-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A Juneau grand jury on Oct. 3 indicted Billy Brown and five members of his family, court records show. Discovery began featuring the Browns in one of its many Alaska-based realities shows in May, portraying the family as a quintessentially Alaskan clan living off the grid.

Brown and family members are accused of �falsely� submitting applications for Permanent Fund dividends, the annual checks awarded to most year-round Alaska residents. Billy Brown alone faces 24 felony counts and is accused of illegally obtaining $13,080 in dividend cash for himself and others.

The charges do not describe why investigators believe the Brown family was not eligible for the dividends that some members received between 2010 and 2013.

A spokesman for the Office of Special Prosecutions could not be reached to ask if and how the family did not meet dividend requirements, including Alaska residency.

�Deep in the Alaskan wilderness lives a newly discovered family who was born and raised wild,� Discovery announced ahead of the May 6 series premiere.

�No comment,� Discovery communications director Sean Martin wrote in an email, when asked for his reaction to the indictment.

Also charged, according to a copy of the indictment, are:

Amora Brown, four counts of unsworn falsification and four counts second-degree theft.

Joshua Brown, four counts of unsworn falsification and four counts second-degree theft.

Solomon Brown, four counts of unsworn falsification and four counts second-degree theft.

Gabriel Brown, four counts of unsworn falsification and four counts of second-degree theft.

Noah Brown, three counts of unsworn falsification and four counts of second-degree theft.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/stars...ith-felony-dividend-fraud-theft/29285166

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Perfect! And this season we will see more kooks in all new reality shows! Please stop putting kooks on Discovery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Perfect! And this season we will see more kooks in all new reality shows! Please stop putting kooks on Discovery.

So..................when does your show air?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
If they are found guilty, they may get to start another reality show "Alaska Bush People in Prison" and they won't have to worry about the bears in this one.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to see it! I've been an Alaska resident for about 15 years, but never claimed PFD simply because I don't spend the entire year in the state. (Plus the one time I watched the show, I switched channels hoping the entire family would perish in a chainsaw mishap.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good. They need to hit the canneries hard too. Too many carpet-bagging DSMFs and turd-worlders scamming the system too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.