Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Looks like wherever this guy lives, the drugs are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07QYjbJSvIE

That's just old Gus,....he mistook that paramedic for Lyndon Johnson or MacNamara is all.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus was the first to come to mind when I came across the video

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I do. The painkillers scare me more than the pain bothers me.

Other than .gov bs, there is no reason to suffer in pain these days. At least not IMHO. I'd take pain killers as long as I needed them, life is too short to live in misery. And when I could if I could get off, I would and deal with it then.

As you have read, after a while even the high part wears off and you are only trying to deal with lifes pain, not get high...

It sucks to have to deal with pain, but we can treat about anything else, why the stigma about pain. Tylenol and aspirin treat a different level of pain and folks use em.

But a healthy fear of addiction is a really good thing in the process, I agree on that one.

I watched my wife kill herself with the dam*ed things, and left me to raise 2 daughters on my own. Pain be dam*ed, you couldn't PAY me to take them. As long as I have pain, I know I'm still alive.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I never knew you weren't supposed to hurt some. There is pain and then there is pain. I can't remember a day when I didn't hurt. Too much sheit broken, torn etc etc in my youth.

At most I'll take a Motrin. Last pain medicine I recall taking was after my knee surgery in 91.

I always figured pain was a way of telling me 'Don't do that you dumbphuck'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I also believe people either have addictive personalities or not. I could just as easily never have a drink again, just as I've never had an issue when the pain prescription ran out.

Of course I've never smoked a joint in my life either, so I'm not a fan of not being in control.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by deflave
If it makes you feel any better, I know somebody that used too much Nexium and they wouldn't refill that before a certain date either.

Travis
That was his HMO that was doing that, not the DEA. Completely different class of drug.

My point is don't count on the schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At the big Austin City Limits fest some chick
o.d.ed on "Molly"??? Some jacked up ecstacy or
something.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by rattler

and docs were handing out amphetamines left and right in the 50's to anyone that said they were a lil down....just cause they werent buying them on the street corner doesnt mean they werent common in medicine cabinets....and were very prevalent in the middle and upper class, least thats who the docs were prescribing them to...

This is interesting to a guy who lived through the 50s. Were you circulating then? Maybe I was blissfully unobservant. Would you mind providing a solid source regarding the "left and right" dispensing and the "very prevalent" statement.

for phug sake not like the records are sealed and secret on how much of a certain drug was being picked up from pharmacies from what part of the population, yeah you might not know what Janet H. picked up back in 1952 but the statistical data is there on what the pharmaceutical companies were selling the pharmacies....if that group wasnt taking them than they were selling them....just cause your group happened to be one not taking them means lil as far as what was happening overall....

So, no supporting solid data?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For the first time in the history of the world, drug overdose is the #1 cause of accidental death in the US. It is all due to pain killers, prescription opioids, specifically.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love bath salts! love to chew peoples faces off! YAY! laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We have a (severe)alcohol problem here. Beyond bad.

That and I think a lot of people get drunk and then are introduced to meth(or other bad chit). Drunk.... sure I'll try it!

Some people all it takes is once and they are hooked. Some people figure out the up is not worth the down and stay away from that chit.

Pretty much that way for all 'drugs'.

My parents have a piece of farm/pasture land about 1 miles from town. County road borders it for a mile, closest semi-private road from town. You guessed it, favorite hang out for a few druggies. Have to be careful getting out to open the gate. Needles/syringes could be laying on the ground.

Anymore all I like is a few beers, maybe the odd shot of JD.

Pills(pain), powders, etc., man made poison(when abused....).

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/14/14.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
It's everywhere, in every town, big and little.

The Sheriff's dept here has been told to leave a lot of it alone locally... it contributes 30 to 35 % of the entire economy in this county...

They don't go after manufacturing or distribution if it is not staying locally... they only bust what is distributed or made to stay locally....

I doubt if half the local deaths even show up in the local paper, just to not bring its degree to the attention of the local residents, many who are retirees...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Les7603006
Oxy's killing young people. This has been going on for the last 10 years + in the little town that I grew up in.
A month ago a guy I grew up with was found dumped in a ditch. I don't know if he was dead when his "friends" dumped him or if he died in that ditch. Pure bull chit.
I talked to mom yesterday. Another dead. 18 years old. They don't learn. The kids mom overdosed a week before. I know family's that have lost all there kids to those stupid pills. The stories that town could tell will make you puke.
Is this the norm now days or is it just my small town?

I think it's bad everywhere. Not only the hard stuff, but pot has been reinvented to be as nothing different than beer. Prepare for the burned out generation of slackers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Alcohol causes way more lost work getting done than beer....or did I mean to say pot?

grin

Of course a born worker(alcoholic or stoner) can function and get more chit done than a natural born lazy(sober) person can on their best day.

I'm by no means advocating being intoxicated while working, just saying that I've known quite a few people who smoked a little weed every now and then and always/mostly showed up to work(construction/concrete workers...).
The drunks, not quite as good of record. The meth users, 50-50 chance half the time. Not worth a chit.

Have yet to meet a truly functioning/productive (long term)tweaker or pillhead.

I live in my hometown, graduated right here and sometimes have trouble recognizing my old classmates. Fuucking insane what that chit will end up doing to people.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Meth and crack still going strong here in the deep south .

Lots of old retirees here who live in bars -sitting around boozing their liver into oblivion .

+1 Sam ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I don't think it is bad in our immediate area but some nearby communities seem to be a mess. Some of the old textile mill communities are eat up with white trash and drugs/alcohol issues. It is very sad. I don't know the dope of choice in this area nor would I know where to find it. White liquor is another issue. It is made with pride in many areas of the N.C. Mountains.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Asking "how bad are drugs in your area" is akin to asking how bad are guns in your area.

Oxy isn't killing people, people are killing themselves with oxycodone.

A better question would be, how bad is stupid in your area?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If I had to list harmful addictions in my area:

1. Alcohol
2. Internet gaming
3. Gambling
4. Pot
5. Other hard drugs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every obit in my area that the person is 50 or younger if it doesn't mention a specific accident or disease I assume they OD'd on pills.

It is rampant in all walks of life, like most areas most of our crime is drug related we've got it all Meth, Pills, powder, crack, heroin we are 1 hour from Atlanta and 2 Interstate highways (I-85 and I-20) nearby that are major drug corridors hauling Mexican dope.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOTS of people ruin their lives with booze.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (204guy, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,096
Posts18,502,011
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.