpit; 09/02/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
About 50 miles upstream from Lewiston along the Clearwater River. Fishing, hunting, climate, and not growing like here.

Horse Hocky ^^^^^

Terrible place to live. No jobs, high property taxes (mine are almost 600.00 annually), fishing sucks, Wolves ate all the big game, and there's a liberal behind every bush.
I wouldn't even recommend driving down hwy 12 let alone living here.

OR, MT, WY,,,,, all good but stay out of ID.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have been looking around for the last 4 years. So far Cody, Wy. and Salmon Id. lead the list. This spring we will drive up and explore the area around Libby, Mt. I would prefer an area w/ wolves and G bears just for the atmosphere and I do like wolf hunting which so far hasn't resulted in 1 tough packout.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
After reading FG's post I better avoid that area when I go to Stanley just 3 weeks from today. Thanks for the warning FG.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Moving from Arkansas to Nevada, all I can say is Nevada is not a place I'd recommend. The cops here will pull you over for the slightest little thing, and the state bureaucracy is only "good" if you're from California. If you're from a real "free state" it sucks. I'm here for family, but I DON'T like northern Nevada.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
After reading FG's post I better avoid that area when I go to Stanley just 3 weeks from today. Thanks for the warning FG.

mike r

You're welcome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 700LH
About 50 miles upstream from Lewiston along the Clearwater River. Fishing, hunting, climate, and not growing like here.

Horse Hocky ^^^^^

Terrible place to live. No jobs, high property taxes (mine are almost 600.00 annually), fishing sucks, Wolves ate all the big game, and there's a liberal behind every bush.
I wouldn't even recommend driving down hwy 12 let alone living here.

OR, MT, WY,,,,, all good but stay out of ID.

Great Post.
You are to be commended for looking out for the members here.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Montana sux though. You wouldn't want to move here. Its bitter cold ALL the time, theres a sheep molesting one toothed cowboy behind every sage, and the wolves and grizzlies will eat you, cause they have nothing left, they've already eaten all the game.
Oh, and we ARE ranked 13th in the nation for taxation�.And thats not on the good side of the scale.

Last edited by ingwe; 09/02/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yea...I hate Idaho...so no comment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Moving from Arkansas to Nevada, all I can say is Nevada is not a place I'd recommend. The cops here will pull you over for the slightest little thing, and the state bureaucracy is only "good" if you're from California. If you're from a real "free state" it sucks. I'm here for family, but I DON'T like northern Nevada.

True that ^ but believe me when I say it wasn't always that way.

I'm a proud native of northern NV but the steady exodus from CA to NV slowly eroded the politics and lifestyle in my beloved high desert until I finally decided to move to ID when I retired ten yrs ago.
"Sadly", I'm watching the same thing happen to Lewiston right now.
"Fortunately", it hasn't spread upriver to Clearwater County so far. In today's society, limited cell phone coverage can be a real blessing. smile

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
no where....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
Here in Oregon, that would be Hood River...

If not in Oregon, Wyoming...in the spring summer and fall...

Key West FL in the winter...

Well in Wyoming, that is only about 4 weeks a year

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It would not be on Colorado's front range. I'm retired so I could live anywhere I want. But our children and grand-children live in Colorado Springs, so my wife won't leave.

I love elk hunting, so I would like to remain in Colorado, but somewhere (anywhere) on the western slope would be better than the crowded suburbanized front range.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I'll take western North Carolina or western Pennsylvania.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

386 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.