Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Recording events in the area.

I see.

Just normal behavior that would not justify even a little concern.

Kind of like carrying a firearm in hand when shopping at walmart."

"Kind of like"?

REALLY?

Sure, they lit that brother up in Ohio and he wasn't doing nothing wrong.

At least, nothing that should've caused any concern type response.

That's what they tell me at least.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RWE
Why are you trying to convince me? I know the law.
You implied the cop's actions were "justified."

no, you predicted and noticed and whatever else you do, because that's what you do.

All I indicated that the man's behavior warranted a level of concern, but not the type of reaction he received.

You read otherwise into it, because you assume that's the response I would give.

This is that self fulfilling prophesy your "type" gets, about how all the supporters aren't there to condemn an action, thereby implying support for the action, when its apparent that I cannot even be objective in pointing out wrong doing without you jumping to conclusions.

Well done.

Your implication, in context, was quite clear.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jbmi
This should be shown at every junior and senior high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

Have not seen that in a while
Truthful and funny as it gets
Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 09/30/14.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE
Why are you trying to convince me? I know the law.
You implied the cop's actions were "justified."

no, you predicted and noticed and whatever else you do, because that's what you do.

All I indicated that the man's behavior warranted a level of concern, but not the type of reaction he received.

You read otherwise into it, because you assume that's the response I would give.

This is that self fulfilling prophesy your "type" gets, about how all the supporters aren't there to condemn an action, thereby implying support for the action, when its apparent that I cannot even be objective in pointing out wrong doing without you jumping to conclusions.

Well done.

Your implication, in context, was quite clear.

No my implication is that the douchenozzle on the video decided to do something that was as close as being totally suspicious as possible, in order to goad a cop into breaking the law, and he succeeded.

contrast to a true pedestrian walking down the street and a cop thinking he looked suspicious and getting the same treatment.

I don't know why you think intentionally fomenting confrontation is warranted. You obviously justify the guy in the video, and, right or wrong, you certainly do it here.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
No my implication is ...

Hawkeye will tell you what you were implying. You don't have a say in the matter.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Equating a video camera to a firearm - leave Ohio out of it - seems a bit of a stretch.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cop was responding to a complaint about someone acting suspiciously and recording everything in the area. He found the person that was the subject of the complaint.

The person with the video camera got what he wanted, which was a confrontation with the police. He was asked for ID and refused without being detained. He asked the officers for their identification and badge number, which he got.

Right before he was checked for weapons, with is appropriate under a Terry stop for a suspicious person/activity (brief detention of a person for reasonable suspicion of suspicious or criminal activity), he was informed that he was possibly going to be detained. At that point, he resisted and due to the struggling likely did enough thrashing about that he gave the cops what they wanted: justification for arrest for assault on a police officer and resisting arrest.

In some jurisdictions, persons are required to identify themselves during a Terry stop (upheld by SCOTUS in 2004).

This is what happens when idiots meet.

Last edited by 4ager; 09/30/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Equating a video camera to a firearm - leave Ohio out of it - seems a bit of a stretch.

You probably missed the other thread. I'll drop this line. It was sarcasm on my part, and certainly not warranted here, given the gold nuggets that are forthcoming.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by RWE
No my implication is ...

Hawkeye will tell you what you were implying. You don't have a say in the matter.

Can I put him on retainer to 'splain stuff to my wife?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
The cop was responding to a complaint about someone acting suspiciously and recording everything in the area. He found the person that was the subject of the complaint.

The person with the video camera got what he wanted, which was a confrontation with the police. He was asked for ID and refused without being detained. He asked the officers for their identification and badge number, which he got.

Right before he was checked for weapons, with is appropriate under a Terry stop for a suspicious person/activity (brief detention of a person for reasonable suspicion of suspicious or criminal activity), he was informed that he was possibly going to be detained. At that point, he resisted and due to the struggling likely did enough thrashing about that he gave the cops what they wanted: justification for arrest for assault on a police officer and resisting arrest.

In some jurisdictions, persons are required to identify themselves during a Terry stop (upheld by SCOTUS in 2004).

I can't see the video and am curious. What was the guy taking video of?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some trashy looking parking lot with some trashy looking white people in it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 4ager

Everything prior to the encounter has been edited out, so those facts are not in evidence. There is no indication as to what was being videoed, for how long, why, or anything else. The sign board that the camera operator is holding or leaning against seems to say something about abortion. His T-shirt has enough verbiage on the front to be a front page ad, but it's unclear as to text or context.

The video as presented is presented only to show the detention, and that is done on purpose by the presenter.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotcha. SOS.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CLASSIC!

The originator of the video, Robert Weiler Jr, who has the video entitled "Assault by Berwyn Heights and Prince George's Police" was previously sent to the big house for plotting to bomb an abortion clinic.

Wonder what he was video taping.....

October 28, 2006 - Baltimore Sun
A would-be abortion clinic bomber admitted his guilt in a federal court in Greenbelt yesterday as part of an agreement that could send him to prison for five years.

Robert F. Weiler Jr., 25, of Forestville pleaded guilty to possessing a pipe bomb, being a felon in possession of a firearm and attempting to destroy or damage an abortion clinic.

Agents arrested Weiler at a rest stop in Western Maryland with a loaded Smith & Wesson .40-caliber handgun. He had been prohibited from possessing a gun after a 2003 conviction in Utah state court for obstructing police. A pipe bomb had been found in a closet in a house in Riverdale.

Weiler told agents that he had planned to use the pipe bomb to blow up an abortion clinic in the Greenbelt area and that he was going to use the gun to shoot doctors who provided abortions. The bomb was a 1-inch-diameter galvanized pipe filled with black powder.

Weiler faced a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison but pleaded guilty in exchange for a recommendation for five years in prison. U.S. District Judge Deborah K. Chasanow scheduled his sentencing for Dec. 18.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Looks like there are some people in front of the white building wearing nothing but orange towels. At least one is female. In other words, something most guys would video.

As for the officer, he clearly states he is searching the guy for weapons. This is clearly a violation of US v Terry as the officer clearly states he does not suspect the individual has committed, or is about to commit a crime and just wants to check him for warrants.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
CLASSIC!

The originator of the video, Robert Weiler Jr, who has the video entitled "Assault by Berwyn Heights and Prince George's Police" was previously sent to the big house for plotting to bomb an abortion clinic.

Wonder what he was video taping.....

October 28, 2006 - Baltimore Sun
A would-be abortion clinic bomber admitted his guilt in a federal court in Greenbelt yesterday as part of an agreement that could send him to prison for five years.

Robert F. Weiler Jr., 25, of Forestville pleaded guilty to possessing a pipe bomb, being a felon in possession of a firearm and attempting to destroy or damage an abortion clinic.

Agents arrested Weiler at a rest stop in Western Maryland with a loaded Smith & Wesson .40-caliber handgun. He had been prohibited from possessing a gun after a 2003 conviction in Utah state court for obstructing police. A pipe bomb had been found in a closet in a house in Riverdale.

Weiler told agents that he had planned to use the pipe bomb to blow up an abortion clinic in the Greenbelt area and that he was going to use the gun to shoot doctors who provided abortions. The bomb was a 1-inch-diameter galvanized pipe filled with black powder.

Weiler faced a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison but pleaded guilty in exchange for a recommendation for five years in prison. U.S. District Judge Deborah K. Chasanow scheduled his sentencing for Dec. 18.

Take a close look at that sign he's holding up. It says something about abortion.

Location of the incident would shed a LOT of light onto what was actually being video taped, and why.

Where are TRH and Rovering to defend him, now?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's too awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Looks like there are some people in front of the white building wearing nothing but orange towels. At least one is female. In other words, something most guys would video.

As for the officer, he clearly states he is searching the guy for weapons. This is clearly a violation of US v Terry as the officer clearly states he does not suspect the individual has committed, or is about to commit a crime and just wants to check him for warrants.

Wrong. Read the Terry decision and subsequent cases. This is a classic Terry stop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, a convicted terrorist is detained and arrested after being reported as a suspicious person, for taking video of (what sounds like) some sort of potential terrosist target and refusing to identify himself to police?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 54 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.