Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Another Woman Comes Forward To Accuse Bill Cosby Of Rape

The Huffington Post
By Andrew Hart
Posted: 11/17/2014 12:40 am EST

Another woman who claims she was raped by Bill Cosby has spoken out about her encounter with the embattled comedian.

The accusation is just the latest of numerous allegations of sexual abuse by Cosby, and follows the claims of another alleged victim who spoke out earlier this week.

In an essay on Hollywood Elsewhere, music industry publicist and journalist Joan Tarshis claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her twice in 1969 when she was 19. The former actress and Cosby were both working at Universal Studios, and she said he took an interest in her.

Cosby often pushed alcohol on her, Tarshis said, and on one instance when the two had been working on material together, she fell unconscious at his bungalow after having a cocktail he made for her.

"The next thing I remember was coming to on his couch while being undressed," Tarshis wrote. "I thought I was being clever when I told him I had an infection and he would catch it and his wife would know he had sex with someone. But he just found another orifice to use. I was sickened by what was happening to me and shocked that this man I had idolized was now raping me. Of course I told no one."

The second time Cosby allegedly attacked her, Tarshis claims that she had been drinking with Cosby while attending a performance at a music theater. She started to feel shaky, and "the next thing I remember was waking up in his bed back at the Sherry, naked," Tarshis wrote.

Tarshis was prompted to share her experiences after seeing others go public with their allegations, saying "as more and more of his rape victims have come forward, all telling similar stories, the time is right to join them."

Cosby has been dogged by accusations of sexual assault for years, and the controversy returned to the public eye after comedian Hannibal Buress called Cosby a rapist during one of his routines. Following Buress' charge, one of Cosby's alleged victims, Barbara Bowman, published an essay in The Washington Post, titled "Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story?"

When pressed by NPR's Scott Simon during Saturday's "Weekend Edition" to address the allegations, Cosby refused to discuss the matter. On Sunday, John P. Schmitt, Cosby's lawyer, said his client would not respond to the claims against him.

"Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true," Schmitt said in a statement.

It was not clear if Schmitt's statement was also referring to the accusation made by Tarshis.

Cosby's scheduled Nov. 19 appearance on "The Late Show With David Letterman" was canceled after the Washington Post essay was published. A representative for CBS declined to comment when contacted by The Huffington Post.

Cosby has never been charged with any of the alleged crimes. He settled a civil suit with another alleged victim in 2006.

The Huffington Post reached out to Cosby's representatives on Sunday, but did not receive a response.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So after the first incident she was drinking with him again?
Either she liked Bill or the booze I guess.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That's what he gets for having the gall to candidly dis black culture.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
None of the allegations ring true to me. Wait a year before you report a rape, and meanwhile keep seeing the accused rapist? Wait 30 years before you join in accusations?

Not responding or replying is exactly what Cosby and his legal advisers need to do. Replying only allows them to ask more and more loaded questions.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tracks
So after the first incident she was drinking with him again?
Either she liked Bill or the booze I guess.

Kinda my thinking, too. confused

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rocky, I have to disagree with you on this one. 30 years ago how much credibility was given to most women making a claim of rape? Factor in Cosby's "fame" and they probably knew they wouldn't have a chance.

Similar situation going on here in Canada right now involving a popular radio personality except in this case he has been canned from his job. Changing times I think.

Jim

Last edited by 1OntarioJim; 11/17/14. Reason: correction
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, times are changing. Sleep with a woman and if you become successful or stay that way 30+ years later, you can be and will be accused of rape (statute of limitations, what?) and have to pay through the nose to get rid of her once-enamored-and-willing ass as well as have your reputation trashed.

What wonderful "change" this is...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does Bill Clinton ring a bell? The original schlictmeister!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Yep, times are changing. Sleep with a woman and if you become successful or stay that way 30+ years later, you can be and will be accused of rape (statute of limitations, what?) and have to pay through the nose to get rid of her once-enamored-and-willing ass as well as have your reputation trashed.

You seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about things you can not possibly know.

Jim

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For all we know, Cosby could have been a huge perv. You never know.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Originally Posted by 4ager

You seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about things you can not possibly know.

Jim

It seems that you are as well. "Hello, Pot? Meet Kettle."

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know what to think about Cosby. He's always seemed abit creepy to me but he says some honest things about the black community.

I doubt he's a rapist but who knows. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I regret having sex with you" does not equal "You raped me".

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
bill is getting unclee tom'ed ...by the left imo ...lets see I grab some azz in 1969 > and 44 years latter u whine crazy ...f-off I sazz!!!!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are the odds that this woman:

[Linked Image]

Who is now quite lesbian, was not so in 1969 (hmmm...what infection could you have that a man could catch and give to his wife? One cured by penicillin perhaps?), and found this guy:

[Linked Image]

attactive?

What she "regrets" now is having sex with a man, or any men, and therefore she was "raped" because that's what must have happened, right?

Right... 44 years later.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Bill Cosby's reasonable, fairly conservative style does not meet with approval on the left. They now feel a compulsion to destroy him.

Sam......

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Dr. Bill Cosby is hated by the left leaning media because he tells it like is is, doesn't go with the party line. His message to black youth is spot on and if they'd take heed to what he's trying to tell them, they'd amount to something. But, they'd rather sit back and be victims than get up and do something positive. It just takes less effort to be passive and who doesn't cherish a pity party now and then. A full time pity party can cost one his destiny. But that's the left wing playbook, maintaining a perpetually needy underclass in order to stay in power.

It's exploitation under the guise of fighting exploitation, truth becoming the lie, and a lie becoming the truth. The truth/lie flip flop is warned about in Scripture and here we see it played out right before our eyes.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he were someone like Roman Polanski they'd give him a special academy award.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
13 women seems like a trend. Smoke, meet fire.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Rocky, I have to disagree with you on this one. 30 years ago how much credibility was given to most women making a claim of rape? �

Plenty. It's not like using false claims of rape for gain is a new phenomenon, it's practically the world's second oldest profession.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.