Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Snyper
They did execute an essentially unarmed man on video

That's simply false
He was armed with a deadly weapon

If you don't believe that, let me shoot you with my pellet rifle

I've spent many hours with a pellet rifle. Did you know that with a pellet, that model of pellet rifle will not penetrate neither a skunks skull, nor a deer skull from the front? Now wth BB's at point blank range you can do it with the Daisey 880, but not the Crossman 760.

Are you claiming this pellet rifle will penetrate body armor?

And keep in mind the 760 is a multi-pump system. It takes 10 pumps to achieve full power, making it a single shot system. It's not exactly an AKM.

I figured you'd try to rationalize things, all the while ignoring the fact that they had no way of knowing what type of gun he was holding.

Many guns won't penetrate body armor, but can still kill a person with a shot to the head.

You can make any silly claims you like, but it won't change the fact the guy was stupid with a GUN in public and paid the price

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
For the sake of argument, we're not talking about parents giving kids beer.

We're talking about adults going to prison for the bad decisions that other adults make. Which is crazy.

I thought we were talking about an innocent man being shot

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Innocent man?

Where?

laugh

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I can't make any opinion on what they thought, especially with a measely 1:41 worth of Video.

Of course not. That's the stick you fingers in your ears, lalalalalalalala, of most LEO's when confronted with a set of facts not favorable to their profession. When is the last time you admitted on this forum an officer was wrong?

However, despite the fact that I am throwing hammers at Blue tonight, he's made that exact admission several times in the past and was willing to call out, what in his opinion, was bad police work. I respect that.

Are you saying these boys acted properly, that this is the way you were trained, and you would have done the same thing???

And if you are, how is this causing you to rethink your training???

If someone that appears armed, and makes a furtive movement that i take to mean they intend to harm me, then they are getting shot.

That bull horn from a parking lot is pure hollywood,

And I have called bad police work what it was. Hell i've testified against other cops, that includes cops in my own dept.

Answer my question how many active shooter teaing courses have you been through?

Then look at the tape again and show me the "fugitive movement".

He never faced the officers before he was shot.

Actually, before the first officer comes into frame on the right hand monitor, the suspect dives behind an end cap of the aisle, dropping the gun. apparently just before that is when, according to testimony, bybthe prosecutor, the time the shots were fired were determined by the foot movement of the one officer who's feet are in view of the left hand monitor. At that pount he still had the gun in his hand. you can see him move back around that end cap towards the first officer, in what looks like an attempt to regain control of the gun

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
For the sake of argument, we're not talking about parents giving kids beer.

We're talking about adults going to prison for the bad decisions that other adults make. Which is crazy.

We are discussing adults improperly training and failing to supervise other adults, giving those improperly trained adults deadly force and qualified immunity, and setting them free on the public in a manner that results in the unreasonable death(s) of others.

As I mentioned above, there are already industries that subscribe to this philosophy, and they are just dealing with the public's money, not their lives.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
However, despite the fact that I am throwing hammers at Blue tonight, he's made that exact admission several times in the past and was willing to call out, what in his opinion, was bad police work. I respect that.

Just for clarification, I haven't watched the video. And as far as I know I've only commented on what other people have said, not what actually happened. I really have a hard time caring what happened to stupid people when they ran into stupid cops in some far away place.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Show me, on the tape, where he created a threat to the officer.
Please prove the time marker where you see it.

8:26:56

Officer identified himself and said "Get down" at this moment the guy took a step to the right while entering a crouch and bringing the gun up to the ready position.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Just for clarification, I haven't watched the video. And as far as I know I've only commented on what other people have said, not what actually happened. I really have a hard time caring what happened to stupid people when they ran into stupid cops in some far away place.

I took your earliest comment as humor, and enjoyed the rabbit hole it created.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I took your earliest comment as humor, and enjoyed the rabbit hole it created.

Instead of bitching and whining here, you should find out the names of the 9 GJ members and stomp your feet and cry why, why, why, to them.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
And from what I can see of the video he didnt give the cops a whole lot of time to make commands either, seems like he rounded the corner and started raising the gun, and got what he asked for

Clear as day. He heard the warning and moved instantly in an aggressive manner.

Good shoot

That's not what I saw. He was laying the pellet rifle on the floor when the officer shot him. Taking two to the guts is what caused him to hunch over...just like how a deer hunched up when you gut shoot them....

That's pretty cleaver...you shoot someone, and claim their reaction to being shot is the "furtive movement" that justified the shooting.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, I'm a giver.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And from what I can see of the video he didnt give the cops a whole lot of time to make commands either, seems like he rounded the corner and started raising the gun, and got what he asked for

Good shoot

That's not what I saw. He was laying the pellet rifle on the floor when the officer shot him.

He stepped right and brought the gun up to his left hand. He went from one hand on the gun to two. That's not putting it on the ground.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Show me, on the tape, where he created a threat to the officer.
Please prove the time marker where you see it.

8:26:56

Officer identified himself and said "Get down" at this moment the guy took a step to the right while entering a crouch and bringing the gun up to the ready position.
Oh man, are you deluded! Soon as he saw the cops he couldn't put that gun down fast enough. He was shot in the act of putting it down. How you could perceive what you claim to from the video is just downright unbelievable. smirk

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He stepped right and brought the gun up to his left hand. He went from one hand on the gun to two. That's not putting it on the ground.
Sick!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He was clearly not in the act of putting it down. He went from a single hand hold with it dangling at his side to two hands on it.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He was clearly not in the act of putting it down. He went from a single hand hold with it dangling at his side to two hands on it.
I cannot believe you're serious.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Good shoot

That's not what I saw. He was laying the pellet rifle on the floor when the officer shot him. Taking two to the guts is what caused him to hunch over...just like how a deer hunched up when you gut shoot them....

That's pretty cleaver...you shoot someone, and claim their reaction to being shot is the "furtive movement" that justified the shooting.

He didn't "take two to the guts". He was shot once in the elbow and once in the abdomen

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Good shoot

That's not what I saw. He was laying the pellet rifle on the floor when the officer shot him.

Ok, now I see what you are seeing.

Cop comes around the corner, BG makes eye contact with the officer, brings the left hand up to the rifle to grip it while looking at the officers, and then decides to drop it after taking two rounds.

I retract.....Good Shoot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, haven't seen it.

But this is a great example of why you should never say, "Put the gun down." It's almost impossible to put a gun down without pointing it at someone, or appearing to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I cannot believe you're serious.

No surprise there. You can't let yourself see what's clear to everyone else. It goes against your agenda.

Turdlike, by default.
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 38 invisible), 13,826 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,225
Posts18,543,917
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.