-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be pretty miserable for sure.......almost as miserable as I'd be if I had to write traffic tickets.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
...today, and the sun isn't even up. Seems some people just can't be inconvenienced with slowing down on the way to work.

Boy, tell me about it! If Montana had all the police it needed Montana could end property and income tax and balance it's budget on speeding tickets alone.

Of course, the police would have to slow down long enough to write the tickets! laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've never understood rushing to work.

If you got an SOB for a Boss like I do then you would understand. Anyone comes in late is going to get yelled at.

Last edited by Hotload; 10/27/14.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I used to see people who if they were 5 minutes late they got fired. So, with bad traffic, the pressures are kind of understandable.
Doesn't make it right, just makes it so.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m
I used to see people who if they were 5 minutes late they got fired. So, with bad traffic, the pressures are kind of understandable.

Yessir. I may put a couple of traffic units out there for a few days and see if calling in late from the jail works out better for them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Leaving earlier is a difficult concept for many.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m

+1

Odd thing is ... It's okay if you get to work on time then screw around for an hour getting coffee, BS'ing
about the NFL games on Sunday ... etc. BUT come in 5 minutes late and you are in for some schit.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
That's not too bad at all, Pat.

I get that before I even leave my house in the morning.

And this from a Practicing Divorce Attorney!!!!! grin grin grin

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the people I work with are polite too. When these people act like jerks, I just think to myself..."But for the grace of God, there go I". They must lead miserable lives.

Amen to that! wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Leaving earlier is a difficult concept for many.

ding, ding, ding

Except for rare circumstance there is no excuse. Just get up earlier.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You forget that speed limits are just "suggestions" that some of us follow to the great irritation of those whose right to speed we inhibit.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by g5m

Yessir. I may put a couple of traffic units out there for a few days and see if calling in late from the jail works out better for them.

Yes, but after the first day they won't have to call in.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know you're right about that. The problem is not with the facilities personnel though, it's traffic passing a construction gate at 85mph. My job is to empty these lots without anybody dying and this particular one is a real challenge. Like sheep, these guys just aren't prepared to alter their ritual.

Edited to add...maybe they haven't had their coffee.

A couple of large companies here have somehow arranged for Harris County sheriff's deputies to park in the median of major streets, with lights flashing, at entrances to major plants. They do it both to get people to slow down, and occasionally they stop traffic so people can make left turns safely. Usually they are out during rush hours.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our problem areas arenschool zones. And I have no objection to writing tickets to people who speed through school zones. It's less than a quarter mile, you can survive driving at the 15mph limit for that long.

You would be absolutely amazed at the amount of people i stop doing 40 plus through that zone

The best ones are the ones who try and get out of the speed violation by saying how sorry they are for not seeing the flashing lights indicating the zone, because they were sending a text message

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A local leo gave tickets at 60 and 50 mph- two each- in our local 25 mph residential zone. The way people are behaving astonishes me anymore. I suppose it should have dulled by now but to me it is still amazing. Driving, rudeness, whatever.

And, Pat, if you'd stopped me I hope I'd have been polite at least.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The best ones are the ones who try and get out of the speed violation by saying how sorry they are for not seeing the flashing lights indicating the zone, because they were sending a text message

Here that would just get them another ticket.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should try to get out of our church lot after Mass! Kath and I just sit there and watch the games till it is empty, much wonderment to behold. Christian brotherly love seems to be left in the pew.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by isaac
That's not too bad at all, Pat.

I get that before I even leave my house in the morning.

And this from a Practicing Divorce Attorney!!!!! grin grin grin

he's just bragging, or wishing.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I know you're right about that. The problem is not with the facilities personnel though, it's traffic passing a construction gate at 85mph. My job is to empty these lots without anybody dying and this particular one is a real challenge. Like sheep, these guys just aren't prepared to alter their ritual.

Edited to add...maybe they haven't had their coffee.

A couple of large companies here have somehow arranged for Harris County sheriff's deputies to park in the median of major streets, with lights flashing, at entrances to major plants. They do it both to get people to slow down, and occasionally they stop traffic so people can make left turns safely. Usually they are out during rush hours.

=======

Here, they just park some unmanned patrol cars in the hot spots.

Seems to work.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they tried that in Greensboro, but the cars end up on blocks.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 48 invisible), 3,105 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,662
Posts18,534,060
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.