Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Interesting article indeed. Funny how this "narrative" is not getting much airplay with the MSM. Oh, well, I'm sure they have more important, more legitimate news stories to cover.

Doc I hope you didn't bite you tongue will putting it in your Cheek.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
As I'm sure you know, there's Hispanics all over the southwestern U.S. who were never immigrants.

IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among, South Texas is about the most colorblind place I've ever seen. "Race" here just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico or any causes arising therein. In fact yer average South Texas Hispanic speaks little Spanish and can be spotted by the Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs decals on their vehicles.

The other part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that they ARE descended from immigrants: If ya go up into New Mexico a whole different kettle of fish. IME Hispanics there got local roots going back to before the US took over, and STILL have a chip on their shoulder about it.

I can walk with my wife in Texas and nobody GAS, up North in New Mexico I'll get hard looks from the local Hispanics, like we is interracial or some such.

Southern California Hispanics OTOH? It was like actually being in Mexico the time I went....

Birdwatcher

That's some funny fuggin' schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Now a lot of non-Hispanic folks celebrate Cinco de Mayo with no idea as to its origin, it's just another good excuse for bars to have drink specials - same as St. Pattie's day.

The difference being Guinness is real beer, the same cannot be said of Corona.

laugh

Point taken. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Birdwatcher You say fully integrated then I guess that wouldn't have any thing to do with some towns operating in Spanish and
if you want a copy of town minutes in English you have to wait 48 hours for a copy. Do you??
Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 11/25/14.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdwatcher You say fully integrated then I guess that wouldn't have any thing to do with some towns operating in Spanish and
if you want a copy of town minutes in English you have to wait 48 hours for a copy. Do you??

You must mean one of them podunk communities right on the River, as cited in the various right-wing outrage-based websites a few years back. I understand, I mean all White folks is alike too ennit?

Anyhoo... been living and working in an 80% Hispanic lower-income community here for the past 25 years, even married a local. I ain't needed or spoken hardly a word of Spanish in all that time.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's some funny fuggin' schit.

I'd be curious to know what ain't factual. Seems like those who actually live down here got one version (me, Doc, STx), and those elsewhere got another.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'd be curious to know what ain't factual.

These quotes:

IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among,

South Texas is about the most colorblind place I've ever seen. "Race" here just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico

In fact yer average South Texas Hispanic speaks little Spanish

Southern California Hispanics OTOH? It was like actually being in Mexico the time I went....

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by add

The difference being Guinness is real beer, the same cannot be said of Corona.

laugh [/quote]

Guinness is a freaking joke of a beer too, only they advertised to the cool kids so some people like to drink it when they pretend to drink real beer.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Guinness is delicious but it has a very low alcohol content.

Travis

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Here is your guinness facts, same ABV as bud light and a whopping 15 more calories. Real beer TFF.

Guinness isn�t boozier than most other beers. In fact, it contains less alcohol by volume than a typical draught. An average beer contains 5% ABV, while Guinness clocks in at just 4.2%. So this St. Paddy�s Day, Guinness is a smart choice if you�re feeling festive but you want to take it easy (the holiday does fall on Monday, after all).

Guinness, a stout-style brew, is known for its creamy texture, dark color, and rich, caramel-tinged flavor. That means it must be high in calories, right? Not so fast. A 12-ounce serving of Guinness sets you back 125 calories�just 15 more than the same serving of Bud Light. Alcohol is beer�s main calorie source, and since Guinness is just 4.2% ABV, it�s relatively low in calories. The dark color and sweetness come from small amounts of roasted barley used in the brewing process. And that thick, creamy texture? Most beers are carbonated with carbon dioxide, but Guinness uses a mix of CO2 and nitrogen. Nitrogen bubbles are smaller than CO2 bubbles, which produces a smoother �mouthfeel,� as beer nerds call it.

Oh and yeah, a high concentration of N*ggers just makes living conditions so miserable that nobody with half a brain will live amongst them, this includes blacks with more than half a brain.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Guinness is delicious but it has a very low alcohol content.

Travis

I always thought that guinness had very little flavor, if I were going to drink a stout it would be the last beer I reached for. Many, many better choices for a stout.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
shiner bock, and the majority of beaner's around are as birdy described. fit in with the redneck culture more than anything.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You questioned....IME South Texas Hispanics are exceedingly easy for a White guy to live among,

Been living and working here in a sorta 'hood for 25 year w/o any problems, we can and do even leave our house and cars unlocked when we aint paying attention. We DID have a drive-by next door a few years back but missed it. I dunno, maybe I'm a hero. Did I tell you I rode my bicycle to New York? grin

You questioned....South Texas is about the most colorblind place I've ever seen. "Race" here just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Seriously, what would I know? I've only been seeing around 3,000 local South Texas teenagers and their parents every day at work for the last 25 years, along with 10% White and 10% Black kids and too many "interracial" couples to recall, among both kids and parents alike. Then there's this whole married-to-a-local girl thing I got going on....

[Linked Image]

You questioned.... Part of their good nature I attribute to the fact that most have been here for at least three or four generations and do NOT identify with Mexico

Was it you that Bart questioned yer Texas creds a little while back? I find myself concurring. Most everyone I am around dates their families arrival back to the days of Villa and Zapata. Ancient history now. After 9/11 this place ERUPTED in American flags, you'll hardly ever see a Mex flag around.

In fact yer average South Texas Hispanic speaks little Spanish

Ya, I've only been around a few hundred thousand of 'em.....

Around here I see American Mexicans, put 'em next to actual Mexican Mexicans and the effects of hard living and just DIFFERENT living are readily apparent in that latter group.

In Anahiem where I stayed for a week once I was stunned by the fact that most every Hispanic I saw looked like a Mexican Mexican and spoke primarily Spanish, and by the apparent social separation 'tween them and Whites. NOTHING like where I live.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Was it you that Bart questioned yer Texas creds a little while back? I find myself concurring.

Golly gee, I'm crushed.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
shiner bock, and the majority of beaner's around are as birdy described. fit in with the redneck culture more than anything.

Viva Tex-Mexican Rednecks! grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

In Anahiem where I stayed for a week once I was stunned by the fact that most every Hispanic I saw looked like a Mexican Mexican and spoke primarily Spanish,

Yeah. Those "Mexican Mexicans" are the fuggin' worse.

We need more of those non-spanish speaking Mexicans like you have in San Antonio.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Golly gee, I'm crushed.

Ya dont gotta be crushed, you were just wrong on this one is all.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I had my first real trip to Texas this year, southern Texas and was immediately impressed-almost smitten with- exactly what birdy describes. NICE people...all colors, openly friendly to one another, cordial , soft spoken etc. When I tried a word here and there of my pidgin spanish, they seemed to appreciate the effort, rather than make sport of it ( which Mexican Mexicans have done in the past).
As mentioned, many are third and fourth or more generations removed from Mexico. Didn't seem right to refer to them as Mexican...it would be like calling me Irish.Im not, Im an American, and so were they.
All tolled, I found the people to be extremely pleasant. Nice experience.

Last edited by ingwe; 11/25/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GFY

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Golly gee, I'm crushed.

Ya dont gotta be crushed, you were just wrong on this one is all.

I know. It's tough to find spanish speaking Mexicans in south Texas. Especially San Antonio.

Travis

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 3,020 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,349
Posts18,487,864
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.