Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MILES58

The best medicine is always the right thng at the right time.

Expecting medical professionals, however good they may be, to catch the first example of something new the first time they look at it is really ridiculous. Expecting medical professionals to believe what their patients tell them instead of their own years of rigorous training to follow a very disciplined procedure is ridiculous.

On this we agree.

Aside from that, to expect that our government and national as well as international health agencies to have a plan isn't unreasonable.

For Christ's sake, they had months is not longer to prepare and have a plan to maximize the safety of the citizens of this country. When Ebola came here, it only represented how much of a failure the entire system was, and the negligence of the Obama administration to take even the slightest responsibility to do anything other than follow their PC, liberal agenda.

At this late date, the borders remain unchecked and open, on all fronts, and the flights that even 3rd world countries recognize as needing some sort of regulation are still landing.

We may not all be M.D.'s, but I assure you, we are not stupid.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What worries me the most about this virus is that it has the potential to be used as a weapon,They say that it's not air born,but it can live for a long time outside the body.It could be smuggled into the country nearly as easily as herion.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
^ here you go Rancho, hysteria isn't dead after all.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The government was worried about this very thing right after 9-11. They were concerned about an infected terrorist doing a suicide belt in a crowded location. Concern is not panic fat dumb and happy can get you dead. How many here carry concealed They are prepared not panic stricken.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I figure with this being something that takes a few days for people to start showing symptoms from that if it was ever used as a weapon the terriorist wouldn't do anything like a suicide belt.They would try to get as many people infected before panic sat in.They would probaly hit buffet style resturants in major cities .

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
What worries me the most about this virus is that it has the potential to be used as a weapon,They say that it's not air born,but it can live for a long time outside the body.It could be smuggled into the country nearly as easily as herion.
Something I had thought about before we had one case here yet. A dozen jihadists slip into Western Africa for a few days to become infected, then slip out and then head to the US and come in through the unprotected southern border and head to major cities. Once they start feeling the disease come on, take mass transit and attend some crowded events. Come in contact with as many people as they can and leave body fluids wherever they can before it incapacitates them, then let nature take her course.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So all the right wing talking head son talk radio stirred people up into a frenzy over this NON FREAKING EVENT!

This was specifically to generate some sort of buzz before an election, and possibly get more people out to vote and vote Republican.

REGARDLESS of what the White House did, there would have been massive criticism. They are physically unable to give credit to the President under any circumstance, and certainly not before an election. (not that I'm an Obama fan, I just have a shred of integrity)

Travel - Had the president started out with a travel ban, the Republicans would have criticized how it would have hampered the relief efforts.

Quarantine - Understand that it takes a declaration of a disaster to forcibly quarantine, so it couldn't have been done before that, and that declaration had to come from the Governor of Texas. It eventually did come, but it was pretty much after all the damage had been done.

But let's say they did quarantine right off the bat. Republicans would have lambasted the White House for forcibly detaining people who had not been tested positive against their will.

No matter what the White House did, I guaran-freaking-tee you, Republicans would have found fault this close to an election.

The whole thing was political, no one actually gave a CRAP about any of the patients except for their healthcare workers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Easier

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I figure with this being something that takes a few days for people to start showing symptoms from that if it was ever used as a weapon the terriorist wouldn't do anything like a suicide belt.They would try to get as many people infected before panic sat in.They would probaly hit buffet style resturants in major cities .
I think you need to read up on viruses and biological weapons in general. In the history of virology, no virus has ever mutated from bloodborne to airborne, either by natural mutation or man made mutation. Because it can be contracted from someone sneezing on you, does not make it airborne, not even close.

Not only that, both chemical and biological weapons are VERY difficult to manufacture in a way that they can be distributed as a weapon. This is why we haven't seen large use of chemical or biological weapons, very few nations have the expertise to actually weaponize an toxin.

It's just not an easy thing to do. Building nukes is FAR easier than making truly effective bio weapons.

Last edited by GunGeek; 10/22/14.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

grin

The freakshow never disappoints..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

For Christ's sake, they had months is not longer to prepare and have a plan to maximize the safety of the citizens of this country. When Ebola came here, it only represented how much of a failure the entire system was, and the negligence of the Obama administration to take even the slightest responsibility to do anything other than follow their PC, liberal agenda.

Two secondary infections and the names of everyone potentially exposed ain't half bad work when it comes to an infectious disease. Quarantine of the most likely exposed with no downstream infections not only not half bad, it's flat freaking outstanding. It goes well beyond what could be best hoped for in a country with the individual rights we have and the ungodly stupid dismantling of our public health care system we have been engaged in sine about 1980.

Government normally gets in the way of that kind of work. That they did not manage to dick that effort up is quite surprising. They maybe could have done better, but the results are pretty damn hard to argue with. It went right, it went spectacularly right. Everyone has learned how to make it go even better next time.

I'll take that in a heart beat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Two secondary infections and the names of everyone potentially exposed ain't half bad work when it comes to an infectious disease. Quarantine of the most likely exposed with no downstream infections not only not half bad, it's flat freaking outstanding. It goes well beyond what could be best hoped for in a country with the individual rights we have and the ungodly stupid dismantling of our public health care system we have been engaged in sine about 1980.

Government normally gets in the way of that kind of work. That they did not manage to dick that effort up is quite surprising. They maybe could have done better, but the results are pretty damn hard to argue with. It went right, it went spectacularly right. Everyone has learned how to make it go even better next time.

I'll take that in a heart beat.

And how many millions did each patient cost the healthcare system?
If they did stop it the cost would be worth it. If not how much can our system afford?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
And how many millions did each patient cost the healthcare system?
If they did stop it the cost would be worth it. If not how much can our system afford?

Would have been a bit cheaper just to take measures to keep it out of country to begin with. wink

Miles, I agree with the good job they did in identifying those exposed. If in fact they DID identify all those exposed. They kept it contained, which is another plus.

It sure beats casting the dying victims out in the street as they have been known to do in Africa. The guy that brought it here can vouch that that method doesn't work.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by DocRocket

It's interesting that the Feds (with or without Obama's "leadership") finally put some air travel restrictions in effect yesterday. Restrictions that probably should have been put in place 4-6 months ago at least.

The feds are just screening at the five airports for symptoms, right?

If you're coming from Liberia, show no symptoms, you're allowed through and then you can develop symptoms later at your destination in, say, Houston or Atlanta?

I presume there's some form of public health followup on persons coming in with visas from west African countries on these flights, but who knows?

And we still have no assurances that folks who fly from Liberia to Germany and then to the USA are being screened at all.

So, yeah, it's a token effort by the Feds, I think, but at least it shows that they're recognizing that the citizens are NOT happy with their bungling of the situation so far and they're trying to show that they're doing SOMEthing. I am personally and professionally more gratified to see that more dollars, equipment, and personnel are being sent to west Africa to clean up the outbreak over there, which is where the REAL danger to the USA and the world lies.

On a brighter local note, my little local hospital out here in BFE has been notified that we will be receiving two (2) biohazard suits some time in the future for our ER staff to use in the event of an Ebola victim showing up here. Never mind that if he comes into our ER, our whole hospital will be basically shut down for 2-5 days... sheesh. We have a bunch of maroons running this country.

It's damage control for ze row. Like searching wheel chair grannies at the airport.

It's so if SHTF the Afreakan can say we did 'the best we can'.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/22/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Yeah, ze row hero Bill Ayers never wrote in his book how the govt needs to take out 18 million Americans and we know ze row is truthful in doing the best he can for America. Nah, he wouldn't lie about that, would he?

And here I thought only sac and nwa believed all he had to say.

Just because he's too stupid to realize importing illegals with TB could hurt Americans doesn't mean he would harm us on purpose.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So all the right wing talking head son talk radio stirred people up into a frenzy over this NON FREAKING EVENT!

This was specifically to generate some sort of buzz before an election, and possibly get more people out to vote and vote Republican.

REGARDLESS of what the White House did, there would have been massive criticism. They are physically unable to give credit to the President under any circumstance, and certainly not before an election. (not that I'm an Obama fan, I just have a shred of integrity)

Travel - Had the president started out with a travel ban, the Republicans would have criticized how it would have hampered the relief efforts.

Quarantine - Understand that it takes a declaration of a disaster to forcibly quarantine, so it couldn't have been done before that, and that declaration had to come from the Governor of Texas. It eventually did come, but it was pretty much after all the damage had been done.

But let's say they did quarantine right off the bat. Republicans would have lambasted the White House for forcibly detaining people who had not been tested positive against their will.

No matter what the White House did, I guaran-freaking-tee you, Republicans would have found fault this close to an election.

The whole thing was political, no one actually gave a CRAP about any of the patients except for their healthcare workers.

Sure, a few million bucks added here and there to shut this down in the US is chicken feed, well, to Dimocraps anyway. We should probably bring more Africans over here and treat them for free.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Obama is sending at least 3000 Petri dishes to Liberia with round trip tickets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/01/military-goes-to-africa-ebola-mission/16526873/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Obama is sending at least 3000 Petri dishes to Liberia with round trip tickets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/01/military-goes-to-africa-ebola-mission/16526873/
Indeed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Sure, a few million bucks added here and there to shut this down in the US is chicken feed, well, to Dimocraps anyway. We should probably bring more Africans over here and treat them for free.
That's not my point, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything that has transpired. This was a political "gimme" for the Republicans, and they took the ball and ran with it. I know it's just politics, but it still just disgusts me. I guess asking for some integrity from political leaders just isn't being realistic.

And don't get me wrong, if a republican was in office, the Dems would have done the same damm thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
true words there Kevin, true words indeed.

have long said, if either side of the aisle came up with a cure for cancer, the other side would be telling us it was a bad deal, or they should have done it sooner, yada, yada, yada

they all need to be hung by their toes from the cherry trees

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.