Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm sure there was a bunch of good football played tonight, but I have really enjoyed the LSU vs Mississippi State game that just ended.

LSU was ranked 8th and MSU completely unranked.

Goes to show how things can happen in the SEC.

Game was really well handled by MSU for the most part, but a bad shotgun snap by a second string center made things sporty right up until the last LSU play from scrimmage with 5 seconds left.

Congratulations to both teams, for a well fought game. My hat is off to MSU for going into Death Valley and coming out with a win.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish I could see the post game press conference with Miles.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Haha, he'll probably let go with a potty word or three.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LSU losing at home! Can't get much better than that!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm sure there was a bunch of good football played tonight, but I have really enjoyed the LSU vs Mississippi State game that just ended.

Game was really well handled by MSU for the most part, but a bad shotgun snap by a second string center made things sporty right up until the last LSU play from scrimmage with 5 seconds left.

Congratulations to both teams, for a well fought game. My hat is off to MSU for going into Death Valley and coming out with a win.

Why in the hell, even with a starter, would you be in the shotgun at that point in the game? I know that's what they run almost the entire time but there is zero need to be in the shotgun at that point in the game. JMO.

Last edited by Nail; 09/21/14. Reason: I fully expect to see OM do this exact thing BTW

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LSU looked terrible to me. Not very impressive on either side of the ball. Their QB is horrid.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that freshmen QB for LSU looks like a stud

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Nail

Why in the hell, even with a starter, would you be in the shotgun at that point in the game? I know that's what they run almost the entire time but there is zero need to be in the shotgun at that point in the game. JMO.

I agree. They played the Ultimate safe play by going for it on 4th and goal rather than kicking the field goal, just to run off some clock, then got out at midfield and lined up in the shotgun.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
LSU losing at home! Can't get much better than that!!!!

+1!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All the way to the end! Glad to see LSU fall to MS.

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember one LSU/MSU game back in the 60's that was such a good one that everybody was cheering for everyone before it was over. Have no idea who won but it really didn't seem to matter the game was played so well. I think this was at the time they started the Go Team,The Red Team and the Chinese Bandits. Superb game.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't even watch the game. Pretty much couldn't name a starter outside of the QB. Prety much lost a year starting right after the bowl games till late August so no spring game, practices or any of that stuff.

Also lost my suite so no games in person this year. Sad to say I really didn't even care which is pretty much a shock to me more than losing the game.

Also for a short period this spring the company I work for provided me with housing. It was the house the owner of the company I work for was selling after he built a new one. Les Miles lived like 4 houses down from me.

Contrary to public opinion he actually had someone mow the grass isntead of grazing it himself.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nail
... Why in the hell, even with a starter, would you be in the shotgun at that point in the game? I know that's what they run almost the entire time but there is zero need to be in the shotgun at that point in the game. JMO.

That is a most excellent point. That stupidity was also in evidence on Clemson's last gasp where they needed a yard to keep playing in overtime. Why in the hell retreat back to the back and hand him the ball without his having built up a full head of steam instead of giving him the ball near the line after he had momentum?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The 'difference' in this game....was the fact that the State offensive and defensive line beat the schitt out of LSU the entire game plus the fact that LSU's quarterback couldn't hit his azz with both hands! State's offense opened holes in the LSU defense I could drive my PU through and it was like LSU's linebackers had disappeared!! Been an LSU fan for 65 years but my hats off to MS for it's performance!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Agreed, sir. MSU won that ball game in the trenches.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't know how much of it was due to poor prevent defense, but the young QB at the end of the game for LSU looked good. He will probably be a Heisman candidate by the time OM has to play them.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Agreed, sir. MSU won that ball game in the trenches.

YES SIR!
The Dawgs played lights out. LSU had only 89 yds on the ground; while MSU had over 300yds (Prescott - 105 yds and Robinson - 197 yds). MSU Was way past due for win over LSU. To get it in Death Valley in front of a record crowd is just a bonus. I (MSU alum) finally got to turn the tables on my sister (LSU alum).

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RMulhern
The 'difference' in this game....was the fact that the State offensive and defensive line beat the schitt out of LSU the entire game plus the fact that LSU's quarterback couldn't hit his azz with both hands! State's offense opened holes in the LSU defense I could drive my PU through and it was like LSU's linebackers had disappeared!! Been an LSU fan for 65 years but my hats off to MS for it's performance!!

Agreed. LSU = no defense and questionable offensive play calling. I saw this coming in the Wisconsin game when they lt WU get a 24 point lead. Somebody needs to tell Miles and his Defensive Coordinator, that you cannot continue to give away big leads to major college football teams and win games.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That Miss. State qb is a bad ass! Early in the third quarter, with the game on the line, he ran a qb keeper off of rt tackle, 65 yards for a td! Unreal. That play is supposed to gain 8 yards.

Then, five minutes later, he threw a 70 yard td pass. What a football player.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The irony is MSU's QB is from Houghton, LA. LSU tried to recruit him or so I understand.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,273 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,230
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.