Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I went to a science lecture at our local Catholic college last night. The lecture is put on by one of the college astrophysicists. The Big Bang is fact although there is still much to learn about the Big Bang.

So I guess the Book of Genesis is right in this regard for when God said let there be light there was a Big Bang and there was light.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I just talked to a college kid while camping last weekend. He said basically the same thing- it's fact, and is supported by the Bible- doesn't conflict with it.

One day we'll know for sure, and then it won't matter anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah doubt we will ever know for sure what happened....some interesting theories about happened though, but i prefer biological science to astrophysics so doesnt take long for me to start getting lost in the explanations crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Penny.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I went to a science lecture at our local Catholic college last night. The lecture is put on by one of the college astrophysicists. The Big Bang is fact although there is still much to learn about the Big Bang.

I just talked to God, He says he has a suprise for you....... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I like Penny.

You better stay away from her or we's gonna have a raaslen match. wink

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like Penny.

Penny

Penny

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So I guess the Book of Genesis is right in this regard for when God said let there be light there was a Big Bang and there was light.

Originally Posted by solgardener
I just talked to a college kid while camping last weekend. He said basically the same thing- it's fact, and is supported by the Bible- doesn't conflict with it.

One day we'll know for sure, and then it won't matter anyway.

Originally Posted by rattler
yeah doubt we will ever know for sure what happened....some interesting theories about happened though, but i prefer biological science to astrophysics so doesnt take long for me to start getting lost in the explanations crazy

LOL

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I this was about what happens in WI at bar time.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

actually i kinda doubt that for several reasons, first ive yet to see anything in science that disproves god....yeah you see headlines like "god particle" ect but its all media bullchit and has nothing really to do with the presence or absence of god.

second if your really look at the science if anything it should strengthen your belief in a higher power cause if you start running the numbers on the chances of us being here with out a guiding force of some sort watching out at all the right moments the chances are unreal....

third, if science is all a joke than the god thats in the bible and the real god are two very different things cause it means he is a sadistic bastard that gets off mind phugging people and not the benevolent creator the bible makes him out to be....

the young earth creationists really crack me up cause they sit and pick and choose what parts of science are real like nuclear medicine than decide that the very same knowledge and technology used there is completely wrong when it comes to other areas....you cant have your cake and eat it to unles God is far from the bevolant creator we make him out to be....not a damn thing in the bible says that the laws of nature are not the laws god used to bring us about....

and i also really crack up over those that strictly interpret a book that was not written in english and infact mostly went from being written in one language to being translated into another and finally into english....anyone that ever has learned or has tried to learn a second language should realize just how stupid it is, especially when we already know of translation errors like "thou shall not kill" should be "thou shall not commit murder" two VERY different statements. so yeah lets take the literal translation of a book thats several languages removed from the original text.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
I this was about what happens in WI at bar time.

Nah, that's when people start to lose words. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like Penny.

yeah but she looks like a dike with short hair.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I like Penny.

yeah but she looks like a dike with short hair.

Dam!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

actually i kinda doubt that for several reasons,

The Grin meant it was smartazz reply.........Sorry if I ruffled yer feathers Scales Rattler.

Last edited by 12344mag; 09/26/14.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

actually i kinda doubt that for several reasons, first ive yet to see anything in science that disproves god....yeah you see headlines like "god particle" ect but its all media bullchit and has nothing really to do with the presence or absence of god.

second if your really look at the science if anything it should strengthen your belief in a higher power cause if you start running the numbers on the chances of us being here with out a guiding force of some sort watching out at all the right moments the chances are unreal....

third, if science is all a joke than the god thats in the bible and the real god are two very different things cause it means he is a sadistic bastard that gets off mind phugging people and not the benevolent creator the bible makes him out to be....

the young earth creationists really crack me up cause they sit and pick and choose what parts of science are real like nuclear medicine than decide that the very same knowledge and technology used there is completely wrong when it comes to other areas....you cant have your cake and eat it to unles God is far from the bevolant creator we make him out to be....not a damn thing in the bible says that the laws of nature are not the laws god used to bring us about....

and i also really crack up over those that strictly interpret a book that was not written in english and infact mostly went from being written in one language to being translated into another and finally into english....anyone that ever has learned or has tried to learn a second language should realize just how stupid it is, especially when we already know of translation errors like "thou shall not kill" should be "thou shall not commit murder" two VERY different statements. so yeah lets take the literal translation of a book thats several languages removed from the original text.

I think the old testament was written in Hebrew, the new testament in Greek, and both have a small smattering of Aramaic. So yeah, lots of translation.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Penny.

Get in line, boys! She's mine.

[Linked Image]

John

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
At least it will grow back

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jpb
I like Penny.

Get in line, boys! She's mine.

[Linked Image]

John

She don't like Swede's, she says "they talk funny".

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, but they make great ostkaka.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

The Big Spanking? grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.