Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Again, haven't seen it.

But this is a great example of why you should never say, "Put the gun down." It's almost impossible to put a gun down without pointing it at someone, or appearing to.

I prefer "drop the taco". That confuses the schit out of them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Again, haven't seen it.

But this is a great example of why you should never say, "Put the gun down." It's almost impossible to put a gun down without pointing it at someone, or appearing to.

What do you prefer to "put the gun down"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Ok, now I see what you are seeing.

Cop comes around the corner, BG makes eye contact with the officer, brings the left hand up to the rifle to grip it while looking at the officers, and then decides to drop it after taking two rounds.

I retract.....Good Shoot.

I think that this was his intended outcome, sadly.

Suicide by cop.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
He was clearly not in the act of putting it down. He went from a single hand hold with it dangling at his side to two hands on it.
I cannot believe you're serious.

No surprise there. You can't let yourself see what's clear to everyone else. It goes against your agenda.
Who's everyone else? What a joke!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Take a bullet first, then return fire.
Not at all. They could have used a bull horn or the store intercom to tell him to put the gun down and no one would have been hurt.
That was the first thought that occurred to me, as well. But, like you say, in the vast majority of cases there are no consequences for wrongful death by cop, so what motivation is there for cops to think of non-lethal approaches? None. To them, due to the modern police culture, civilian life is cheap.

I don't think cops ever go into a situation like this just not giving a crap if they kill someone or not. I think they simply act in the manner they have been trained to act. We live in hard times. I would like to see changes, but there are no easy answers.

Kudos on a fine piece of well thought out text,

yup, the "Answers" become more elusive, and will be remaining so.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again, haven't seen it.

Don't move.

Simple to say, simple to understand, and every person on Earth is capable of doing it. It works in every possible situation. And best of all the witnesses will know exactly what I said and what the bad guy should've done (or not done).

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Again, haven't seen it.

Don't move.

Simple to say, simple to understand, and every person on Earth is capable of doing it. It works in every possible situation. And best of all the witnesses will know exactly what I said and what the bad guy should've done (or not done).

Thats out of character, i figured you would yell "get down with yo bad self"

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's terrible.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looked to me that he was startled when the cop yelled for him to put it down, he jumped a little and was popped. he was acting like a moron, but I think the cops jumped the gun. one person who should be brought up on charges was the 911 caller who said the guy pointed a rifle at him and children and he saw him loading it with bullets, then later said he actually didn't. he was also the ONLY 911 caller, another point to consider when going into the situation.

I'm curious as to how they treated him once they secured the "weapon" and realized it was a bb gun. did they realize the mistake in the whole situation and try to save him?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Don't move.

Thats out of character, i figured you would yell "get down with yo bad self"

"Don't Move" worked for me, although, we had to add the standard phrase "MF'er" to most commands.

Rarely was anything complied with unless it had a "MF'er" on the end.

Strange world.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That anyone, especially a cop, can defend what was done to this guy, is more than a little disconcerting vis-a-vis the future of our nation.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That anyone, especially a cop, can defend what was done to this guy, is more than a little disconcerting vis-a-vis the future of our nation.

That anyone can be so consumed with a cause that he firmly believes encompasses the very essence of the public interest, yet he decides that his only action will be to complain to a mix of interested, disinterested, and indifferent anonymous people on an internet forum is more than a little disconcerting vis-a-vis the future of our nation.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
it will be interesting to see how this conversation unfolds when someone calls 911 on an open carry person exercising his second amendment rights.

If you're justified in shooting someone with a bb gun at Wal-Mart who didn't respond quickly enough to your commands, what will happen to a guy with his his AK in Kroger?

I guess under all circumstances if you don't respond correctly or quickly, they are justified in shooting you.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Princess, watch the video, S-L-O-W-L-Y, and you will see what HAJ and I are talking about A/S finally saw

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KFWA
it will be interesting to see how this conversation unfolds when someone calls 911 on an open carry person exercising his second amendment rights.

If you're justified in shooting someone with a bb gun at Wal-Mart who didn't respond quickly enough to your commands, what will happen to a guy with his his AK in Kroger?

I guess under all circumstances if you don't respond correctly or quickly, they are justified in shooting you.

Have you looked at one of these bb guns closely, unless they are in your hand they are damned tough to differentiate between real ones.

had he simply dropped the damned thing, instead bringing it up from a one hand to a two handed grip, he would probably be around today. I'm betting that there was more than one command to "put down the gun" or don't move".

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do people just as a matter of course exercising their 2nd amendment rights carry their weapon at the ready, as opposed to holstered or on a sling?

Everyone wants to hold the police to common sense decisions, but for some reason carrying a weapon throughout the store, which for all purposes in this case, looks real and is normally in a box, requires now not common sense on behalf of the citizen, but mind reading omnipotence on behalf of the cop.

Geez...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RWE
Do people just as a matter of course exercising their 2nd amendment rights carry their weapon at the ready, as opposed to holstered or on a sling?

Everyone wants to hold the police to common sense decisions, but for some reason carrying a weapon throughout the store, which for all purposes in this case, looks real and is normally in a box, requires now not common sense on behalf of the citizen, but mind reading omnipotence on behalf of the cop.

Geez...

Stop, you're gonna upset the "intelectuals" by interjecting logic into the argument

Hawkeye would kike to put himself in this scenario as the cop, and how he would react, but he gets as far as picturing the uniform and gets sidetracked with a marathon masturbation session

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
why didn't common sense tell the cop to look around and recognize that no one was in a panic situation in Wal-Mart

to have enough common sense to ask why there was only one 911 call in a place filled with people who should have been collectively [bleep] their pants at that point

logic appears to be selective in this discussion

Last edited by KFWA; 09/26/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happens all the time where I work. Nobody's been shot.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my younger brother spent 4 hours on the operating table after being shot by a pellet gun.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, 7 invisible), 14,381 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,999
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.