Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey, there's nothing wrong with the 54's grin cool

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Right John. whistle. One of these days you need to get yourself a pre 64, so you can see what a real rifle is.. wink

[bleep] just to watch rust in alaska no thanks you lower 48 boys just don't know. Stainless all day... I'm not ready to watch a grown man cry from Oregon when his beloved model 70 is a pile of rust

That would suck!!! Hey J, how do the classic stainless rifles hold up in AK? I'm hanging on to my stainless 7mm rem mag just for chitty weather hunting. That rifle is a damn tack driver too.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Right John. whistle. One of these days you need to get yourself a pre 64, so you can see what a real rifle is.. wink

[bleep] just to watch rust in alaska no thanks you lower 48 boys just don't know. Stainless all day... I'm not ready to watch a grown man cry from Oregon when his beloved model 70 is a pile of rust

That would suck!!! Hey J, how do the classic stainless rifles hold up in AK? I'm hanging on to my stainless 7mm rem mag just for chitty weather hunting. That rifle is a damn tack driver too.

I can leave my stainless model 70 in a gun boot overnight in the rain and be gtg now daughters rifle I have to remember to bring it in at night cause it's blued vanguard. My plan is to give her the stainless model 70 in the 270wsm. I forgot it one night my daughter gun uh oh bad move but got it cleaned up. Blued model 70 will be fine you just have to remember bring it in at night that's all. I just can't bring myself to buy a nice pre 64 and screw it up cause I forgot it in gunboot overnight.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Very nice work BSA! Matter of fact I hope mine comes out 1/2 as nice as yours did.

This is the one that'll get fitted to the 338 shortly.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Semper Fi
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Geeze, I love these threads ,great thread BSA , Beretz, I sure like the Camo pattern too! BSA I thought you were putting a 4.5X14 on that gun? My favorite scope is a 4.5 X 14 , 40 AO with Leupolds varmint reticule. very best WinPoor

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thank you WP. Appreciate it. It's going on my most prized rifle and my main battle rifle, my M70 Alaskan. The wood stock is pretty well cracked up, so a McMillan is taking it's place. While not as nice as the wood stock, it'll take the beating elk hunting seems to dish out to my long guns.

I did keep the red pad though.. grin

Semper Fi
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Red pad looks good, I understand making setting them up for hunting, that is what these old gals were built to do! The syn. stock goes a long way.. very best and let us see the gun when you get done WinPoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Scotty. I like your stock. Remember to use plenty of release agent. I mean a nice thin coat on everything that's not getting glued down. If you noticed, I use the johnsons paste wax on the outside of the stock so epoxy doesn't stick to it. However, if you do this, don't put any in the checkering. It's a biotch to get out of there!! That's a trick my smith told me about and it's much easier than messing with masking tape. Tape the barrel for your freefloat clearance. If I remember correctly, your rifle likes to be freefloated with the forend screw out. Good luck with it my friend.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Geeze, I love these threads ,great thread BSA , Beretz, I sure like the Camo pattern too! BSA I thought you were putting a 4.5X14 on that gun? My favorite scope is a 4.5 X 14 , 40 AO with Leupolds varmint reticule. very best WinPoor

Thanks winpoor. I'll have to try one of those Leupold 4.5-14x40 w/ao scopes. I've eyeballed them a few times. I've had excellent luck with the Burris FFII 3-9x40 scopes and have gotten used to using them in the field. I'm kind of disappointed that this 4.5-14 doesn't track for chit. It's a new scope that I've had for about a year now, but it just didn't get used. I'll pull this thing and maybe put a good FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle on it and take a good look at the Leupold 4.5-14x40 W/AO next weekend when I go to Cabela's...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My rifle lost 1/4 pound today grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I wonder how Mr. beretz is doing on his stock?

BSA MAGA
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
[quote=pre6422hornet]Looking great BSA! Awesome Job! A+++++

Can't wait to get this move to New Mexico done so I can set up my shop again.

A guy needs a shop for sure. I look forward to seeing your rifle when it is done. If it turns out like your last one, it will be top notch. Thanks for the comments.. [/quote

Yep. We are in the process of moving from Kansas City to New Mexico so all my projects are on the back burner until we get moved. Moving 50+ firearms 14 hours is not an easy thing to do. Good thing I have done it now 3 times so I have a good packing system smile

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Scotty the Micky looks good. I like the red pad. Can't wait to see the Marine Tex treatment.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nothing yet. Had to replace my clutch in my pickup this weekend. I've got power bedding studs and Marine Tex on order. I should get my stuff by next weekend and hopefully get the stock bedded. Can't wait.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks real sharp, BSA!!

Scotty, I like the red pad on your stock. NICE and classy!!

Eric

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
nice work!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pre6422hornet
Scotty the Micky looks good. I like the red pad. Can't wait to see the Marine Tex treatment.

+1!!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EricM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks real sharp, BSA!!

Scotty, I like the red pad on your stock. NICE and classy!!

Eric

Thanks Eric. I'm waiting on my Marine Tex from Brownells so I'm hoping it how's up by the weekend. I'm heading back to Camp Lejeune tomorrow so I'll be back to Va on Friday. Should be able to get it bedded up Friday or Saturday. Very excited to see how it looks when it's all done.

BSA has given me some great ideas too. Can't wait to implement them.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Safe travels, Scotty. Please post a pic once it's all done. I'd love to see it!

Eric

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Very nice work BSA! Matter of fact I hope mine comes out 1/2 as nice as yours did.

This is the one that'll get fitted to the 338 shortly.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scotty, I like that stock much better than the plain grey one your buddy lent you to try on your 338. Keep us posted on how your bedding job turns out and remember if you need any help, pm me. I'm pretty easy to reach grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ismith
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by ismith
I suppose I could post a link to the auction. I'll get some better pictures when it shows up.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=438486078#PIC

Might just be the pics but, it doesn't look like the stock is original to that gun. Appears to have the newer, smaller checkering pattern....

Hopefully its just the bad pics, if not I will bed the hell out of it!

Received my 375 H&H today and It looks like I wont be bedding her. I'm confident after taking her apart that she hasn't been apart since she was assembled. I'd conservatively call her a 95% rifle, and the stock isn't cracked anywhere either!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.