Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
Absolute power corrupts absolutely...

No matter who, no matter what...there are no exceptions..

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
~ David Brin

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by RWE

Nice deflection.

Actually, you win the ribbon for deflection:

You deflected from a wrongful police shooting to a debate about school choice.

I hate to point out the obvious, but considering its you, I guess I have to.

This thread had been deflected from the OP for a number of pages before my post. And in part by your compandre, among others. I simply commented on statements he had made already.

Yet you single out me for cynicism for what other folks have done and done prior to me.

Your angst is unhealthy, as is your focus.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Nice deflection.

Actually, you win the ribbon for deflection:

You deflected from a wrongful police shooting to a debate about school choice.

I hate to point out the obvious, but considering its you, I guess I have to.

This thread had been deflected from the OP for a number of pages before my post. And in part by your compandre, among others. I simply commented on statements he had made already.

Yet you single out me for cynicism for what other folks have done and done prior to me.

Your angst is unhealthy, as is your focus.

You done got your ribbon, already.

You ain't gettin another just for doing the same thing again.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see your contributing to the cause as well.

Guess you're runner up, again...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Gotcha... Pub. Ed is bad, and you are so much against it, that you choose a career in it..
Those kids don't get to choose where they go to school, and my opposition to public funding of education shouldn't prevent me from doing my best in their regard.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Gotcha... Pub. Ed is bad, and you are so much against it, that you choose a career in it..
Those kids don't get to choose where they go to school, and my opposition to public funding of education shouldn't prevent me from doing my best in their regard.

Spin your hipocrisy whatever way lets you sleep at night...after all it's for the children huh..

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by isaac
So, movies provide you the factual basis for your absurd cackling.

Now I understand.

Try real life sometime.

Yeah, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoNkmAUKWEg

You and I know that Phillips(and every one of his fellow officers he mentions) are heroes.
Yep, payoffs to cops keeps business flowing smoothly, and everyone's happy, right?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Harry M
Absolute power corrupts absolutely...

No matter who, no matter what...there are no exceptions..

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
~ David Brin
Yes, that's a more precise formulation than that of Lord Acton.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Spin your hipocrisy whatever way lets you sleep at night...after all it's for the children huh..
How many regular pickups do you make a week?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Man ya aint got this one wore out yet??? Been going on for so long. I'm surprised one of them rotten pos hasn't acted up some where else and got killed. To give ya another thirty some odd pages to talk about the choot !!!! ROFLMFAO CARRY ON!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

How many regular pickups do you make a week?

Umm, i'm not on the take, but thanks for playing

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Yes, even, I would have given you your due that your simplicity was your most admirable trait.

Kudos on avoiding messy bribery and extortion and sticking to simple armed robbery.

For centuries the State has robbed people at bayonet point and called it 'taxation.' ~ Murray Rothbard

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You back up time parolees snort way too much amyl nitrate.

Pretend you have an education and learn to write or have someone help you with your abysmal sentence structure.

Even prisons have libraries. Crawl into one of those instead of your cell mate's bunk.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
You back up time parolees snort way too much amyl nitrate.

Pretend you have an education and learn to write or have someone help you with your abysmal sentence structure.

Even prisons have libraries. Crawl into one of those instead of your cell mate's bunk.

You tell'em Ike!!

You need to get in on the SC Trooper shooting the perp thread and help me defend his actions!!

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, even, I would have given you your due that your simplicity was your most admirable trait.

Kudos on avoiding messy bribery and extortion and sticking to simple armed robbery.

For centuries the State has robbed people at bayonet point and called it 'taxation.' ~ Murray Rothbard

Your deflecting from the op.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RWE

Actually, I dragged the commentary back to the most basic question posed by the op.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Actually, I dragged the commentary back to the most basic question posed by the op.

the most basic question of the OP was simply a matter if the cops were justified in the shooting, not your phantasm police state, photo-op of �bama, jerk-off-a-thon.

The only thing you dragged was your bromance with TRH out of the closet.

I found it chivalrous the way you parried me from showing the hypocrisy of your biggest "+1'er".

<insert pithy quote>

<insert supporting picture>

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE

I found it chivalrous the way you parried me from showing the hypocrisy of your biggest "+1'er".
I've noticed that you tend to view the world in homosexual terms.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I prefer teaching to those other occupations, and the public school system pays more than does the private.

In no way, however, does that diminish my principled opposition to the institution.

Casuistic dissembling. If you were true to your stated principles, you would take the reduction in salary and teach in a private school, because the parents of those children and the children themselves are actively engaged in a system of education that you consider to be in closer accordance with the founding principles of the United States.

By claiming to devote yourself to children who did not choose to be enrolled in a public school system, you are publicly embracing a Progressive Democrat approach to the collective good that is clearly at odds with the political arguments you've made here for years.

You sold out your principles for the increased salary and state pension.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I've noticed that you tend to view the world in homosexual terms.

I'm sure that's the way you've noticed it.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 3,136 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,254
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.