-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I put this query in hunting optics, but over a four day period only one reply so thought I would see here if anyone is using these, and what your impressions have been so far. I have a new pair coming to me under Bushnell Warranty service as the old Fusion 1600's quit working, twice, Same problem both times.

Thanks in advance for the input, opinions, thoughts, observations and reports!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a guy show up with a pair last season and I wasn't impressed. IMO You'd be better off with a good, quality pair of binoculars and a seperate rangefinder

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have heard of multiple accounts of them breaking so maybe there is a problem with them in general.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kind of what I am thinking, but hoping against hope that the newer generation and version has some of these bugs worked out.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
Kind of what I am thinking, but hoping against hope that the newer generation and version has some of these bugs worked out.

It looks like they sell for between $999 and $1299 new. If they are sending you a brand new pair I would sell those and then look at the meopta meostars and a separate rangefinder. To me the most important thing I carry are my binoculars and the novelty of having a good rangefinder in an average set of optics just doesn't work. I would prefer to have an average rangefinder and an excellent pair of binoculars. Just my .02

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
For a mere $3450 (plus s&h) you can get a pair of Steiners...... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora

It looks like they sell for between $999 and $1299 new. If they are sending you a brand new pair I would sell those and then look at the meopta meostars and a separate rangefinder. To me the most important thing I carry are my binoculars and the novelty of having a good rangefinder in an average set of optics just doesn't work. I would prefer to have an average rangefinder and an excellent pair of binoculars. Just my .02

That advice has been proffered before, and rejected.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I couldn't agree more. Excellent advice IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like my 10x42 One Mile's a lot for what I use them for, but they don't have grade A glass.

For varmint hunting, shooting comps, and less bino intensive hunting I really like using one unit and I like how potent the rangefinder is. Mine have worked flawlessly.

For my mule deer hunting where I can spend hours looking through bino's, I bring my Ultravids and a CRF.

Empirical results rule!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there a second generation? Anyway I had the first Fusions to come out, a 10x42 I believe. The LRF was quite good; as good it seemed to distance as my Leica Geovids (15x56).

But the glass! Though mine didn't break, it was the glass I couldn't abide. It had fairly good resolution but a heavy blue-green tint to it for my eyes (but my eyes have had the back of others too). Because of that, I didn't have them long enough to use them a lot under hunting conditions.

So, IMO, depending on your optics obsessive compulsiveness, and your budget, they are just fine! Or you get the Leica-Swarovski-Zeiss "fusion" which IMO is the way to go in either an "8" or "10" power. Or, simply, a good glass and separate LRF.

If the glass has been improved, well,..

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 09/19/14.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
George,

The One Miles don't have the blue-green tint that the 1600's displayed. They are indeed a second generation. They're a long ways from my Leica's optically still!

Empirical results rule!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
George,

The One Miles don't have the blue-green tint that the 1600's displayed. They are indeed a second generation. They're a long ways from my Leica's optically still!

My brand new 1 Mile Fusions just came, and as you have stated they do not have the blue/green tint to them like my 1600's did, either.

In casual "testing" here in my neihborhood, the glass seems to be pretty good, I plan to take them with me to our deer hunting area on Tuesday and give them some field use where I actually hunt.

Jury is still out as to whether I keep them or sell them. Keep is in the lead because I do not have the bucks to upgrade, and when a big game animal is on the move, there is often (IME) not time enough to use a binoc and then grab and use the rangefinder. Where others hunt this may not be the case, but there is enough hunting pressure on deer out here that oft times when I have seen a good buck he is already 350 or more yards out and trotting AWAY. Getting the range RIGHT NOW and getting a shot can men a shot within my makeable range vs not or too far for me to feel comfortable with a try.

Sitting and watching for a bear where I hunt, you only have Mr. Bear (who will also be moving at a good clip, just because that is what bears DO when travelling form one foood source to another) in a small opening through the trees and shrubs for a very brief time so getting a good look and getting a range on him has to also be done very quickly.

I have NO doubt that having a binoc/LRF combo has made the difference for me on a couple of animal's I have killed in recent years. Others hunting areas or style may not be so time critical, and two sets of optics might work just fine.

More testing of this unit and reports, is needed. Thank you for the reports given so far! MARK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My BIL had not one, but TWO (Fusion 1 Mile). I fondled and used them on my ranch to form a first hand opinion. I stand by my earlier statement in the Optics portion of the Forum that they're indeed a sheit sandwich.

Yellow tinted glass, and laser wasn't accurate (compared against both my Leica HD-B and Zeiss PRF). Build QC was sheit.

My BIL took the first one back to Cabela's (where purchased) and got the second one. Same issues with the second Bushnell. In addition, interesting enough, the glue Jim speaks of was evident in my BIL's second unit. Not only was there "oozed glue", but the diopter didn't work.

He learned his lesson and is now sporting a Zeiss 8x26 PRF

Take another bite Mark! wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
George,

Thanks. I apologize for posting non-pertinent information then.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not binoculars but check Newcon-Optik LRM 2200si range finder. 7X monocular

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

when a big game animal is on the move, there is often (IME) not time enough to use a binoc and then grab and use the rangefinder. Where others hunt this may not be the case, but there is enough hunting pressure on deer out here that oft times when I have seen a good buck he is already 350 or more yards out and trotting AWAY. Getting the range RIGHT NOW and getting a shot can men a shot within my makeable range vs not or too far for me to feel comfortable with a try.

Sitting and watching for a bear where I hunt, you only have Mr. Bear (who will also be moving at a good clip, just because that is what bears DO when travelling form one foood source to another) in a small opening through the trees and shrubs for a very brief time so getting a good look and getting a range on him has to also be done very quickly.
MARK
I see you're still talking about taking long shots at moving game. I guess shooting that bear in the azz didn't cure you. For a Christian, you don't have a lot of respect for God's creatures. Of course, from your business dealings, you don't have a lot of respect for people, either.

Last edited by UPhiker; 09/27/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.