K
When did Idaho legalize pot smoking?

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There must be a bunch of Birkenstock stores and Subaru dealers in Ketchum.

I'm betting they vote to remove the 'H' before long.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope it works out for them. laugh

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ketchum IS Sun Valley. Swartzenager and many other Hollywood types have vacation homes there. There are LOTS of hippy types living there. At least temporarily. It's a lot like Jackson Hole WY. 20somethings come to stay for a couple of years, warp the politics, and then leave, only to be replaced by a new crop of idealistic 20 somethings.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
All true Idahoan would like to run that bunch out of the state. CA can have them back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are people and my cousin is one of them that think wolves are just big friendly dogs and no amount of reason will work.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Ketchum IS Sun Valley. Swartzenager and many other Hollywood types have vacation homes there. There are LOTS of hippy types living there. At least temporarily. It's a lot like Jackson Hole WY. 20somethings come to stay for a couple of years, warp the politics, and then leave, only to be replaced by a new crop of idealistic 20 somethings.

Pretty much true for all ski towns, our local nuthole one is Whitefish.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Pretty much true for all ski towns, our local nuthole one is Whitefish.

Whitefish is bad, but it ain't near as bad as the Sun Valleys, Aspens and Jackson Holes of the world....Red neck factor still hanging on.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'll be passing through Ketchum enroute to Stanley next wednesday. On my way to hunt wolves. I have to drive real fast because my wife starts to twitch, those shops cause her to go into a feeding frenzy. Even w/ the hippies and liberal scumbags in Ketchum, Idaho still rocks and has wolves.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They move out of the chitholes that their thinking created, but they bring their thinking with them.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is a HUGE amount of BS with all that city council action. All of it completely meaningless.

Ketchum became the first Idaho municipality to separate itself from state policies on wolf management Monday night following a unanimous vote by the City Council to advocate nonlethal deterrents to wolf predation on livestock.

Firstoff, it's a municipality.

How many wolves reside in the city limits?

They are advocating "nonlethal deterrents to wolf predation on livestock." ....

Really? How much livestock do they have there in the city limits? Are they going to pay for the "nonlethal deterrent" for the surrounding area? Are they going to pay for the livestock when it doesn't work?

Their vote is nothing but a smoke and light show, that does nothing but give them a chance a press release that shows the emotions of the city council and describes just how worthless the resolution is in the first place. They have NO jurisdiction.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bet there are a lot of states that would be happy to send them theirs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Exactly. In my opinion, a tremendous number of those people in Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, (Blaine County) are as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Extreme left liberals who in reality, don't know the difference between "Come here and sic 'em."

Self righteous, meddling busybodies who can't stand not to be pushing their far left ideas hoping to force everyone else to bow down to them and do exactly as they dictate.

Sexual intercourse 'em, I say. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I drew a mountain goat tag near there and stopped for gas and supplies. I couldn't believe the wealth and scumbags there.

Went down to Haily , ID, couldn't believe the amount of gulf stream jets coming and going from the small airport there...global warming hypocrites endlessly taking off and landing all day long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Exactly. In my opinion, a tremendous number of those people in Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, (Blaine County) are as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Extreme left liberals who in reality, don't know the difference between "Come here and sic 'em."

Self righteous, meddling busybodies who can't stand not to be pushing their far left ideas hoping to force everyone else to bow down to them and do exactly as they dictate.

Just tell 'em to play "drop the soap" in the bath tub. Old-time Navy swabbies can explain what that refers to.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There is a HUGE amount of BS with all that city council action. All of it completely meaningless.

Ketchum became the first Idaho municipality to separate itself from state policies on wolf management Monday night following a unanimous vote by the City Council to advocate nonlethal deterrents to wolf predation on livestock.

Firstoff, it's a municipality.

How many wolves reside in the city limits?

They are advocating "nonlethal deterrents to wolf predation on livestock." ....

Really? How much livestock do they have there in the city limits? Are they going to pay for the "nonlethal deterrent" for the surrounding area? Are they going to pay for the livestock when it doesn't work?

Their vote is nothing but a smoke and light show, that does nothing but give them a chance a press release that shows the emotions of the city council and describes just how worthless the resolution is in the first place. They have NO jurisdiction.

Exactly so.

Check the state of origin for most of those that supported the resolution. I suspect that ID ain't gonna be the majority local...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

L.W.

You would know better than me, but I have very fond memories of visiting Ketchum, Hailey and Sun Valley. Loved the life there. Idaho is great country, which maybe explains why the celebrities and the hippies flock there.

Yes, I've heard that the high net worth folks have moved in, but to some extent that was always the case �� as has also been true of many other desirable and scenic towns in ID, WY, UT and CO.

As for wolves, let's check in a year and see how it is working out for them. I'll bet they do not like it quite so much. If I were to move there, I'd volunteer to help thin the pack. grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly. In my opinion, a tremendous number of those people in McCall, Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, (Blaine County) are as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Extreme left liberals who in reality, don't know the difference between "Come here and sic 'em."

L.W.

You missed one.

Not in Blain County but it might as well be.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ketchum is smack dab in the center of some of the best elk and deer hunting around. I've taken lots of both within 25 miles of there over the years. The town of Hailey, 10 miles down the road, is equally liberal and several years ago were wolf advocates. Then a few dogs got eaten and it all changed. The IDFG held a public forum in Hailey and the people were betting them to move the wolves elsewhere. Maybe they moved them 10 miles north to Ketchum.

This county is also home to one of the radical anti-everything groups - Western Watersheds Project. Their big goal is to end all public land grazing along with promoting about every other anti project that comes down the road. They command a pile of Sun Valley money and file suit after suit in the courts.

There isn't a chance in hell of them getting wolf hunting stopped there. The IDFG looks at them as a pack of fruitcakes and goes on with it's business of managing game.

BTW, they do have a good supply of wolves. Last fall I was about 3 miles outside of Ketchum the day after an early snow and found the fresh tracks of a whole flock of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 756 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.