As would you be, at mime!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Z
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Z
My brother shot a smallish male coyote just before dark tonight which was chasing two does.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Killed two and wounded (shot a little low and only clipped his leg) a third last week while deer hunting at our farm in Arkansas Co., AR First one had pushed 3 does across a fallow field then picked the wrong corner to try and sneak out of the field. Second one only had a bout 3-4 inches of tail. Anyone ever seen one like that before?

Attached Images
IMG_0943.JPG (56 KB, 40 downloads)
IMG_0957.JPG (43.72 KB, 35 downloads)

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A good friend just killed a big male coyote out here (about 55#) that came in to a grunt call and rattling antlers. He'd played that game before. Last year, the same buddy killed a large female (45#) that came to a grunt call and a doe-in-estrous bleat sequence. Size matters, and the bigger Eastern coyotes don't really worry too much about being outnumbered.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I gave something here a little try...using a calf elk call, and the old" Mom! Im lost!" call.
Got four coyotes to come in on the first stand.

Please don't ask how many of them I got... blush frown

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I gave something here a little try...using a calf elk call, and the old" Mom! Im lost!" call.
Got four coyotes to come in on the first stand.

Please don't ask how many of them I got... blush frown

Yep. I can guarantee you that we're shifting approaches to trying to get coyotes called in here.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I had three smallish deer come running from field to woods[where I was] Saturday morning. About 20 seconds behind them was a large yote. First time I've seen one chasing here.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
I had three smallish deer come running from field to woods[where I was] Saturday morning. About 20 seconds behind them was a large yote. First time I've seen one chasing here.

Those two that came to the calls in the last two years weren't too far way from your area, Raeford.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shot and trapped 21 last year and believe twice as many took their place. I'm not sure what percentage of fawns they take, but there is no doubt that any animal that ain't completely healthy is gonna get chased down and et.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a female junior high science teacher from Baltimore, MD tell me coyotes don't kill animals, they just eat carrion crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
Had a female junior high science teacher from Baltimore, MD tell me coyotes don't kill animals, they just eat carrion crazy

I could take her stupid Baltimoron ass into areas not very far from that schitty city and show her otherwise.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She was part of a student/teacher exchange program with our school district. There was no convincing the ignorant fool. I told her sometimes they don't kill what they are eating, just immobilize it and start eating it.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Opening weekend of deer center-fire season the coyotes around here go crazy and can get pretty bold over the scent of blood and gut piles left laying around in fields and woods.

Back in 1992 we killed a real nice sized buck in the evening getting close to last shooting light. A pack of coyotes had quietly followed us as we dragged the deer all the way out to the edge of the woods but stopped there. There probably weren't more than 4 or 5 of them but when they all started howling it sounded like 20. They never left the cover of the woods, though, where I could get a shot at any of them. The deer was pretty heavy and hard to drag my so son (12 yrs old at the time) and I gave up after about 50-75 yards into the field of corn stubble and went to get a friend with a 4x4 to help load him up. Maybe we just got lucky but when we returned a short while later the coyotes had not touched our deer. The only reason I can think of is I hung my seat heater cushion on it's rack before we left to get help and as hard as the deer was to drag I was real glad I had not field dressed him yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She was part of a student/teacher exchange program with our school district. There was no convincing the ignorant fool. I told her sometimes they don't kill what they are eating, just immobilize it and start eating it.

Should have taken her stupid Baltimoron ass out there and shown her real life in the wilds. Hell, National Geographic could do at least that much from the comfort of her couch, right?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

In high school one time I lost a nice WT 8 pt in South Texas once to hogs/coyotes. I had arrowed it and found it the next morning.

In the mountains I have had to leave a couple of MD bucks overnight where there were bears and coyotes. I did gut them and drug them a short distance, but I would pee on surrounding brush and leave my underwear hanging above on a limb or bush before leaving to worry most the night. That or Providence saved both of them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by eyeball
and leave my underwear hanging above on a limb or bush

I'm sure he was even safe from the buzzards grin

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
GFY grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, maybe they didn't have to hunt - lot of dead human street carrion available most nights in Balto.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,796 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.