Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=eh76]Thanks I will order some. [/quote
I know you'll love those KING OSCARS. A few years ago at deer camp, I got my son to try them. Now he's hooked. Good food and good for you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Them Sardines you say.

A story for you.

We flew to Alaska and one in our party wanted to bring his own meals. What he packed was enough cans of sardines for a 10 day hunt in the Alaskan back country. For every meal, mind you.

Day 2, he asked if he can trade some of his sardines for some of our food. MY answer was "NO" Never have liked them, and i was not going to trade good food for some sardines.

Mind you, he packed a 10 day supply of sardines for 3 meals a day into the bush. The boy was berry picking every day, and we did break down an share some of our food, later in the week.

The fool almost burnt our tent up warming up his clothes.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prefer mine in mustard sauce, yep them and some saltines make for a good lunch.

but then everyone knows we're kind of a cultured bunch around here anyhoo

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Originally Posted by deflave
Sardines and Kipper snacks. I eat the hell out of both.

Travis

I do too. Do you get the BRUNSWICK brand kipper snacks out there? I've tried several brands, but always seek out the BRUNSWICK's brand. Always consistently good. Some of the others, not so much.

This!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by calikooknic; 10/12/14.

Sean
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brunswick is the ONLY brand to buy!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I always keep sardines around. When I am hungery and want something quick that is what I usually grab.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tommyd53

I do too. Do you get the BRUNSWICK brand kipper snacks out there? I've tried several brands, but always seek out the BRUNSWICK's brand. Always consistently good. Some of the others, not so much.

I eat a lot of those, but I eat the Polar brand more than anything else. They come in the oval, yellow cans.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Anchovies rock as well!!!

I absolutely love anchovies.

There is a pizza place here in Havre (of all places in the world, I know) that has the best fugging sausage and anchovies pizza on the planet.

The Howard's pizza chain dishes up some amazing anchovies as well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Some folks like them, others don't. I really love them, and often make a lunch out of a can of sardines, some crackers and beer.
Today, it was Trader Joe's Wild caught sardines, packed in Harissa. Those are probably the best sardines I have ever had.
Washed them down with an ice cold Yuengling. Heaven! laugh

You are a fcking cracker! laugh

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Me and my boys love sardines, herring, mackerel and oysters....they take it up a notch and get out some block cheese and an array of sauces.....habenero, vidalia, sweet and hot etc and they lay out several crackers, put a slice of cheese, some fish or oyster and a dab of sauce.....eat em all and start over. It's what we'll do for dinner many times at the farm and occasionally at the house.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
I love sardines. The small double layer King Oscar brand are my favorite.

Bingo, these are the best we can pick up in SW GA! hot sauce,prem saltines and a cold beer and its on! We also use an old 'black rind' sharp cheese with them . very best winpoor

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like there are a lot of folks who go fishing just so they can eat the bait. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had a can of Jack Mackeral in the pantry. Have no idea how or where it came from. It expired like 2002. I dropped into one of those food-drive thingies here at work last week for United Way. Made me feel like I had done my part.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always liked smoked baby clams.
As a small kid, Mom would buy a can for my Brother and I for a treat, and we would split them.

Nowdays it's mostly smoked trout in a can from Trader Joe's, or Bumble Bee brand. Yum yum!

King Oscars are still good also.

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some folks like them, others don't. I really love them, and often make a lunch out of a can of sardines, some crackers and beer.
Today, it was Trader Joe's Wild caught sardines, packed in Harissa. Those are probably the best sardines I have ever had.
Washed them down with an ice cold Yuengling. Heaven! laugh

Saltines, sardines, and beer (normally Old Milwaukee or PBR)...that was lunch on every fishing trip with my Dad.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the Jack Mackerel better than sardines. Sardines seems to have an after taste that the mackerel does not. Reminds me that when I was young we bought canned Bonita and it was cheaper than tuna, and we thought better. It disappeared some time back when I wasn't paying attention. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I love them - sometimes I've even cut my lounge on the sharp edges while licking out the inside of the can.

I assume that you enjoy them while relaxing in your tongue chair, right? smile

CHUCKLE

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
I had a can of Jack Mackeral in the pantry. Have no idea how or where it came from. It expired like 2002. I dropped into one of those food-drive thingies here at work last week for United Way. Made me feel like I had done my part.

LMAO BWAAAAHAAAHAAHA

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Cento brand boneless and skinless sardines packed in pure olive oil are my favorite....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Costco started carrying these lately:

[Linked Image]

I need to get some more. I'm also a big fan of the Brunswick kippered herring. Speaking of herring and Costco, their pickled herring on crackers goes with Vodka like peas and carrots laugh

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 219 Wasp, 38 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,865
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.