Hop To
#9179972 09/15/14
H
hdskip Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I've acquired a lefty Zastava action. I now need a stock for this project. Or info on where one could be found.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Gary

GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
The regular length action, or the mini-mauser? And can you deal with a semi-inlet stock, or does it need to be a finished stock?

H
hdskip Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Regular length, doesn't have to be finished. Thanks for the reply.

You're only limited by your imagination!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Check out Richard's Micro-Fit Stocks http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

Some people seem to dislike them, but it appears those people are folks who didn't realize that these stocks are not drop in fits.

If you prefer synthetic over wood, McMillan also makes a stock for Mausers available in a LH configuration. McMillian Mauser Interarms Mark X

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I have a walnut stock that was pantographed at the same time as the maple one shown below.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even though it is a mannlicher, you could cut it off to make a half length stock. But it would be a thin forend. Or you could keep it as a mannlicher, but you would need to cut off the barrel to 50cm (just under 20"). It is a semi-inlet that will require some skill, but I like the way mine turned out.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The problems with Richard's are more on the order of drilling cock-eyed action screw holes requiring major modification and nonexistent customer service than just not being drop-ins. I really am surprised they are still in business.

If finding a lefty stock is difficult, I would look to an outfit like Boyd's and just ask they leave off the inletting for RH. As long as the action will bolt in straight, the LH vs RH cuts are easy to do.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
H
hdskip Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Could you send me a picture of the stock. I hadn't considered a full length because of unlikely finding one. That would work really well with the barrel I have on hand. Also price and payment requirements. Thanks
Gary Cline
garyg-clinehotmail.com or 540-294-7092. I'm in Virginia

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
The problems with Richard's are more on the order of drilling cock-eyed action screw holes requiring major modification and nonexistent customer service than just not being drop-ins. I really am surprised they are still in business.

If finding a lefty stock is difficult, I would look to an outfit like Boyd's and just ask they leave off the inletting for RH. As long as the action will bolt in straight, the LH vs RH cuts are easy to do.

Right on both points. The one Richards I have handled was inletted off centre by a noticeable amount requiring major surgery.

Boyd's make a left hand stock for the Mauser but don't inlet it for a left hand action. I have requested a left hand inlet - suggest everyone else do the same please!

H
hdskip Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
ttt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,662
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.