Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the convenience of having an indoor chitter. A bucket buddy is yer friend...as is the midnight pee bottle...

Nothing like taking the ol' morning constitution in woodstove heated comfort as compared to the wind-blown, snow-covered latrine log at 0 degrees......

I'm not into huffing a lot of s h i t fumes. With a few folks in the tent, that would get downright unbearable.

I'd much sooner put up a small crapper tent.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
[Linked Image]

I agree w/ not having a bathroom inside... I time my need to use the outhouse better. eek

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a latrine tent to the bottom right of that pic!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
MontanaMarine

Might save a little digging by cutting one of these down to pull your stakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifter-Puller...p;sr=8-16&keywords=fence+post+puller

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Good eye ready_on_the_right, That's a royal throne from Davis Tent. I just use it as a shower tent. My latrine is conveniently located in 3 separate places (Those nice large 5th wheels)

Remember: SAFETY FIRST................................................................................................then pull the trigger smile
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
laugh

That idea sounds much more comfy!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
MontanaMarine

Might save a little digging by cutting one of these down to pull your stakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifter-Puller...p;sr=8-16&keywords=fence+post+puller

Mike

The steel post stakes aren't really hard to get out, just a couple knocks on the side to get them loosened. I took the spade plates off the posts.

I always have a pick to dig the crapper with. In the picture, Dad had just grabbed the pick loosen up the stakes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Ah that does make it much easier.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The spade plates on the stakes work great in sandy soil. Good to have a few of those in your kit.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always set up a Crapper tent, Simple A frame set up with Canvas Tarp as the roof. Crapper is dug with a Post Hole Digger, Then The Plywood Crapper Box with standard seat gets set over it. Tent Stakes are 18" Concrete stakes, I also bring a few 24" and 36" for real windy conditions or bad soil. 3lb hammer. Cut Off T-posts would not work very well where I set up sometimes, Rocks or Having them freeze in when it gets below zero. Hard enough to get the concrete stakes out of frozen ground. One Guy I know uses 4' sections of 1/2 Galvanized water pipe for staking a large Army Tent. Floor is a Poly tarp with 6'wide rolls of Cheap Indoor Outdoor carpet from Home Depot. The Stove side gets a short roll. White heavy Poly tarp for roof slide/Rain Fly. I bought the long leg kit for my Cylinder Stove to solve the ground catching on fire issue

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
we put 6 mil poly on the ground (keeps the dampness out) and cover it with 1/2 " plywood landscape cloth then put carpet remnants in front of the bunks. We also have a door from a tent trailer that we fashioned for the tent door, works pretty slick.

setting up the floor system
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by smokeeter; 12/07/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not just build a house?.....

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
It is our house , for 3 weeks. Might as well be comfy

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
How do you do that with 2 ft of snow on the ground?

Last year I figured it out. I'm too old to do all that setting up, tearing down chopping wood. I jacked the tent up and ran a pop up slide in camper under it on my Dodge. Then put the tent in case and stored it.
Funny thing. When I was younger,we always had a few older guys in camp and we told them to sit back and relax while us younger guys did all the work. Now I'm older and the young guys say they don't want to work that hard hunting. Go figure

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CumminsHunter
[Linked Image]

Circle the wagons!!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
How do you do that with 2 ft of snow on the ground?

Last year I figured it out. I'm too old to do all that setting up, tearing down chopping wood. I jacked the tent up and ran a pop up slide in camper under it on my Dodge. Then put the tent in case and stored it.
Funny thing. When I was younger,we always had a few older guys in camp and we told them to sit back and relax while us younger guys did all the work. Now I'm older and the young guys say they don't want to work that hard hunting. Go figure

The main reason I'm thinking of quitting is all the hard work involved in getting to a site early, sitting up and getting ready for opening day. I don't mind cutting but splitting wood is a killer job for an old man
Seems like nobody can miss a day or two of work and just show up on Friday afternoon ready to hunt.
Most years I'm worn out by Sunday afternoon

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by CumminsHunter
[Linked Image]

Circle the wagons!!

Now that's what I call a hunting camp!! wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

We use a pop-up blind as our crapper cover. Keeps the snow and wind off you while giving you a little privacy. Works great plus you can hunt while on the pot which is more effective than one would expect.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the ol' latrine log trick, improved.......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22
the ol' latrine log trick, improved.......

Ackley improved??

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,877
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.