Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Muschamp said he couldn't hear the stadium chanting "Fire Muschamp". Lol

I think Muschamp's ego is so big he will stand by his decision of using two QB's and not waiver. Foley will not fire Muschamp mid-season.

Muschamp showed his colors last week when he didn't even go out to check on his player with a head injury.

I know TN tried to get Muschamp and glad they didn't. Butch Jones has impressed me and in a couple yrs TN will be back in the top 10 especially if he keeps recruiting like he has.

Just saw that video. Funny. He had his fortune ready and waiting at UT (Texas) and he got too anxious and chose to go. He's a defensive coordinator at best.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

wonder where he'll end up next...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Mizzou is beating them 42 to 0 and only has ONE offensive touchdown.

I know it doesn't work this way, but GA whupped MO in a shutout, by just about a lopsided score as this one.

doesn't bode well for the Gators to play GA eek

The transitive theory does not work in football...but I can hope can't I?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't think UF would ever hire him, but Terry Bowden would be, well, interesting. He's doing well at Akron. I don't see Mullen leaving Miss State for UF given this season. A lot of people may say Kirby Smart, but I don't see that happening. Jim Mora would be somewhat interesting too.

If Miles bolts to Michigan, I'll throw out Dabo Swinney as a dark horse candidate. Perhaps Butch Davis will re-enter the equation too.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Les would be out of his mind to leave LSU...and he knows it. There will be more than a few applicants for the FSU job and as usual look for them to pick a young and up comer. The job can compete in the SEC but is sure no lock like it was when Spurrier was there. The conference is just too competitive now. Muscamp will be an asset to someone else's staff but I just don't think he can be a head coach. powdr

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2Bimmers
Don't think UF would ever hire him, but Terry Bowden would be, well, interesting. He's doing well at Akron. I don't see Mullen leaving Miss State for UF given this season. A lot of people may say Kirby Smart, but I don't see that happening. Jim Mora would be somewhat interesting too.

If Miles bolts to Michigan, I'll throw out Dabo Swinney as a dark horse candidate. Perhaps Butch Davis will re-enter the equation too.

Don't think Jim Mora is too bright after his comments as the Falcons head coach..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by powdr
Les would be out of his mind to leave LSU...and he knows it. There will be more than a few applicants for the FSU job and as usual look for them to pick a young and up comer. The job can compete in the SEC but is sure no lock like it was when Spurrier was there. The conference is just too competitive now. Muscamp will be an asset to someone else's staff but I just don't think he can be a head coach. powdr

FSU won't have an opening this year...UF might though. If it did happen to F$U also, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy though.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Spurrier!! Just remember you heard it right here!!

Wonder if Hootie would yank his Augusta Nat membership??

Go Gamecocks!! ugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by powdr
Les would be out of his mind to leave LSU...

SOOOO many LSU fans are disenchanted with him. I don't get their problem with him. Sure, he pulls some boneheaded moves on game day, but he's won one Natl title and played for another, and wins 11+ pretty much every year. I ask these LSU fans "what do you want? Do you want to go back the to Mike Archer/Gerry DiNardo days?" They go of on a rant and tell me yes!?!?!

10 years is a long, long time for any coach to be in one place. You wear out your welcome these days. There will be no more Joe Paternos or Bobby Bowdens that spend 30 years in one place. It will be more like Urban Meyer. Built it, win, leave before the expectations become unmanageable as they are at Alabama these days. Even Saban is sick of it.

Les Miles can do the Urban Meyer thing, go to a less competitive conference, win 10+ games every year, and as long as he beats Ohio State more than they beat him, life is good without so many loonies. LSU has some doozies.

I still believe Mullin will be at UF next year. It is far too difficult to keep MSU or Ole Miss up at the top. The whole state of MS has less than 3 million people, so Mullin has to fight not only Ole Miss for in state kids, but LSU, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, FSU are all in their hot and heavy.

My best friend played DT for MSU. I told him that Mullin is gone to UF. He's connected in the alumni money and contends they will up his contract, but can't compete with UF in money, facilities, alumni support. The clincher for all of you is where would you rather live, Starksville or Gainesville? I've been to both, and forget Starksville. Or how about Starksville for $4 million a year or Gainesville for $6 million?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's the winningest coach ever at LSU. He is the winningest coach in Div. 1 over the last decade for all schools.

I don't care for him based on what he said in a private meeting when he was first hired.

I think if it ever turns sour he'll have s shorter leash than most coaches than have a title, maybe some of those who actually pay his salary and were at the meeting will suddenly remember.

I don't know what will happen with the MS state schools. I'm currently staying in MS and I find it funny they can't even between them carry their own state. All the stores here display LSU stuff on the outside/inside rather than Ole Miss and Moo State and you can get a MS state license plate that reads LSU on it lol. Basically those 2 schools have to compete over 2/3 or 3/4 of the state and concede 1/4 of it to LSU which seems odd to me.

Last edited by NathanL; 10/20/14.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.