Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Im a 100% muzzleloading newbie, i do like the idea of long range accuracy with a muzzleloader. on my wisconsin farm i frequently see some absolute slammers during the muzzleloader season out in my foodplots. To reach them in these deer id need a muzzleloader capable of a 250 yard shot. Are there any other muzzle loaders that are capable of this kind of accuracy? What do you guys think of the price, i see i can get a kit for 1299 shipped that included a leupold scope with graduated drop compensating. Im particularly interested in the primer system them use, looks like a 44 mag case with a large rifle primer in it.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
no one familiar with these? Remington is touting 300+yard capability out of them with 200gr of pyrodex pellets

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
have fun holding onto it with 200gr of powder. Should leave a nice kiss mark across shooters faces when they shoulder it quickly for a fast take aim and fire, shot.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm sure the Remington is up to it but a lot of muzzleloaders are capable of making a 250 yd kill, and with less than 200 grains of powder. However all of them, including the Remington, require load development (the right bullet/powder combo) and much practice to be consistent at that range. Personally I'd concentrate on the hunting aspect & try to get a closer shot....part of the reason for the season.

JMO YMMV

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are better options. Why does anyone need a "bolt action" on a muzzleloader? What purpose does it serve? On second thought, shooting a 200 grain load, you'll probably need all the extra metal in there you can get......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have not looked into the new Rem ML a ton, but I do know that you can get accurately out to 300 yards in a few different ways, many of them more affordable and easier on the shoulder.

I got interested in the "long range" muzzleloading about 7 or 8 years ago. At that time it meant dropping my irons for a scope, finding the most aerodynamic bullet I could and shooting it a lot to get consistent drops. Since then I have gotten more intentional using scopes with dials, BH209 or smokeless (where applicable) and better bullet selection and even more practice. I don't believe I ever used more than two powder pellets or 105gr or so of BH209 in this pursuit.

Here is a doe taken 4 or 5 seasons ago with your average Encore ML with two pellets, simple scope and 250gr SST @ 246 yards.
[Linked Image]

Or, more recently, a smokeless conversion Encore, with CDS scope and confirmed drops. Felt good out to 300 or so (with good rest and conditions).
[Linked Image]

While the Rem is flashy, I would rather shoot more with less powder and in a rifle that was not quite as pricey.
Just as with CF rifles - practice and placement are key once you get out to "long range" with there muzzleloaders.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Before paying that much for the new Remington, look at a smokeless muzzleloader. The amount of crud from four pellets has to be a real mess, not to mention the recoil. I have several friends who have Savage smokeless muzzleloaders in one form or another and several others have Remington first generation muzzleloaders that have been converted to .45 caliber smokeless. A friend of mine does several conversions per year as a sideline.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
$1300 can build you a 45cal smokeless that will send a 275gr bullet down range at over 2500fps with ease and there is no need for a sabot.

Why would you want a form 4473 smoker for that price when you can build one that can use a huge variety of powders AND has a match grade custom barrel?

Pacnor, Brux or McGowen barrels will typically shoot circles around a factory Rem barrel.

If you already have a Rem700 CF, Stevens 200 or a Savage 11 SA the cost is little more than the barrel and bolt head. You could even convert one to a Krieger barrel with a LRMP module ignition for about that price at Hankins rifle. It even retains the factory bolt head if its based on the 308Win case.

How does a 275gr bullet at 3000fps sound vs that pellet burner?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is that last sentence a typo??

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd prefer a .270/.308, and save my shoulder.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Nope, a Hankins with Rem 700 CF action and Krieger 45cal barrel will shoot a Parker 275gr bullet at 3000fps with 78gr of 4198. He uses his own LRMP module and breach plug design.

http://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/rifles.html

With a muzzle velocity of over 3000 feet per second and a whopping 5000 foot pounds of energy.

He no longer uses a Knight breach plug and nipple. Its a custom breach plug with a tungsten bushing. They last for many hundreds of shots before the bushing wears out. I know of one with over 400 rounds though it and its still within spec.

Cool video, notice how easy they load http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ksRm9DLXKM

Last edited by Overkill45; 10/31/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Im a 100% muzzleloading newbie, i do like the idea of long range accuracy with a muzzleloader. on my wisconsin farm i frequently see some absolute slammers during the muzzleloader season out in my foodplots. To reach them in these deer id need a muzzleloader capable of a 250 yard shot. Are there any other muzzle loaders that are capable of this kind of accuracy? What do you guys think of the price, i see i can get a kit for 1299 shipped that included a leupold scope with graduated drop compensating. Im particularly interested in the primer system them use, looks like a 44 mag case with a large rifle primer in it.

I have been shooting the original Ultimate Muzzleloader for years and just set up a Remington for a friend last week.

Let's look at price. My friend paid about $800. Check Gunbroker.

We have only shot the new Remington out to 100 yds using 4 50gr Pyrodex pellets and a 250gr Horn SST (use the black high pressure sabots). Groups are running a little over 1".

The priming system is what really makes this work. I use Fed 215 Match primers. I believe this is what makes clean up so easy. Everything gets burned. No need to pull a breech plug. Just a couple of damp patches with Butch's Bore Shine for ML and you are done.

I have read some posts speculating about the use of loose powder vs pellets in the UML. When I first got mine I chronographed 4- 50gr 777 pellets vs 200gr (by volume)777 loose powder. The pellets were yielding a little under 2300fps with a 300 gr SST, the loose powder 1800fps. I suspect the difference is caused by the pellets having the hole for the flash to travel through, thus igniting the full powder column nearly at once vs the long column of loose powder being ignited from the bottom.

Regarding the long range accuracy, last weekend checked my zero for the upcoming season. I put 2 shots 2" apart at 300 yds. Close enough.

I like my original UML and I believe the Remington will work out well. Easy and effective priming system, very easy to clean, accurate and dependable.

405wcf

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Very strange, my Knights got at least 1800fps with just 110gr of Triple7 loose.

It appears the data is flawed.

The Ultimate is not even made to handle BH209 powder. Ask the owner of Ultimate Firearms. No way in hell i would pay that kind of money for a rifle that will flame cut its plug just from using BH209.

I can have one built for less that will shoot pellets and a huge variety of powders with LRMPs. Ill take a Krieger or Brux barrel over a Lothar Walther anyday.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Overkill45
$1300 can build you a 45cal smokeless that will send a 275gr bullet down range at over 2500fps with ease and there is no need for a sabot.

Why would you want a form 4473 smoker for that price when you can build one that can use a huge variety of powders AND has a match grade custom barrel?

Pacnor, Brux or McGowen barrels will typically shoot circles around a factory Rem barrel.

If you already have a Rem700 CF, Stevens 200 or a Savage 11 SA the cost is little more than the barrel and bolt head. You could even convert one to a Krieger barrel with a LRMP module ignition for about that price at Hankins rifle. It even retains the factory bolt head if its based on the 308Win case.

How does a 275gr bullet at 3000fps sound vs that pellet burner?

Or you can buy a new in box smokeless already built by Savage for $1379.00...

http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?gun_id=100479569&pop_up=1

Savage99F358

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I paid less than that for all of mine including my Savage 45cal with a Pacnor 45 barrel. Not one Savage MLII even cost me over $600.

What they are asking does not mean that is what they will get. There are several on Dougs board already to go with lots of addons.

You can almost buy a NULA M209 for that and save about 4lbs in weight.

Last edited by Overkill45; 11/01/14.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Nope, a Hankins with Rem 700 CF action and Krieger 45cal barrel will shoot a Parker 275gr bullet at 3000fps with 78gr of 4198. He uses his own LRMP module and breach plug design.

All I can say to that is "Holy Mackeral Andy....."

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I havent gone over 70gr of H4198 in mine simply because it wackems just fine and im not a huge fan of anymore recoil. I dont have a muzzle brake on mine either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
An ML with a muzzle brake?? Dayum.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yeah, quite a few guys get them and it does tame the recoil. I shoot both sabots and sabotless though and to me, its a little bit easier to load without a brake. Sure they can be removed and replaced with a collar but its obnoxiously loud with them installed. Its just not worth the extra cost to me.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How much does a Hankin muzzleloader cost??? I have an Encore I am happy enough with but smokeless has always interesred me.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
More info on this muzzle break please. Are we talking about a bore drilled muzzle break like on a Traditions or are we talking about an oversized thread on type?

I was under the impression thread on overbore muzzle breaks and sabots don't mix?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hydrashocker
Have you ever seen a true Ultimate ML. They offer a brake and seem to shoot fine with sabots. IIRC its a threaded brake. I dont use one myself.

ihookem
Hankins can convert a Encore for you. All you need to supply is the frame and 45/70 barrel. He uses a LRMP module and a breach plug of his own design. You can also get a LRMP breach plug from Precision Rifle or just use a Savage breach plug made for 209s. Slufoot on Dougs board can do the conversion with the Savage plug and maybe the PR plug too for under $150.

Personally, i would use a LRMP if i was building another SML.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Naw, just seen the Genesis model. So far the only ML's I've seen factory all have the barrel porting from the factory. Haven't come across a break yet. Guess it just makes me wonder about accuracy and sabots opening to soon with a break installed.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigblock455
have fun holding onto it with 200gr of powder. Should leave a nice kiss mark across shooters faces when they shoulder it quickly for a fast take aim and fire, shot.

If it's too much rifle for you, don't buy it. The recoil doesn't bother me one bit.

Hint: $hit thats shoots faster/flatter with the same bullet, hits harder at both ends.

Let's face it. If it isn't a cheap foreign made POS, made by a company who gives you $hit for free to promote their products, then you simply aren't going to have a good thing to say about it.

Bout right? Thought so.......

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Bout right? Thought so.......

That pretty much hits the nail on the head. If he dont get it for free or greatly discounted, its nowhere near as good as his freebies.

I cant say i care for the Rem700 Ultimate but i applaud Rem for the effort. It beats the hell out of paying $2500 for a Ultimate BP-Express.

http://ultimatefirearms.com/modelsprices.php

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That pretty much hits the nail on the head. If he dont get it for free or greatly discounted, its nowhere near as good as his freebies.

SOS different day.........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
i buy my rifles or build em myself buddy.

Remington is cheap junk. They've put out some of the worse products ever to come out over the years.

Now if you dont mind, I shall be testing out my Accura V2 with some new 250gr XP bullets. Maybe some Fed bore locks as well if time permits.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If ya could post up those Fed bullet results when you get em bigblock. Was thinking about purchasing some this coming up week.

Carry on....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i buy my rifles or build em myself buddy.

Remington is cheap junk. They've put out some of the worse products ever to come out over the years.

Now if you dont mind, I shall be testing out my Accura V2 with some new 250gr XP bullets. Maybe some Fed bore locks as well if time permits.

You are a flipping joke. Keep lying to us all, and plugging your INFERIOR FOREIGN MADE POS that fail on a regular basis. And keep denying that you are compensated by CVA..........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
no need to lie, when i get something fo free, i tells it like it is. I buy all powder, primers/caps/flints, lubes, patch material, normally cast my own projectiles these days. Recently just bought 2 packages of the 270gr federal bore lock bullets to test out for accuracy.

Heck, even bought the 1860 Army .44 from Traditions myself even though i could have got it for a free 3 month test period.

Show me a pay stub from CVA or any one else, because I sure in hell would love to get some kind of monetary compensation for putting up with morons like you all day LOL.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yeah sure....he aint compensated.

Im sure all those sponsor links on his forum are totally free too. Oh wait, he charges for sponsor links. http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t7629-interested-in-becoming-a-sponsor

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
this website has sponsors advertising as most forums do. Right now, i have no one paying me. My forum uses pictures for easy sight pick up on the topic for such and such category.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Looks like another Dikar advertisement by looking at the main sponsors. All the first 5 sponsors are owned by Dikar in Spain.

The money trail is easy to follow. Its plastered all over the WHC Facebook page too.

They will make good little Randys and Tobys someday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The whole damm thing IS Dikar/CVA.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

and? WHC is sponsored by CVA along with other companies that want the websites help with their web design. The whole cva site was redesigned by WHC's main webdesign company LOL.

When you have talents, others invite you to be of help to their members.

All unpaid positions my friends.

I do find it funny how these chumps try to pawn off the macho " 'ah buy Uhmerican and s'uhport Uhmerican!"

Then you go and bash AMERICAN companies trying to make a living LOL.

My main money flow is through rifle rebuids/builds/custom work on rifles. I do not get paid by any company and if you'd like to continue falsely accusing me of this, please PM me your phone number and we'll talk this over and see what kind of [bleep] talker you truly are and again, please show me a pay stub ya damn fools! wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You forget that you ADMITTED to it a couple years back,

So CVAs whole "pro staff" is unpaid, huh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sponsored by CVA?

It IS CVA and its sister companies. There is NO WHC without them. They created it.

Spin it however you want. But, but nobody here is dumb enough to believe you....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL wow you are stupid.

You'd have to ask CVA what pro staff members are actually getting paid, I do not have that info.

Sponsorships/pro staff are to very much different things. Most of the time, pro staff help with info like write ups, pictures, videos and customer support. Sponsorship comes with a heck of a lot more work in order for you to earn a pay check.

As I can tell by all the responses, people are sick of your kind always just trying to stir up trouble LOL. I am sure if knight had their pro staff on here, you'd give them the same grief?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Sponsored by CVA?

It IS CVA and its sister companies. There is NO WHC without them. They created it.

Spin it however you want. But, but nobody here is dumb enough to believe you....

WTF business is it of yours whether he makes or does not make money from CVA?

At least he contributes to this forum and posts relevant and useful information, he is not some POS that constantly berates others that do not agree with his views. I have looked up your posts and in not one of them have you added anything of value, it is always some sort of snide remark to someone not agreeing with our views. GFY you are ignore

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
hell, put out the holy bible, i'll gladly put my hand on it and swear on my mothers grave, No company pays me anything.

As i've said in the past, I do thank you kindly for suggesting that companies should pay me for the "work" I do laugh

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
he is not some POS that constantly berates others that do not agree with his views.

Oh, but that is exactly what he is. Why don't you re-read this thread and see how he entered the conversation. By berating the firearm being discussed that he has zero experience with. Search the web, it's the same MO on multitudes of muzzleloading forums. He trash talks any muzzleloader not BPI/Traditons without any hands on experience with them.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Honestly, i only trash talk the trash posters.

Rem 700 ULTIMATE is grossly over priced for what it is. Hell, a dealer for the rem Ult. that i know will even talk you into buying something else LOL.

I've owned all brands, I stick with what fits me and works for me.

same reason 2muchgun shoots a dinosaur knight plunger muzzy. Its simple, it must be accurate and it works.

LOL, I dont even know why i bother with these posts, its always the same folks starting the trouble.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
oh and I watched the wakeman video where hes shooting the remington ultimate with the new federal bore lock... yeah, my cheapie cva did better and costs about $600 less.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sponsorships/pro staff are to very much different things. Most of the time, pro staff help with info like write ups, pictures, videos and customer support. Sponsorship comes with a heck of a lot more work in order for you to earn a pay check.

As I can tell by all the responses, people are sick of your kind always just trying to stir up trouble LOL. I am sure if knight had their pro staff on here, you'd give them the same grief?

If you read the WHC page, it clearly says "Pro Staff". Wanna lie about that also?

And what people are sick of, is punks like you try to plug products for FREE in your "reviews".

THAT is why you have been banned from multiple websites under multiple screen names.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL, I dont even know why i bother with these posts, its always the same folks starting the trouble.

Your penchant for playing the victim is freaking hilarious to those of us who actually know you.

It is YOU who starts the trouble..........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmitch
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
he is not some POS that constantly berates others that do not agree with his views.

Oh, but that is exactly what he is. Why don't you re-read this thread and see how he entered the conversation. By berating the firearm being discussed that he has zero experience with. Search the web, it's the same MO on multitudes of muzzleloading forums. He trash talks any muzzleloader not BPI/Traditons without any hands on experience with them.

Thank you. Someone who actually gets it........

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Can we get over the pissing match yet? Who gives a $hit.....

bigblock posts up a lot of good information regardless of what brands he might promote or not promote. The fact of the matter is, who cares? If the damn bullet hit's the mark and kills the animal or target then the job is complete. Lets move on.....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The OP if he is still watching this thread might be interested in this info.

Carlos at Ed's gunshop was selling the Rem700 Ultimate below MSRP. Im not sure what he charges for the scope.

Rumor is that the Rem Ultimate CAN shoot BH209 but i want to see the load data from Remington. The Michigan Ultimate can not according to the owner of UF. It will flame cut the breach plug too quickly.

The Rem Ultimate uses a 308Win type case for ignition. .473 bolt head if i remember correctly. The original UF version uses a 45Win Mag case. Both cases have a fairly limited reuse before they leak.

The wood stock Rem and UF uses is just a run of the mill sub $150 Boyds stock. The composite is a fairly nice Bell and Carlson.....i think.

Rem is NOT using the Lothar barrel like UF uses. It is similar in twist and land/groove though. 1-26 with 6 lands according to the info ive seen. Its not your common 1-28 8 groove 50cal ML bore. A few companies can make match grade barrels for that action and application including smokeless capable if you change the breach plug and priming system too.

The sky is the limit when it comes to Rem700 upgrades. No other platform has that kind of aftermarket support.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hydrashocker

Probably no one cares but its always advisable to consider the source and the ethics of the person behind the screen.

Bigblock aka Frontier Gander for example was banned from Modern Muzzleloader and he later used his friends login info to continue posting without his friend's consent. His friend admitted to this indiscretion. That almost got his friend banned too.

His opinions need to be viewed no differently than Toby's or Wakeman's opinions. Both of them have posted good info too. They both have an axe to grind just like BB, FG and a host of other names he uses or has used on various forums. His list of bans is quite lengthy. The HNI forum has banned no less than 3 of his aliases. Michigan Sportmans has perma banned him at least once for being a shill.

If Wakeman got on here pimping the new Rem Ultimate would you be as quick to defend him? I ripped into him on several occasions on forums for his "purchased" opinions. He was also banned from MM in the early days with my full support.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
Can we get over the pissing match yet? Who gives a $hit.....

If you wish to describe it as a pissing match, that's fine. But read OK45's last post above. Because it is SPOT ON.

Top that off with the fact that every time we get a thread that I find of interest, like this one and the current Knight Rifles thread, I have to listen to the CVA mascot/ talking parrot plug rifles in which the thread has nothing to do with. Or simply put down every other brand/product in existence for whatever dumba$$ reason he can dream up. Read the threads. Am I wrong? It's not only annoying, but biased and agenda driven as he11........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I was banned on modernmuzzleloader by KNIGHT prostaff moderators! LOL.

Calhunter on huntingnet banned 3 of my names, one of which i made earlier this year because the old ones would go straight to a white screen with a time zone update and never let me in. I asked him to deactivate them as i no longer wished to be on the forum. LOL my god, i even took screen shots where the reason for the ban was USERS REQUEST! A lil bipolar and can not remember these things hmmm?

It doesn't matter boys, I get more PM's on this forum and other forums asking for my help directly. If people NEED help, they read through posts where the others are getting helped. If they have questions, they normally respond VIA pm to that person they saw had some knowledge. 2 piss ants won't bother me any, just keeps the topics a little spicy and active.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why did you get banned on Michigan Sportsman? Deny that it was for plugging without a sponsorship, please. TFF. Denial is a funny thing. laugh

I get more PMs asking for help in a day than you get in a month. But that is because I have already forgotten more of firearms than you will ever know on your best day. Never felt the need to brag about it though......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
encore was a trouble maker plain and simple LOL. He made claims i was paid by such and such and they banned me for it.

Ohhh now its on to I get more PM's than you laugh Yeah well, my dad can beat up your dad. How much lower do you intend to go?

Muzzle loaders are all I ever intend to use. My most modern rifle is a 1953 M44 Mosin Nagant LOL. I use my Hawken or Optima for centerfire season when I have to degrade to that hunting season.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I was banned on modernmuzzleloader by KNIGHT prostaff moderators! LOL.

Total lie.

At the time you were banned from MM there was no Knight Prostaff or even a functioning Knight production line. The mod that banned you was mostly shooting a Rem700ML, sidelocks, Whites and a Knight at that time. He still does except the Rem700ML which he sold.

Only one mod is associated with Knight, so there were no moderatorS involved. The current owner of MM is not associated with Knight in anyway. The old owner of MM was not either. Chuck actually preferred the Savage MLII-BP over Knights and even banned Grouse in part for disagreeing about it. Chuck also had a big hand in perma banning Wakeman.

Seems you forgot to address how you used a friends account to post on MM without his consent. This happened under Hal's ownership and had NOTHING to do with any mod. You simply could not stay away even if it risked your friend's account.

You also forgot the much older name that got banned on HNI for what was it....you made a mod mad because you were flirting with his girl friend......yeah sure

And the name that was also the name of your forum also. Thats the real reason that one was banned and all of its posts deleted. You just have to pimp whenever you can even if it violates every rule.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way he portrays himself as the poor victim who only wishes to help others is TFF. All the while blatantly lying and guiltlessly pimping inferior products.

He has an excuse for everything. None of the bannings were EVER his fault.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
at the time, KNIGHT sponsored MM, they even banned grouse because he was talking smack about a TC Triump they wanted him to review.

How's about you 2 stop being a couple cupcakes and grow a set hmmm? You act like being banned on a forum is such a horrible thing to do. Oh my!

Last edited by bigblock455; 11/24/14.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ive never been a member of your forum but i do know of Muley. He is the one who's MM account you used...or should i say abused.

You seem to want to avoid this tidbit of insight into your lack of ethics. Your other bans dont really mean that much compared to this one.

Again you are wrong. Knight was basically out of business at the time of your final MM ban. They had not sold a ML in a couple years. They only existed for repairs and parts at that time. They had no prostaff.

Chuck Hill actually had no sponsors at that time. The only banner was gone by then. He paid for all of it out of his own pocket for the last 1-2 years he owned it.

Hal now pays for all of it out of his own pocket Anyone can email him and ask.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
sure knight wasnt payin.

Nothing to say about grouse getting banned? Kinda odd he was let back in once he got in with knight huh. Then we see all these guys on there and huntingnet pushing knights.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I told you why grouse was banned. I know this for a fact and not some rumor. I was shown the PMs between Chuck and Grouse. Plus i saw the posts before they were moved. I was on MM when Wakeman was banned. I think i know the history pretty well and i talked to Chuck and Patrick White on the phone several times.

The last banners on MM were for Ez-tool and MMP. Those were gone before you. Your attempt at deflection is not working very well.

Now how about you explain why you used Muley's account to post on MM without his consent?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
poor response from knight prostaff when giving unsafe advice to a man shooting a cva and was unsure of his breech plug set up. Ask Muley, I did not cause any trouble under his name and only helped folks when I saw there were getting no help LOL. Thats between he and i, and we have gotten over that.

So whats your other user names? I am sure i know you under another name.

Knights banner was up while i was a member there, along with mmp. But what does it matter now? The site is now full of knight pushers, including knight prostaff who spam it, along with other forums.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not cause any trouble under his name and only helped folks

Here we go AGAIN. Then why is it only YOU are the one who gets banned/warned/posts deleted all the time?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
maybe its due to the 24" screen, but i can not find where you gave a reason to grouse being banned? page 3?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I did not cause any trouble under his name and only helped folks

Here we go AGAIN. Then why is it only YOU are the one who gets banned/warned/posts deleted all the time?

what posts of mine have been deleted? Dude, 98% of forums are DEAD. This post alone has more responses today than most forums get in a month all put together LOL. The last forum i was banned on was me asking the mod to rid the names and i'll wave and be on my way. The mod and I even chatted for a little while before i thanked him and wished him well and to watch our for knight prostaff spamming the forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The site is now full of knight pushers, including knight prostaff who spam it, along with other forums.

Well now, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? LMAO.

People just like you.

At least THEY push a decent product.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
2muchgun, you are ZERO help to members on here IMO. Just a person that wants to troll and start trouble and give misleading info.

How many of your posts been deleted on predatormasters for being a troll? A LOT! You are just a person that stirs up trouble and offers nothing to anyone.

Last edited by bigblock455; 11/24/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Misleading? Like CVAguncases.com and such?

How about when someone asks about "New Knight rifles" and I give a reply based on my 2 Knight rifles I own and like, and the only things you mention are the CVA Wolf, CVA Optima, and some Traditions POS???

Read the thread. You are a joke buddy......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
that traditions POS you call, has taken bigger deer than you'd lie about LOL.

The 2 rifles you own are nothing special, we call them meat n potatoes guns.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I love elk meat and potatoes.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
WOW, carry on..... whistle

Just remember, when you piss into the wind you tend to get wet. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that traditions POS you call, has taken bigger deer than you'd lie about LOL.

The 2 rifles you own are nothing special, we call them meat n potatoes guns.

I highly doubt that, son.

Compared to junk you use/peddle they are plenty special IMO.

If you want to call quality USA made rifles that are very accurate, have great triggers, and have never failed in any single way after extensive use in freezing conditions, "meat and potatoes guns", that's good with me. Because they do bring the meat to the potatoes on a regular basis.

We call your your guns "$HIT" around here.........

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not getting help? PUHLEASE, Hawgslayer is an active mod on MM AND a CVA owner. Cayuga also owns a CVA and is a MOD on MM. GM54-120 and Mossy appear to prefer smokeless. That leaves ONE moderator and he is the one that banned you. This isnt about Knight, its about Sabotloader and you holding a grudge and/or envy.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=427

You are delusional and a liar. Many of the members on MM own multiple brands. The diehard Knight owners that hate CVA are in the minority by far.

Grouse hasnt posted on MM in over a year http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5

As i said, he was banned over a argument between he and Chuck. The dispute involved Savage's new MLII-BP vs Knights, the Elite to be more specific. Im not giving anymore details than that other than some words were used that violated the forum rules.

After the forum ownership changed, Grouse was allowed to return. Hal has strictly enforced brand bashing since he became the owner.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
really? i remember it being a tc triump and he gave it back to the guy giving him crap for not doing at his wanted speed.

It surely sounds like you are in DEEP with MM as well as knight? Man, you know some details! I find that interesting you are giving me fits, yet seem to be hiding your true identity?

Your links want you to register.. Are you just posting them to get members there? laugh

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I provided links to the proof. I have no idea if you need to be a member to view topics. I thought it was only needed to post. If an admin here wants them removed i will do so without question or argument.

I thought Grouse liked the Triumph but i really dont remember.

How would i be in deep with Knight? I have not bought a Knight in many years. I dont own a single one made by the new owners. All mine are Tony era Knights. I like my custom builds a bit better even if they cost 3 times as much.

Ive talked to Sam the smith at Knight a few times. Ive talked to Gordy maybe 3-4 times total. The only one in the business i talk to semi regularly is MMP. Del and Connie are funny and i like them. Great folks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
you know so many details my friend, especially with the owners, past and present, who paid for what, who sponsored who, who shot what.

MMP does indeed make a great product, no argument there. Although in my state you know my limitations as far as bullets go.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I use both MMP and Harvester sabots. It all depends on the bore to me. My smokeless rigs prefer mostly Harvesters. Del is very aware of my opinion and he likes to hear the truth.

Been around a long time but since going mostly smokeless im more active on Dougs. just like the rest of us. That doesn't mean i don't still know lots of folks on MM though.

I even used to chat with Randy and Toby before they became douche bags. Randy though has gotten much more laid back and toned down his attitude on the few forums he posts on. Toby is still a total arse hole IMO.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
ok to put an end to this folks, lets open our eyes and smell the coffee.

If I had companies paying me to endorse their products.... Do you really think i'd be able to have this conversation right now? I don't think so. How many paid pros have we seen in the hunting industry go down the tubes due to them opening their mouths and saying the wrong this? Jim Zumbo comes to mind easily. How many pros have been busted for poaching or posing with animals they shot so many years ago and then pawned off as a recent kill?

Flat out truth... If I was paid by any company that deals with hunting, I would NOT be allowed to speak to you guys the way I do. Some may call me an [bleep]... Well, you would be to if you were being called a liar and had others accusing you of being paid off.

Make sense?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ok to put an end to this folks, lets open our eyes and smell the coffee.

If I had companies paying me to endorse their products.... Do you really think i'd be able to have this conversation right now? I don't think so. How many paid pros have we seen in the hunting industry go down the tubes due to them opening their mouths and saying the wrong this? Jim Zumbo comes to mind easily. How many pros have been busted for poaching or posing with animals they shot so many years ago and then pawned off as a recent kill?

Flat out truth... If I was paid by any company that deals with hunting, I would NOT be allowed to speak to you guys the way I do. Some may call me an [bleep]... Well, you would be to if you were being called a liar and had others accusing you of being paid off.

Make sense?

No, it doesn't. That is because you are a compulsive liar, and have been for years.....

http://www.predatormastersforums.co...ger++for+cva&Search=true#Post2550540

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Liar about what?

Notice how all the posts were deleted? It was YOU being a troll like you always are on forums. You dont offer help, you just argue and start trouble LOL.

Prostaf for world hunting club is a non paid "position" as i said. They filmed me on a bear hunt in NM this past august.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd1j051ivq4

we had a ton of fun and made memories. I also used my own Hawken that I built. My own powder i bought, my own patches i bought and lubed my self and my own round balls which i made over the Lee lead pot. Not a whole lot to pimp for wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Pro staff doesn't start until next year when they want me to hunt for them......"

Yet you just denied ever being Pro Staff. Didn't you? Need we post a link to that also? My god man.

Then you state "I no longer do reviews for CVA but........"

Yet you continue to categorically deny EVER working for them or ever doing reviews for them. You need help son. You are unable to keep your lies in order.

He11, you didn't even shoot the mulie buck you posted the pics of in the other thread. But you sure tried to infer that you did laugh

Wait. Wait. I know. You are the victim, you have no idea why folks talk to you the way they do, and you are only here because you want to help others. Yeah, we all know that STORY.

Anyhoo, you go on and help all the poor lost souls here who have unfortunately purchased Inferior muzzleloaders, but please spare us the BS. Your character/opinions/reviews will NEVER not be in question around here, due to your compulsive lying.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TFF. The posts are deleted because I tore you a new ass and they couldn't leave it there laugh

The fact that you think I am a troll for not buying your BS, and proving you to be dishonest, pretty much says it all. It is preposterous......and speaks volumes of your make up......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
are you truly that stupid? LOL.

You made a bold statement claiming that CVA pays me, you are the liar.

You do realize i have a video of that buck being shot by my brother in law right? LOL you are really going over board and trying to twist things.

I told you to stop shooting the babes and let the lil ones grow up into big bucks. The picture of the buck was to show you what an adult deer looks like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fact that you still try to deny what is there in black and white is quite apalling.

You deny being ProStaff, yet in the link you stated you "were hunting for Pro Staff". Your WHC title says "Prostaff" also.

You deny ever working for CVA/BPI, yet again in the link, you state that you "no longer do reviews for CVA". No longer means that you at the very least DID do reviews FOR CVA at one time.

Yes, I'm twisting the truth so much.

C'mon man. Everbody here can read......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes. The big mule deer. You have a video of someone else shooting it.

I also saw a video of you shooting a deer that would fit into my glove box.

It wasn't half the size of the deer you told me I should have let grow bigger shocked

We call those "crock pot deer".

Maybe you should heed your own advice about lettin' 'em grow bigger, because my neighbor's cat is bigger than that thing you shot....... laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I call 'em just gettin started at deer huntin, deer

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by acooper1983
i do like the idea of long range accuracy with a muzzleloader. on my wisconsin farm i frequently see some absolute slammers during the muzzleloader season out in my foodplots. To reach them in these deer id need a muzzleloader capable of a 250 yard shot. What do you guys think of the price, i see i can get a kit for 1299 shipped that included a leupold scope with graduated drop compensating. Im particularly interested in the primer system them use, looks like a 44 mag case with a large rifle primer in it.

I have one. It is capable of reaching the level of performance you seek. Not familiar with that kit, but the rifle can be had from a dealer for about $800. If you can get dealer pricing, then cheaper. Friend has the custom version this Remington is based off, as well as this model. His custom uses magnum pistol cases, whereas the Remington uses the modified rifle cases. I think the Remington is an improvement in the breech plug and ignition system. The friend is so happy with the Remington, I think he likes it better than the custom, that I got one.

He's shooting Blackhorn 209 and a Parker bullet, and it does well. Next season, I'll likely be shooting either the new Federal Trophy Copper, or fall back on the old Barnes Original, also using Blackhorn 209. I'd expect any of those combos to shoot well out of this gun.

My only dislike is the bulk and weight of the VLS stock. I'm going to reshape the stock closer to a sporter, slim it down and hollow the butt-stock to make it a bit handier. That shouldn't worry you though, if looking for a bean field rifle.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,546
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.