-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who does not see what the priorities of each Party are and what they would do if given sufficient number need only to look at California this week.

or our national deficit for the last 15 years

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Would you rather have had Romney or Obama for your President?

If you register an inkling either way, then that is the direction you should have voted.

If they are "both the same" to you, then you shouldn't have voted at all, as you have already removed yourself from the process.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Chart

Like most engineers that actually design things, I am a libertarian. We can't win elections, so we side with either conservatives or liberals, whichever is losing.

Liberals have owned the trend for 90 years, so we are voting Republican.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like your chart. Let's use it as a road map.

Currently, this country lies politically where the "P" in Populist is. I would like to go to "Libertarian", with more freedom and less government.

I can't teleport straight there and neither can you, sorry.

If I try to go to the Left to get there, it's like driving through Beirut with "Hamas sux" painted on my car. I'm going to be robbed and beaten and never get to "Libertarian".

I can drive Right, through "Conservative", and the scenery starts improving and the weather gets better the further I drive.

Try to drive through the Center is like entering a round-a-bout that can spit you out either Right or Left at a whim.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

If you register an inkling either way, then that is the direction you should have voted.

If they are "both the same" to you, then you shouldn't have voted at all, as you have already removed yourself from the process.

I voted for the candidate I wanted to be president. He isn't Romney or Obama.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't belonged to a political party for 17 years. I was sick and tired of the lies. More or less each party delivers the same old crap, I expect the democrats to lie and fail to carry through with their promises. The Republicans just kept disappointing me doing the exact same thing when they got in office.

Libertarians sound good, but they've never held office in a position where they can change anything, and I'm sufficiently skeptical that I'd expect if one got into office they'd likely pull the same old crap and not deliver on what they promise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA

You voted for obama...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
When you get ashamed enough,...you'll turn into a libertarian.

,...but I won't be holdin' my breath until then.
aren't Libertarians code pinkers?

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You voted for obama...

no I voted for Gary Johnson.

did you vote for a winner?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Damned [bleep] dumbass libertarian here in NC is going to siphon enough votes from Tillis to put Kay Hagan back in and secure the senate for the Democrats.

I don't know anything about the race, but even from a position of ignorance it seems clear that if the libertarian is really '[bleep]' and 'dumbass,' but people would still rather vote for him than for Tillis, then that's gotta be Tillis's fault, not the libertarian's, and if the libertarian makes that obvious, he's providing a useful service.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obviously over your head...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no, its not over my head - its just false

you telling me I should vote for your guy and wondering why I question it is clearly over yours.

at the end of the day, your candidate didn't win

don't look to me as the reason why.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/01/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are fighting the same foe, just are not united in tactics.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI

You voted for obama...

This^^^. You threw away a vote good men died to give you to do the best you could to make a difference. Popcorn farts don't. You didn't even have the guts to cancel out an aliens vote. You at least could have stayed home and voted for yourself. At least you would have saved some gas. You think those who died for you got the choice they wanted? Did they turn and run because the choices they got weren't the ones they wanted?

Last edited by eyeball; 10/01/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
That type of thinking is why we will always have a 2 party system.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver

Yep. It's what got us in this muck...and it's NOT gonna get us out...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Good for you Mannlicher! Im so aggravated with them it crazy. I am sick of them nominating guys who don't stand a chance of winning. ROMNEY,,, REALLY! Its no longer dems and republicans anyways,, its the communist party and the corporate party, and neither give a damn about us.

I presume you saw the other guys running. Exactly which one of them did you vote for in the primaries? The GOP didn't nominate Romney, people who voted in the GOP primaries did. And you have to vote for somebody who is running.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good post at 1:20 pm. You are part of the solution.
Bristoad is good at "hijacking" topics and is an all-around useless turd with a smug attitude.
OP just shares what many feel is wrong with the Republican party.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver

Yep. It's what got us in this muck...and it's NOT gonna get us out...!

Throwing away your vote will?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Good for you Mannlicher! Im so aggravated with them it crazy. I am sick of them nominating guys who don't stand a chance of winning. ROMNEY,,, REALLY! Its no longer dems and republicans anyways,, its the communist party and the corporate party, and neither give a damn about us.

I presume you saw the other guys running. Exactly which one of them did you vote for in the primaries? The GOP didn't nominate Romney, people who voted in the GOP primaries did. And you have to vote for somebody who is running.

Evidently some are satisfied with letting an illegal alien vote for them.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.