Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
here we have one headline saying closing the borders saved the day in Africa..........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-16-14-24-38

and here we have another saying that for America to do that would exacerbate matters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/ebola-us-border-111581.html

funny that it works in a third world Africa, but won't work here? Hmmmmmmmm

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They think we are all stupid, and have no shame when they lie to us.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Exactly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good research Mannlicher. I guess this shows that the administration values "political correctness" over protecting its citizens. Elections matter.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, OK now. On count of three let's panic...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/six-reasons-panic_816387.html?page=1

This is actually a fair serious discussion from the Weekly Standard. It won't make you smile. Would like to hear Doc Rocket's take on this.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I actually fear the panic more than Ebola at this point.

Ebola may mess stuff up for us, but outright panic will mess it all up real quick. If both panic and Ebola get started, it won't be pretty.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Without presumption that I know anything meaningful, one of my concerns about the situation stems from the lethargic response by the feds which may lead to a rather widespread outbreak. If I truly wanted to contain it in such an event the first thing I would do is shut down transportation in the following sequence:

-Air Travel
-Interstate Travel
-Take your pick

Either of the first two items will castrate this country. I doubt I'm the first to consider this.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just arrived here in Korea a few days ago from San Antonio via Dallas, Narita, Busan. I am feeling OK and as it is my first Friday night here I am doing my best to either kill or sleep over a pint of Beefeater gin and a splash of vermouth. See you in the morning.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ebola may mess stuff up for us, but outright panic will mess it all up real quick. If both panic and Ebola get started, it won't be pretty.
More importantly, the government action that will be provoked by the panic and the demand by the public to "do something," which is likely what our rulers ensconced within our government are hoping for.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

More importantly, the government action that will be provoked by the panic and the demand by the public to "do something," which is likely what our rulers ensconced within our government are hoping for.

Well, Obama is talking about making a military General the new "Ebola Czar."

Wonder if that's a message that's clear enough for what they have planned? eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Liberalism is more of a threat... "oh this can't happen here...we need to keep our borders open... we can't quarantine Africa..."

This nation is being ran by an idiot, that liberals put into that office...a guy with zero experience, and demonstrates it daily...
and he hasn't learned a damned thing in 6 years of office...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And for good reason. What have we ever done to prove them wrong?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Liberalism is more of a threat... "oh this can't happen here...we need to keep our borders open... we can't quarantine Africa..."

This nation is being ran by an idiot, that liberals put into that office...a guy with zero experience, and demonstrates it daily...
and he hasn't learned a damned thing in 6 years of office...
I disagree. Some very smart folks have accomplished most of the transformations they set out to accomplish when Obama took office. They've been thwarted here and there (e.g., they wanted invasions of both Iran and Syria, but were prevented by a strong political climate in opposition), but generally speaking they've demonstrated extraordinary competence in terms of achieving their objectives, the spread of Ebola to the United States being no exception.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Well, OK now. On count of three let's panic...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/six-reasons-panic_816387.html?page=1

This is actually a fair serious discussion from the Weekly Standard. It won't make you smile. Would like to hear Doc Rocket's take on this.

just one bullet point from the article mentions suspending elections. Frankly, I would not look askance at this. I believe that it's possible obama had this in mind when he started importing ebola into America.
Let�s put aside the Ebola-as-weapon scenario�some things are too depressing to contemplate at length�and look at the range of scenarios for what we have in front of us, from best-case to worst-case. The epidemiological protocols for containing Ebola rest on four pillars: contact tracing, case isolation, safe burial, and effective public information. On October 14, the New York Times reported that in Liberia, with �only� 4,000 cases, �Schools have shut down, elections have been postponed, mining and logging companies have withdrawn, farmers have abandoned their fields.� Which means that the baseline for �best-case� is already awful.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/17/14.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To me it looks like every third world [bleep] country is being smarter about this than we are. How did we get to the point that none of our public servants listen to a damn thing we say from bottom to top in our government? They just do whatever the hell their masters want them to. Now we've got a majority of morons that listen to whatever the owned MSM says and just vote accordingly. It looks like the Grim Reaper is stalking the land just looking for whomever he can cull.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
it is because those countries actually want to stop the spread, and protect their Citizens.
Obama WANTS ebola to come to America, and he does not give a chit about protecting Americans. He wants us to die.

Sam......

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
What is really frightening about the Weekly Standard article is the possibility of ISIS + Ebola = Bio-Terrorism, and what would happen here in the US if the virus were to spread to Mexico/Central America, in view of our new "open borders policy."

Obama's October Surprise: Ebola ... The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

As Rahm Emmanuel once said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DITTOS!

Third world chit holes can do what a supposedly first world superpower can't do.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
At the very least we should be restricting "non-essential" travel in and out of countries were ebola is running rampant.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NeBassman
At the very least we should be restricting "non-essential" travel in and out of countries were ebola is running rampant.

We can't do that how are we going to get the undocumented Democrat voters into the country?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.