Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
VERY interesting article. I recommend everyone take the time to read it through.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/six-reasons-panic_816387.html?page=1

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Will obama and family be hidden away in a bunker where he can still be on tv?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If they let the news out for wider public circulation, you should be hearing very soon about a doctor in Dallas testing positive.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Will obama and family be hidden away in a bunker where he can still be on tv?

Underground golf course?

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something is gonna come out that changes how we view and fear this virus. I am a fireman and an EMT and deal with hospital personnel regularly. There's no way in hell these two nurses got this particular strain of Ebola that is only supposed to be capable of being transmitted by bodily fluids. My money is on the fact that it has mutated to a form that can be transmitted through the respiratory system. Wait and see!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep, things mutate, and this is what is going to cause the biggest problem with dealing with it.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another interesting article, basically the other side of the coin.

Ebola Fear Factor: Why America Needs a Viral Reality Check

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
basically the other side of the coin

Yep nothing to worry about. Heck the Troops are only getting 4 hours training

http://madworldnews.com/training-soldiers-west-africa/

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The University of Minnesota denies that its Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) has said Ebola can be transmitted through the air.

CIDRAP News had published a commentary raising that possibility on Sept. 17.

"Being at first skeptical that Ebola virus could be an aerosol-transmissible disease, we are now persuaded by a review of experimental and epidemiologic data that this might be an important feature of disease transmission, particularly in health-care settings," the authors wrote.

Some news sites such as Breitbart.com took that to mean CIDRAP officially endorsed the authors' position.

On Thursday, the university said CIDRAP does not make that claim. The authors, Lisa M. Brosseau and Rachael Jones, are from the University of Illinois at Chicago, not the University of Minnesota, the rebuttal stated.

Ebola experts such as Erica Ollmann Saphire at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla said the virus can't survive as dry microscopic particles wafting in the air or on surfaces, because dessication destroys the viral membrane.

It's also extremely unlikely that the virus could be transmitted through droplets from a nearby person sneezing. Tests in non-human primates have failed to find transmission through droplets, and such transmission has not been documented in people.

However, Ebola replicates with greater efficiency in the respiratory tract of pigs, Ollmann Saphire said. In the laboratory, monkeys housed in cages about 10 inches away from infected pigs have acquired Ebola through droplet transmission.

"So do not bring your infected pig on an airplane," Ollmann Saphire said. "Do not spend multiple days in face-to-face contact with an infected pig."

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
.... My money is on the fact that it has mutated to a form that can be transmitted through the respiratory system. Wait and see!

It has already come out. Researchers at the University of Minnesota have released a study where they claim that Ebola has the potential to be transmitted via exhaled breath and "infectious aerosol particles."

See: http://www.inquisitr.com/1541821/eb...p-researchers-claim/#b8qCuFYHxLHeQR8i.99

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I'm taking this too far but is this the "change" Obama and his band of retards have been looking for?

They had to wait maybe longer than they anticipated and those nasty doctors are slowing the progress of the infection by saving those 2 nurses but maybe they can over come those obstacles if we keep the border open and flights to the infected countries open.

Am I too cynical? Does the "administration" have a credibility problem or is it me? Dang! kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That is a very interesting article.
Just one small quote:

"On October 14, the New York Times reported that in Liberia, with �only� 4,000 cases, �Schools have shut down, elections have been postponed, mining and logging companies have withdrawn, farmers have abandoned their fields.� Which means that the baseline for �best-case� is already awful."

Can you imagine No Elections?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can you imagine No Elections?

I wonder if you can vote from a fema camp?

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ftbt
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
.... My money is on the fact that it has mutated to a form that can be transmitted through the respiratory system. Wait and see!

It has already come out. Researchers at the University of Minnesota have released a study where they claim that Ebola has the potential to be transmitted via exhaled breath and "infectious aerosol particles."

See: http://www.inquisitr.com/1541821/eb...p-researchers-claim/#b8qCuFYHxLHeQR8i.99

University of Minnesota officials knock down tweet that its researchers say Ebola is airborne

University of Minnesota officials are knocking down a tweet claiming its researchers say Ebola is airborne.

University spokeswoman Caroline Marin told the Star Tribune in Minneapolis that the university never made such a claim.

In fact, the tweet refers to a commentary posted a month ago on a university website that was written by Chicago-based researchers who were debating Ebola's "potential to be transmitted" to health workers by aerosolized virus particles, and thus what protective gear they should wear.

World health authorities have been clear that Ebola is transmitted through direct contact with bodily fluids, and that blood, vomit and feces carry the most virus. Health workers are at particular risk because in the course of caring for patients, they draw blood and clean up diarrhea when the patients are most infectious. Likewise in the epidemic zone in West Africa, people involved with burials of highly infectious bodies are at high risk.

What if a sick person's wet sneeze hits your hand and then you absentmindedly rub your eyes? Asked about such scenarios recently, Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, allowed that, theoretically, "it would not be impossible" to catch the virus that way. But it's considered highly unlikely. No such case has been documented.

"Should you be worried you might have gotten it by sitting next to someone?" he said Wednesday. "The answer to that is no."

Frieden said "what actually happens in the real world" � and he cited four decades of dealing with Ebola in Africa � is that the disease is spread through much more direct contact with a sick person.

The World Health Organization says the same thing and notes that few studies have found Ebola in an infected person's saliva, generally in patients who were severely ill.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If there is a way to get the public to accept martial law this would be it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
number of ebola deaths to date: less than 2,500

number of flu deaths on an average year: 23,607 (can be as high as 48,000+ on a bad year)

but feel free to panic

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Re Ebola, I only need one reason to panic.

His name is Barack Hussein Obama.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hmmm interesting article

but I disagree with his premise

no good reason to PANIC

calm resolute action would seem to be a better course, but that's just how I see it.

if I have my way the only way I'd see the inside of a FEMA camp is feet first.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

no good reason to PANIC

calm resolute action would seem to be a better course.

That's how some of us Panic.

How could this go bad.....what do I need to do before the bad may happen....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 10/17/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.