Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone got an easy way to store straps in a toolbox? Tired of grabbing one and pulling a cluster out. Worse than a box of bream hooks.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Roll 'em into a quick ball(each) before you throw 'em in the toolbox.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BigDave39355;
Good evening to you sir, I hope this finds you well.

We've got a fair number of 1" and larger webbing ratchet straps at work in our various vehicles.

Mostly we roll them up - after removing any knots tied into them by the drivers........ frown

The smaller ones would be good candidates to put a heavy elastic band around too if that's an option.

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there this evening.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Roll up and put in Ziploc bags...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take them apart. Roll them up like tp around the hook then wrap a bungee ball around it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Roll up and put in Ziploc bags...

MojoHand;
Good evening to you sir, I hope you're doing acceptably well this warm Saturday evening.

My eldest daughter and I do that with our tow straps in our 4x4's and I'm sure your idea would translate well to ratchet straps with smaller bags...... good idea sir! cool

Thanks for the idea and all the best to you this fall.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only takes a minute to roll them up neatly then.......
Use rubber band or...
Velcro strap or...
Stuff in old sock or...
Masking tape

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Bungees with the balls on the ends work good, or a bit of duct tape or masking tape will hold them neatly if the bungee is not handy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I usually wrap them around the ratchet and leave the tail about 18"-22" longer and wrap that crossways around the whole shebang. They will usually stay wrapped pretty good unless they are in a box and you are digging around in it. The big ones leave them open so they are longer and wrap the same way.(Less bulk)

Last edited by packrat77; 09/13/14.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Anyone got an easy way to store straps in a toolbox? Tired of grabbing one and pulling a cluster out. (WORSE THAN A BOX OF BREAM HOOKS.)

I will have to remember that analogy. Mississippi folk like bream fishing better than folks from tennessee, except for me. I tie bluegill flies and jigs, I tied some yesterday. A mustad 3366A large eye hook is 10 times worse than regular hoooks.

Sorry got sidetracked,, I put my ratchet straps in a small bag. For the ones I use for hauling the dirtbikes I put them in a 5 gallon bucket and hang the hooks on the rim of the bucket. I use 12 in all to haul 4 bikes. The bucket works great, I just keep 2 in the small bag and that stays in my truck.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burn the snarled mess and buy new. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll look for some of the bungees with balls on them, that may be the ticket.

And yes, love some bream fishing, nothing like getting on a bed of shellcrackers.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
roll of electrical tape
zip ties
masking tape
rubber bands
old socks

Any questions?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
BC30 cal................

Sir, how do you manage to be such a gentleman on this forum?
So many of the members here could learn a lot about decency with their posts by taking a lesson from you!
Thank you for your consistent decency and respect that you show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ingrng;
Thank you for the kind words sir, I do honestly appreciate them and will do my best in future posts to deserve them.

Honestly there are many times in life - especially dealing with family - that I've wished for an "edit" button or to be able to hit an imaginary backspace bar.

In the flesh I'm very, very human to be sure and struggle with my humanity mightily some days.

Thanks for the kind words though sir and encouragement - again I appreciate it.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Exactly the response that I expected from you.....................as always, you definitely show politeness and respect..........something that is lacking so much these days with the internet......It is far too easy to snip and snipe at one another in ways that would get a person beat half to death if done in person. You sir are a class act!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
being in the IT field, we use a lot of velcro straps. i use the kind that have a slit in them to allow the strap to be looped. i loop it and attach it to the ratchet so its there all the time. them i roll them up and wrap the velcro strap around it and its a nice little ball.

that said, i usually find my straps in a tangled mess because my boys don't spend the time to do what i have shown them how to do 100 times. funny how that works.

My diploma is a DD214
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by lngrng
Exactly the response that I expected from you.....................as always, you definitely show politeness and respect..........something that is lacking so much these days with the internet......It is far too easy to snip and snipe at one another in ways that would get a person beat half to death if done in person. You sir are a class act!

Truer words never spoken. I'm a big fan of Dwayne.

For a handful of years I did moving on the side, and as such, had dozens of straps to use on jobs. All went into their own 'strap bag', individually wrapped around the ratchet, and heavy-duty rubber banded. On jobs, after coming off furniture/whatever, they were hung on hooks inside the truck. No one hates dicking around with tangled messes of straps more than me, especially when time mattered, so I made sure they were always properly stored in between use.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Roll them up and stack in an old milk crate.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roll em up, store in 30 cal ammo box.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (16penny, 41rem, 35, afisher, Anaconda, 12 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,103
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.