Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
TED338 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The title of this site would indicate members who are outdoors men. Republican or Democrat, no thinking man can ignore this warning. Corporations and states with the "garage sale" signs on their capitols will pick the bone of America clean. The feds may be for sale at times but can not be compared to the puppet legislators in many states. These are our lands, I would like to keep them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/opinion/the-land-grab-out-west.html?rref=opinion

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Government has no business owning land.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TED,

Not to offend you, but what would you really know about public lands out West?

Pat is right. The government not only owns the lands out west, but controls way too much of what goes on in those states. Mismanagement of public lands is an understatement.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not living out West doesn't mean he doesn't, or can't, understand the issues.

Most of us don't live in D.C. but we certainly grasp the issues going on there.

On topic, I've said before and still believe this has been, and will always be, about protecting (or controlling) the watersheds. Control the water, control the people.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being closer to the situation at hand offers a more comprehensive look at the big picture, and witnessing the gross mismanagement personally, as well as the blank check the environmental terrorist groups have now with Obama regime is enlightening.

It's hard to get the full flavor of something with just a nibble.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dem Senator op-ed in the New York Times.....sorry, red flag

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You're right. They should drain all the reservoirs in Texas, including Lake Fork, and give the land back to the farmers and timber companies.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well if the Democrats are against it than I'm for it. I've yet to see anything the Democrats favor that is good for the country or me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
TED,

Not to offend you, but what would you really know about public lands out West?

Pat is right. The government not only owns the lands out west, but controls way too much of what goes on in those states. Mismanagement of public lands is an understatement.
government owns and controls what we have allowed them to do.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pira114
Not living out West doesn't mean he doesn't, or can't, understand the issues.

Most of us don't live in D.C. but we certainly grasp the issues going on there.

On topic, I've said before and still believe this has been, and will always be, about protecting (or controlling) the watersheds. Control the water, control the people.

When I lived back East I didn't understand the issues of the West and belong to a number of liberal organizations to preserve Western lands. I moved West and discovered everything I thought I knew about the West and it's lands was pretty much wrong.

Nobody living in the East can comprehend the West and nobody living in the West can comprehend the East. They are two separate countries.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gadfly

You're right. They should drain all the reservoirs in Texas, including Lake Fork, and give the land back to the farmers and timber companies.

Now there's a great comparison.

Lake Fork is run by the Sabine River Authority, and is a State of Texas project.

We aren't talking civil infrastructure here. We are talking about tens of millions of undeveloped land the Federal Government has control of.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Now there's a great comparison.

Lake Fork is run by the Sabine River Authority, and is a State of Texas project.

We aren't talking civil infrastructure here. We are talking about tens of millions of undeveloped land the Federal Government has control of.

Look at the quote I responded to, it simply says "government". There are plenty of COE and Bureau of Reclaimation reservoirs in Texas, if that makes you feel any better. The reference to Fork was because that's Lt's fishing hole.

ego operor non tutela
T
TED338 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
How do you plan on protecting the land for your children, Lt...with your billy club maybe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TED338
The title of this site would indicate members who are outdoors men. Republican or Democrat, no thinking man can ignore this warning. Corporations and states with the "garage sale" signs on their capitols will pick the bone of America clean. The feds may be for sale at times but can not be compared to the puppet legislators in many states. These are our lands, I would like to keep them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/opinion/the-land-grab-out-west.html?rref=opinion

Guess the question would be, who subtends to "we", and wtf are you.
You're trying to sell this line of chit in the wrong marketplace, Mister.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
TED338 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Not being wealthy, for the last 50 years I have hunted, fished or camped on public land in 49 of the states. I do have a concept of what has been save for us and what else should perhaps be saved. Sure, there has been mismanagement, but on the whole we are better off than having piecemeal management.

T
TED338 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Did you read it...no, no sorry...ignorance is bliss.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
While I wholeheartedly agree that having the West managed by a herd of concrete canyon liberals from Washington DC has not worked out well, I also do not want the entirety of the US to be posted "Private Property. Keep Out."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ted, I read your op-ed and stand by what I said.
Nice try.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I couldn't agree more. Thye Federal Government stole almost all of my families land to make Sam Rayburn Reservoir.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Eminent Domain is BS.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.